System Message

The forum store is down for maintenance and should reopen in the afternoon/evening (Central time). Thanks again to all the beta testers!
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

have you seen my baby posted:

I can't decide if the Chiv2 devs using the 1yr Epic exclusive as basically just an extended beta is scummy, genius, or both

I really don't think it's going to be a smart move when it gets instantly review bombed day one on steam by a bunch of people that have actually played it for a year

Blowing your load and ruining your reputation on a highly visible yet lesser platform is not particularly smooth in my mind, but I'm just a s*** poster on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 1, 2008

Cross Platform Steam/EGS is going to be essential for it not to be dead on arrival (since it'll likely draw back a lot of people who want to get in on the game during the temporary population boost that Steam will bring) but I'm sure something will gently caress it up. How long did it take them to fix their party system during this first launch? lol

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

How are people finding the state of servers in Australia/SEA?. Iím really eager to buy Chiv 2 for my XOne X but thereís a lot of complaints on reddit, mainly low pop locally or being placed in NA servers with high ping.

I also have a feeling this is coming to Xbox Game Pass the day the Epic deal runs out.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005

Buglord

Quality hats now available at an armory near you.

Also, you get to see the bizarro UnrealEnigine mosaic-texture bug I get in the main menu.

Roumba fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 29, 2021

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mordhau added a shawm. Gotta play again.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

SplitSoul posted:

Mordhau added a shawm. Gotta play again.

It's so loving loud and annoying, I love it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jabarto posted:

It's so loving loud and annoying, I love it.

Also you can throw it like a javelin.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

psyman posted:

How are people finding the state of servers in Australia/SEA?. Iím really eager to buy Chiv 2 for my XOne X but thereís a lot of complaints on reddit, mainly low pop locally or being placed in NA servers with high ping.

I also have a feeling this is coming to Xbox Game Pass the day the Epic deal runs out.

the matchmaking will just flat out not put you into an Australian server unless you're on at about 5pm or its a weekend

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Anyone played Hellish Quart? If so, any tips for starting? Its a bit overwhelming.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Whoever said that chivalry 2 is in open beta until the steam launch nailed it. Their newest update seems to have really messed with attack animations, everything feels wrong

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It really sucks because the core of the game is some of the most fun poo poo Iíve ever played.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Kilometers Davis posted:

It really sucks because the core of the game is some of the most fun poo poo I’ve ever played.

Yeah I think this is a fair assessment even if I'm harsh on this game.

That being said I do not think I have been unduly harsh, and it may be misleading to reference the game positively frankly at this point.

I do think that if the population remains playable at least in North America it will be worth a pickup on steam perhaps just not at full price even for $40

Babe Magnet
Jun 1, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

Anyone played Hellish Quart? If so, any tips for starting? Its a bit overwhelming.

me and a few of my boys play it every once in a while, it's really good and the new greatsword monk is a ton of fun. I like the recent stamina changes too, the rare match that drags out because someone's playing really good defense but not pressing attacks can be a slog. Can't wait for the new scimitar guy, they've been recording the mocap for him lately.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Chivalry is fun again if anyone was waiting for them to fix it after the Halloween patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I do have fun when i stick to the FFA mode most of the time, especially if its a chatty lobby. Most of the people you see are strangely nice and its a weird 180 from the blue vs red mode