Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I'm gonna bind perspective toggle to my mouse so I can swap in the moment. Both modes are useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

explosivo posted:

It does look like my dudes customizations stuck including the now locked heraldry options I chose but yeah level 1 and all my unlocks are gone.

This is intended.

explosivo posted:

Does anybody else physically lean around in their chair when swinging a heavy weapon in this. I swear to god I'm an inch away from my monitor while I'm winding up a heavy overhead smash

This but for blocking

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

megane posted:

Some of the objectives are rear end, though. The one in Darkforest where one side has to get torches and burn a bunch of piles of wood on a bridge is the loving worst, regardless of which side youíre on. On offense you spawn a mile away from the target and have to spend ages running through the forest just to throw your stupid torch, die, and repeat, while in defense you have to stand around waiting for them to come running past you, and they donít even need to get to the bridge, just within throwing distance.

I kinda like this one because both teams are forced to play the objective. If the Agathians just let runners through it's a nothing speedbump, and if the Masons just try to fight their way in to clear the bridge they'll never stop because of the respawn timers/distance. You get a fuckload of points for doing objective activities, which makes torching stuff a great way to get class progress.

There's also a firepit you can grab torches from on the Agathian side of the bridge. If you can get past unnoticed you can clean up - I got 3 woodpiles in one life.

Perestroika posted:

As much fun as Chiv 2 is, it's still remarkable/mindboggling how the archer's sole role is to make the game worse.

I don't have a lot of time on archer but I found it works well to play close support with the longbow. Find a group of teammates and just follow them around, plinking away from like 10 feet away. You're close, so shots are easy to hit, and your mere presence lights an irrational rage in enemies, making you a distraction your teammates can capitalize on. Uncharged shots hit for like 25 damage, which is almost nothing, but repeated hits add up and are either just free bonus damage for your bros, or the enemy realizes they're being attacked by an opponent they aren't defending against. It also helps to be able to defend yourself with your melee weapon in a pinch.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Roobanguy posted:

im the archer, gotta love me! *throws javelin in the back of a teammates head*

I defend my team's archers because it makes people on both teams mad

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Imagined posted:

It feels like some of the multi-stage maps are too long overall. Like, there's no "I'll just play a quick game of Chivalry 2....". You got to be able to commit at least 20-30 minutes.

You can exit whenever, XP is awarded in real time.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

There's a spot on coxwell on the second to last point that a defender can hide in that doesn't go out of bounds for the final objective. I haven't checked if the Masons can get back to it after their spawn passes it but it's pretty hilarious when they can't find the last one.

Imagined posted:

Oh, so there's no penalty for quitting mid-match?

Nope. It's TF2, not overwatch

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Estel posted:

I unlocked the shovel and it's amazing, i love the bonk. At first it was weird because it has a shorter reach than it seems but once you are used to it's reach it's really good. I went something like 16-0 in a game before i died. Lots of people don't know how to react when you dodge their first attack and hit them in the back of the head with a charged shovel attack.

Shovel might be low-key one of the best weapons in the game. The overhead is devestating, and it's such an odd weapon people have trouble with it. You need good footwork to make use of it but once you've got that down you're golden.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

A round also shouldn't end on certain objectives if the team completing it is actively being increasing it. Like pushing the battering ram on lionspire.

The worst is the trebuchets on lionspire. Fuse lit? gently caress you, the time ran out. Once there's less than a minute on the clock you might as well get up and stretch or whatever.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Buschmaki posted:

Javelins being able to be blocked makes me very sad

fwiw it consumes like 3/4 of your stamina to block a thrown javelin. Follow up with something else quickly and you're sure to break their guard.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

The default controls are not good. Do yourself a favor and rebind some things. The control mapping options are actually really good - you can bind one key to multiple actions and have multiple keys for the same action. I took flourish off middle mouse because I kept doing that instead of thrust/overhead.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

mdct posted:

The Greatsword is bad at 1v1s compared to those other two weapons, yeah.

Where the greatsword shines is 1vX, where it's one of the best weapons in the game. Group fights mean countering someone from a mile away leading you to being invincible for a year as you carve through 3 other people trying to attack you at once; you cover such a huge area that the chances of you not hitting are entirely based on them not being there at all, or them blocking.

This, plus to really excel with it you need really good footwork, moreso than the other weapons mentioned.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

bees everywhere posted:

Do bots impact the score in TDM? It would be a bit of a bummer if they did but it would apply to both teams so no big deal either way. I love seeing a horde of bots coming my way, especially if I have a longbow.
Bots do indeed count for TDM and it sucks because the team balancing is very bad. One team can have more bots than the other and they just end up getting farmed for points. I really wish they'd turn bots off after the server was half full.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So the Duke/Heir can heal just like everyone else? Do banners and medkits and toots all work on him or do only some things work? Can they eat food too. I'm not good enough to have ever been in first place lol

The duke heals like normal but has such a big health bar the healing effects feel very small. I thought selection was random though, is it really whoever's topping the board?

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

School Nickname posted:

Anyone have a good alternative bind for jab? R is patently stupid for it, but my muscle memory is too strong to overcome by switching it to E.

I put jab and throw on mouse forward/back

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Section Z posted:

EDIT: That said, I think something might be genuinely wrong with the greatsword thrust. Even with how wacky the netcode can be, that one gives me a consistent vibe of "but my sword was nowhere near them, how did I stab them to death?" but understandably most of the attention is on the maximum helicopter masters with the biggest sword in the game.

The entire sword is the hitbox for the thrust. You can even hit people with the hilt who you aren't aiming at if they're close enough.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Statutory Ape posted:

DOes chiv2 have a way to self host a dedicated, as I seem to recall chiv having?

No, but it's in the "eventually" list of things on their roadmap

https://trello.com/b/7HnXYjSb/chivalry-2-roadmap-preview

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Internet Explorer posted:

Dumb question, Chiv 2 doesn't have heavy overheads or heavy stabs, does it? Just heavy slashes? I know you've got the special that can sometimes be what seems like a heavy overhead or stab, but yeah.

It does have heavy overheads and stabs. You do it by holding down m1 after initiating the attack.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Ciaphas posted:

last night I was trying to figure out why some of my attacks are so delayed. Does, say, double-clicking m1 do something other than just attack? Like a fake feint or something that's slowing me down? I tend to get button-mashy fast when I'm stressed out, which is basically always

(i'd check myself, but work )

Words pop up next to your reticle when you feint or counter. You're probably feinting, which does increase windup time. Might be a good idea to record some of your own gameplay to analyze how you're playing after the fact. It's super easy to punish button mashers in this game so try to slow down and focus on what your enemies are actually doing.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

TorakFade posted:

Are there any recommended videos/streamers that teach people how not to suck with real-life examples and gameplay clips? I remember learning a lot more from watching videos than from actually bumbling around aimlessly on the battlefield when I played Mordhau.

This is a good primer for the game's mechanics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8xyV7VUv8Q

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

The real trick to topping the scoreboards is to do the objectives. Building a ladder is worth 5 assists and there are 2-6 ladders on most objective maps. And the best part is people still haven't figured out how to build them! (realtalk this is a major fault of the game, the opacity of objectives)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Roumba posted:

How do banners work? Sometimes they heal and sometimes they just don't. What gives?

Apparently if you die they stop working but don't fall apart. So don't die after placing one or you won't get many points