Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

beer gas canister posted:

I really don't get the 2 handed spear with footman. The other weapons, I can kind of handle, but I'm utterly baffled by that spear.

Just poke people and maintain range. If fighting multiple people force them all back by continuing to poke and alternating targets. When someone closes in on you your priority needs to be getting them away. If you have the time switch to your secondary because the spear isn't too great once they have range on you. Heavy attacks gently caress people up hard and really messes with their timing on blocking and counters.

It's probably my strongest weapon following that general line of thought and it's really good in 1v1s and as long as you can keep people in front of you you can fight essentially infinite people, but it's strongest when supporting a teammate from behind. Every time they lose out in the combat chain and are about to get hit, you're there to poke the dude in the toe or head to interrupt his attack. Just don't feed ripostes to them like a moron, be ready to jab them whenever they aren't blocking or can't block you.

Unlike most other weapons the biggest thing you have to be good at to gently caress up a spear user is your footwork, which most people are loving awful at, even if they're sweaty and really good at loving everything up in the rock-paper-scissors system. Blocking a spear doesn't get you closer, you can't really counter it effectively, you can't really pull off special attacks to drain the spear user's stamina (as long as they are trying to maintain distance instead of closing.) You just have to force a miss and then punish the miss with a free hit while stepping in on them.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

If you're good at countering use the knife and just Q everyone in the head. Its special attack from behind will instakill anyone except a full health knight, and then they just need a tap for followup.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Bots are okay except for TDM. I laugh whenever one just goes loving ham and starts chopping heads instead of doing their weird little shuffle that is the normal typical bot behavior.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

The jab will interrupt an attack if someone is comboing and doing that and immediately attacking will give you the initiative advantage if you start your swing right after it lands. It can be blocked, but jabbing doesn't seem to have much of a recovery at all so some people will see your jab plink off of them, will immediately swing in response, and still be down on initiative to allow you to get a hit in.

Best case scenario you'll interrupt and gain initiative, second best they block and swing thinking they have initiative and then you swing on them right out of the jab and get a hit, third best is neutral in which they block but don't get lured into a swing.

Ideally you use it to break a combo mid-swing. The really bad thing with it is that since it doesn't have a wide arc or range you may whiff, thus not interrupting the combo, and just get smacked in the face for it.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I've won as the VIP escaping the prison. I really feel like I wasn't under real threat because I could just juke through my team and pop out another side. It was basically like playing football.