Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Welcome back to SAS NFL Dynasty League!
For a history of the SAS Dynasty League, check the Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9, and 10. We've made it a whole decade, which I believe is longer than most NFL players' careers!

Since we have finally gotten pretty well even in terms of league finances (cost of buying the league, plaque, medals, and shipping), Extra funds go to the league champion.

League Page: https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2021/home/34155

Owners and Rankings from Last Year:
1 - Alucard - Cardiac Cats NFC Champion - 2020 Champion
2 - Veritek83 - River City Cryptkeepers AFC Champion
3 - NineK11 - Big Picture BFC Champion
4 - Forever_Peace - The Soulful Power Ballads WILD CARD
5 - OhSnapGangsta - Ice Up
6 - DHaddon - AHH MY GROIN!
7 - spacejung - The Brownies are Rebuilt
8 - Andio - The Yickers
9 - Mayfly - Casey Ryback
10 - JTinsdale - Flint Tropics
11 - backno - Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz
12 - MacheteZombie - Monroeville Mall Ravagers

Tentative Schedule - This Year's Schedule of Events:
FA Extensions / Franchise Players: July 8th (This will let us know who will be available as Free Agents)
Rookie Draft: Starts July 14th @ 12PM EST
Free Agent Draft: July 31st @ 12PM EST
Roster Size Shrinks to 24: August 29th
Free agent pool locked: August 29th
Waiver Request for Dropped Players Processed: September 1st
First come first serve free agent pool (locked players): September 1st
Unassigned Contracts Submitted: September 3rd
Waivers, FCFS Free Agency (no locked players): Sept 4th-Kickoff Week 1 (September 9)
After this period, normal season waiver / free agent rules apply

Draft and Contracts:
3 lengths of contracts exist:
5 years / 3 years / 1 years
All contract statuses will be listed in the contract status line for a player, and will be designated in quotes for this explanation (e.g. "Signed")

Rookie Draft (3 rounds): All draftees will be given a 5 year "Rookie Contract" which does not count towards any FA draft restrictions. Draft will take place in typical NFL draft style (1.1 also gets 2.1 unless trades occur), and be conducted via this thread.

Draft clock is 12 hours after being notified of your pick being up ("on the clock" time will be noted on the thread as well). You can pick any time after the last pick has been made, but your 12 hour window starts when you are notified. if you miss this window:

Your pick is not lost - you still have the opportunity to pick the player you want, however,
Your pick can be poached - If the next person in the draft makes a selection before you, their selection takes precedence over yours

FA Draft (10-12 rounds): All picks from this draft will be distributed into 1, 3, and 5 year contracts (e.g. if I pick up 8 players, I choose 3 as 5 year, 3 as 3 year, and 2 as 1 years). These contracts will all show up as "Signed."

If, within 1 hour of the FA draft beginning, you have more available picks than you do roster spots, we will eliminate the worst picks such that you cannot exceed your maximum roster size during the draft.

The Season 11 FA draft is a slow draft with the same rules as the Rookie Draft - MFL will be the location of the draft, and a 12 hour clock will be in place. If you miss your pick, others can poach but post in the thread and I'll make your pick on your behalf so you don't lose a pick.

All players who are not on a roster after the FA draft will have a "Unsigned" status. You can pick up these players prior to finalizing contracts. Anyone dropped between the FA draft and finalizing contracts will also be set to "Unsigned" status and the existing contracts will be eliminated.

After the contract signing, all free agents will be set to "Free Agent" status, can be picked up over the course of the year. If you drop a player after contracts have been set, his contract status and number of years does not change. Anyone picking up this player from waivers in this way assumes the contract of that player as it stands.

At the end of the year, you are allowed to give 2 players with "Free Agent" status a contract extension for 2 years (effectively turning a free agent's 1 year contract into a 3 year contract). They will be listed as having a "FA Extension" after this point. You may also designate one player to use a "Franchise Player" status on, which is a one year contract for the following year. Franchise Tags are not contract extensions, they are new contracts that last only one year (Do not apply the franchise tag to a player with years remaining on his contract).

All players on the waiver wire, and players whose contracts have expired (unless extensions or franchise tags are applied) will then go to the Free Agent pool at the end of the year, whereupon their contract status is reset to "Free Agent"

Alucard fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Trade Review Process
The three Commissioners will review every trade and vote to approve or reject it. If you feel the wrong decision was made I'd be open to hearing your reasons in the event we've missed something. The final decision lies with the Commissioners.

Trading Draft Picks
Draft picks can be traded. Use the MFL Draft picks for Free Agent draft pick trades. Any Rookie Draft pick trades must be stated in this thread and approved as part of an overall trade.

Waivers and Free Agency
All players who are dropped are available on waivers after 2 days. If nobody claims the player, they become a free agent.
From kickoff of the first game of the week until 11:30 PM EST on Wednesday after games are over, all available players are on waivers. If they are not claimed, they return to free agency.

Players who are free agents can be picked up without any change in your waiver order.

That's all well and good, but how the gently caress do Waivers work?
When a player is eligible for a waiver claim and you want him, you submit a waiver request. When the claim period is over, people are given waiver requests based on their waiver priority and a few other rules.

Waiver priority is "Worst to First" as it stands when waivers are processed. That means that if you put in a request on Sunday after kickoff as the worst team in the league, and someone is worse than you at the end of the week's games, You no longer have top waiver priority

You may submit multiple players for each "round" of waiver requests (we allow 3 rounds of waiver requests). The Waiver Request Guide on MFL gives more in-depth explanation as to what a "round" of waiver requesting entails. From my understanding, each round corresponds to one dropped player, and 3 possible picked up players (in priority of importance). I don't believe the picked up players have to be the same position. Waiver order is reversed on each round, so in round 2 of waivers, it is "First to Worst" and round 3 is back to "Worst to First"

Roster Size & Starting Line-Up
The roster size for each team will be 24 and the starting line-up will be:

QB RB RB WR WR WR TE K DEF

There are two IR spots that can be used only for players that are designated as IR (I), whether it be designated for return or a full-year IR departure.

During the offseason, we will be turning off free agent acquisitions and waiver moves, but you will still be allowed to drop players. To accommodate extra players during rookie, FA draft, and preseason, the roster limit will be capped at 32 instead.

Scoring
Below you can see the scoring rules for the league:

RULES FOR QB, RB, WR, TE, PK
Passing TDs - 4pts per TD
Passing Yards - 1pt per 25yds
Pass Interceptions Thrown - -2pts
QB Sacked - -1pt
Passing 2 Pointers - 2pts
Rushing TDs - 6pts per TD
Rushing Yards - 1pt per 10yds
Rushing 2 Pointers - 2pts
Receiving TDs - 6pts per TD
Receiving Yards - 1pt per 10yds
Receiving 2 Pointers - 1pt
Length of Field Goal Made - 0-39yds - 3pts
Length of Field Goal Made - 40-49yds - 4pts
Length of Field Goal Made - 50-59yds - 5pts
Length of Field Goal Made - 60-99yds - 6pts
Extra Points - 1pt
Fumbles Lost (to Opponent) - -2pts

RULES FOR DEF
Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) - 2pts
Interceptions Caught - 2pts
Sacked a QB - 1p per Sack
Safeties - 2pts
Total Points Allowed - 0-0 - 24pts
Total Points Allowed - 1-6 - 18pts
Total Points Allowed - 7-14 - 12pts
Total Points Allowed - 15-20 - 6pts
Total Points Allowed - 21-26 - 0pts
Total Points Allowed - 27-34 - -6pts
Total Points Allowed - 35-99 - -12pts
Defensive & Special Teams TDs - 6pts per TD

Schedule and Playoffs

The Schedule is very simple. We will have a 14 week regular season schedule. Every team will face their division rivals 2 times during the season, and all other rivals one time during the season.

Playoffs consist of 4 teams: 3 division leaders and 1 wild card (the team not in a division lead with the best overall record, tiebreakers are stipulated in the bylaws)

Playoffs Occur weeks 15 and 16.

Future rookie draft trades as of 6/9 :nice: /2021

Alucard fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 10, 2021

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Rookie Draft Board - Draft is over!

1.01 - MacheteZombie - Monroeville Mall Ravagers - Najee Harris
1.02 - backno - Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz - Ja'marr Chase
1.03 - JTinsdale - Flint Tropics - Kyle Pitts
1.04 - Mayfly - Casey Ryback - Travis Etienne
1.05 - Andio - The Yickers - Trevor Lawrence
1.06 - spacejung - The Brownies are Rebuilding (Again) - Trey Lance
1.07 - DHaddon - AHH MY GROIN! - Javonte Williams
1.08 - OhSnapGangsta - Ice Up – DeVonta Smith
1.09 - Forever_Peace - The Soulful Power Ballads - Jaylen Waddle
1.10 - NineK11 - Big Picture - Elijah Moore
1.11 - Veritek83 - River City Cryptkeepers - Tray Sermon
1.12 - spacejung - The Brownies are Rebuilding (Again) - Justin Fields
2.01 - MacheteZombie - Monroeville Mall Ravagers - Michael Carter
2.02 - Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz - Rondale Moore
2.03 - JTinsdale - Flint Tropics - Rashod Bateman
2.04 - Mayfly - Casey Ryback - Terrace Marshall
2.05 - Andio - The Yickers - Kadarius Toney
2.06 - spacejung - The Brownies are Rebuilding (Again) - Chuba Hubbard
2.07 - DHaddon - AHH MY GROIN! - Tutu Atwell
2.08 - OhSnapGangsta - Ice Up – Zach Wilson
2.09 - Forever_Peace - The Soulful Power Ballads – Amon-Ra St. Brown
2.10 - NineK11 - Big Picture - Kenneth Gainwell
2.11 - Veritek83 - River City Cryptkeepers- Mac Jones
2.12 - Alucard - Cardiac Cats - Rhamondre Stevenson
3.01 - MacheteZombie - Monroeville Mall Ravagers - Amari Rodgers
3.02 - backno - Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz - Javian Hawkins
3.03 - JTinsdale - Flint Tropics - Josh Palmer
3.04 - Mayfly - Casey Ryback - Dyami Brown
3.05 - Andio - The Yickers - Elijah Mitchell
3.06 - spacejung - The Brownies are Rebuilding (Again) - Pat Freiermuth
3.07 - DHaddon - AHH MY GROIN! - Larry Roundtree
3.08 - OhSnapGangsta - Ice Up - Khalil Herbert
Z.09 - Forever_Peace - The Soulful Power Ballads - Jaret Patterson
3.10 - NineK11 - Big Picture - D'Wayne Eskridge
3.11 - Veritek83 - River City Cryptkeepers- Nico Collins
3.12 - Alucard - Cardiac Cats - Kellen Mond

Alucard fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 22, 2021

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I'm in again, though I may need to tear it all down and start a full rebuild. I'll listen to just about any offer

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011
$10 sent

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
:siren:Contract Renewals Info:siren:
As a reminder, you can pick 2 players from your "Free Agent Extension Eligible" list to pick them up for an additional 2 years, and 1 player from your "Franchise Eligible" list for a 1-year contract extension. Technically, you can franchise tag your free agent eligible players too, but I'm guessing most people will want at least one person from the franchise only list.

GOFF BOYZ DA RUDEST BOYZ - BACKNO
Free Agent Extension Eligible
McFarland, Anthony PIT RB; Moore, David CAR WR; Blankenship, Rodrigo IND PK
Franchise Eligible
Brees, Drew FA QB; Goff, Jared DET QB; Stafford, Matthew LAR QB; Boyd, Tyler CIN WR; Shepard, Sterling NYG WR; Uzomah, C.J. CIN TE; Colts, Indianapolis IND Def

CARDIAC CATS - ALUCARD
Smith, Ito FA RB; Schultz, Dalton DAL TE; Koo, Younghoe ATL PK
Franchise Eligible
Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB; Wentz, Carson IND QB; Bell, Le'Veon FA* RB; Bernard, Giovani TBB RB; Kelce, Travis KCC TE; Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def

RIVER CITY CRYPTKEEPERS - VERITEK83
Dalton, Andy CHI QB; Fitzpatrick, Ryan WAS QB; Booker, Devontae NYG RB; Boykin, Miles BAL WR; Gage, Russell ATL WR; Giants, New York NYG Def
Franchise Eligible
Hyde, Carlos JAC RB; Hopkins, DeAndre ARI WR; Graham, Jimmy CHI TE; FootballTeam, Washington WAS Def; Rams, Los Angeles LAR Def

ICE UP - OHSNAPGANGSTA
Gallman, Wayne SFO RB; Beasley, Cole BUF WR; Berrios, Braxton NYJ WR; Higgins, Rashard CLE WR; James, Richie SFO WR; Fells, Darren DET TE; Dolphins, Miami MIA Def
Franchise Eligible
Newton, Cam NEP QB; Ballage, Kalen PIT RB; Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB; Ingram, Mark HOU RB; Williams, Damien CHI RB; Edelman, Julian FA WR; Woods, Robert LAR WR; Lutz, Wil NOS PK; Broncos, Denver DEN Def

FLINT TROPICS - JTINSDALE
Bass, Tyler BUF PK; Gostkowski, Stephen FA PK
Franchise Eligible
Cooks, Brandin HOU WR; Fitzgerald, Larry FA WR; Fuller, Will MIA WR; Hooper, Austin CLE TE

BIG PICTURE - NINEK11
Foles, Nick CHI QB; Fulgham, Travis PHI WR; Patrick, Tim DEN WR; Sanders, Jason MIA PK
Franchise Eligible
Henry, Derrick TEN RB; Snell, Benny PIT RB; Beckham, Odell CLE WR; Henry, Hunter NEP TE

THE YICKERS - ANDIO
Franchise Eligible
Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB; Lewis, Dion FA RB; Badgley, Mike LAC PK; Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def

THE BROWNIES ARE REBUILDING (AGAIN) - SPACEJUNG
McKissic, J.D. WAS RB
Franchise Eligible
Thomas, Michael NOS WR

AHH MY GROIN! - DHaddon
Boone, Mike DEN RB; Edwards, Gus BAL RB; Hasty, JaMycal SFO RB
Franchise Eligible
Prescott, Dak DAL QB; Adams, Davante GBP WR; Jackson, DeSean LAR WR; Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

CASEY RYBACK - MAYFLY
Hill, Brian TEN RB; Robinson, James JAC RB; Burton, Trey FA TE; Tonyan, Robert GBP TE; Boswell, Chris PIT PK
Franchise Eligible
Davis, Mike ATL RB; Jones, Aaron GBP RB; Patriots, New England NEP Def

MONROEVILLE MALL RAVAGERS - MACHETEZOMBIE
Ahmed, Salvon MIA RB; Gaskin, Myles MIA RB; Perine, Lamical NYJ RB; Mooney, Darnell CHI WR; Valdes-Scantling, Marquez GBP WR
Franchise Eligible
Carson, Chris SEA RB; Miller, Scott TBB WR; Kittle, George SFO TE; Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def

THE SOULFUL POWER BALLADS - FOREVER_PEACE
Meyers, Jakobi NEP WR; Firkser, Anthony TEN TE
Franchise Eligible
Rivers, Philip FA QB; Drake, Kenyan LVR RB; Bourne, Kendrick NEP WR; Green, A.J. ARI WR; Saints, New Orleans NOS Def

Alucard fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 6, 2021

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
I'm in. Money will be sent this weekend.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
I'm in!

Dhaddon
Jun 9, 2020
Franchise - Davante Adam’s

3 year - Dak Prescott

1 year - Desaun Jackson & Steelers D

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011
Just waiting to hear back from Soulful Power Ballads about a trade offer - results of which might affect my franchise options.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging
Just missing the playoffs into a rebuilding year is gonna suck. Drafting in the 8th position.

Franchise - Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB
Free Agent - Beasley, Cole BUF WR; Dolphins, Miami MIA Def

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Free agent
McFarland, Anthony PIT RB
Moore, David CAR WR

Franchise
Stafford, Matthew LAR QB

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Extend - Gaskin and Mooney
Franchise - Carson

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
FA: Russell Gage, Miles Boykin
Franchise: DeAndre Hopkins

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
THE SOULFUL POWER BALLADS - FOREVER_PEACE
Free Agent Extension:
Meyers, Jakobi NEP WR
Firkser, Anthony TEN TE

Franchise Tag:
Henry, Derrick TEN RB

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Franchise: Travis Kelce
Extend: Dalton Schultz and Younghoe Koo

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011

FA extensions: Tim Patrick, Travis Fulgham
Franchise: Odell Beckham

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
Franchise: Aaron Rodgers.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Free Agent Extension
J.D. McKissic
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Franchise Tag
Michael Thomas

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I got these extensions in via email:

JTinsdale: "I would like to franchise will fuller and extend tyler bass please!"

Mayfly: "I will extend James Robinson and Robert Tonyan and I will franchise Aaron Jones."

I also wanted to let everyone know that life found a way... I'm putting in the contracts now and everything should be ready in time for the rookie draft tomorrow. Check the free agent roster to inform your decisions, since that will show the folks who were dropped from rosters and will be available as free agents in the FA draft after the rookie draft.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Everything is set for the draft tomorrow, but I am awaiting a correction from one team. The draft will start at 12PM EST, make sure to register your picks via the forums and keep things moving!

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Has the draft started?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Sorry I got waylaid by work. The draft has now started! Everyone should have gotten an email, and Machetezombie is on the clock until 3:19 am est

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Sent the first email reply, on some shotty mobile internet vacationing, so just in case posting here too.

Najee Harris RB Pitt

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Sorry question. I thought players with no years on contract were already removed from teams. I accepted a trade of Dak Prescott(Ahh Groin's) for Kenny Golladay(Mine). Prescott has no years left on his contract. I didn't realize Ahh's team hadn't had their players leave for free agency yet. Now I have a player who technically should be released. What do we do?

edit: From the post above, it looks like Dak was actually extended by 3 years.

edit2: Actually, I think it should just be the standard 2 year free agent extension.

edit3: So he was franchise eligible not free agent extension eligible. We are back to the problem that I traded for a player with 0 years left after Free Agency was supposed to be over.

OhSnapGangsta fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 14, 2021

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

OhSnapGangsta posted:

Sorry question. I thought players with no years on contract were already removed from teams. I accepted a trade of Dak Prescott(Ahh Groin's) for Kenny Golladay(Mine). Prescott has no years left on his contract. I didn't realize Ahh's team hadn't had their players leave for free agency yet. Now I have a player who technically should be released. What do we do?

edit: From the post above, it looks like Dak was actually extended by 3 years.

edit2: Actually, I think it should just be the standard 2 year free agent extension.

edit3: So he was franchise eligible not free agent extension eligible. We are back to the problem that I traded for a player with 0 years left after Free Agency was supposed to be over.

I can void the trade - Dhaddon submitted invalid free agent extensions and I reached out to clarify but haven't heard back.

If he wants to franchise Prescott and trade him that's fine but he can't trade then pick extensions.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Reversing the trade is fine with me.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
With the second pick of the 2021 rookie draft Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz select Ja'Marr Chase
WR - CIN

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Only 2 days in and we're almost done with the first round! Currently up to pick 10 with our first timeout

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'll try to update the board on the forum once daily, since we're relying on email this time around.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
MacheteZombie let me know of one weird trick that MyFantasyLeague doesn't want you to know, and I think next year we may try doing both drafts in the MFL platform itself.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Draft completed and rookies added - let me know if anything got missed.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Is the extra COVID IR spots rule still in play this season?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Happy to keep 2-3 extra COVID slots if the rest of the group is amenable.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I'm in favor

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My pick was skipped, may I get the KC Chiefs Def?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Done

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Ah, I forgot to put in my pick. I'll grab the Panther's D.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
You got it hoss. For reference, folks should probably post in here and email me at the same time since I'm constantly online, just not constantly on the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Wideout store is open for business, come see Brownies Are Rebuilding roster.