Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
In Chiv 2 on PC, how the hell do I throw bandages at other people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
At one point I managed to pick up a fish from a barrel and do some damage slapping people with it. Game of the year.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Isn't it cross-play with all the consoles though, too? I would've figured that would ensure a healthy population forever.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
It feels like some of the multi-stage maps are too long overall. Like, there's no "I'll just play a quick game of Chivalry 2....". You got to be able to commit at least 20-30 minutes.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Clanpot Shake posted:

You can exit whenever, XP is awarded in real time.

Oh, so there's no penalty for quitting mid-match?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

School Nickname posted:

I think the general strats for Duke/Heir are to be vigilant and move to wherever you have a cover/screen of friendlies as Duke, whereas you just huddle in a corner as Heir. First time as Duke was relatively straightforward, but I had people screaming at me and calling me all sorts of poo poo for not immediately rushing to a corner as Heir. Didn't help that a guy was constantly TK-ing me...

Anyone have a good alternative bind for jab? R is patently stupid for it, but my muscle memory is too strong to overcome by switching it to E.

I personally haven't seen any gameplay disadvantage to always having chat hidden in this game, and I never enable voicechat with randos in any game. People can scream at me all they want, I won't hear or see it. :shrug:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

megane posted:

I dunno if it’s my weird keybinds but I pretty much always “commend” everyone who kills me by accident; as in, I die and it instantly says “you commended X” even if I didn’t want to.

I think the default commend key is 'F'.

I just got the joke. Press F to pay respect.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Anyone else get constant CTDs whenever you're playing around in the Customization menu? I feel like I can change about three cosmetics before it crashes.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Ever since I discovered you could pick up chickens I've been trying in vain to get a kill with one. I did get to slap a guy around with a fish I found in a barrel though. :coolfish:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Counter point: I bought two copies day one so my son and I could play together, and only rarely have we managed to do that successfully.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

quote:

Bandage kits no longer deal damage to teammates. Friendly archers are better at this already!

Aww

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Statutory Ape posted:

Did they make it better or worse

New thread title

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
As if I didn't regret buying this game already:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1434576394340737027

Wonder if there's any chance of Epic giving refunds at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Chivalry 2 has definitely had a combination of bad luck (e.g. their publisher's CEO revealing himself as a regressive toad and getting cancelled after drawing bad press) and own goals (balance issues, bugs, server problems, Epic exclusivity, etc).