Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Can someone help me with the whole jab concept? The tutorial tells you that it's a good way to recover from being hit as it'll disrupt the attacker's swing/combo, but I feel like the jab either comes out slower than the actual attack, it has wonky hit detection or it hits and seemingly does nothing. I thought I got the thing down but then I end up landing it and it provides me with no openings whatsoever. Or I try it and the jab is as slow as my attacks.

Also unlocked the Glaive and I've never been do disappointed in a weapon. It's so slow, has the aforementioned slow-rear end jabs and does dick for damage. On the other hand, the two-handed spear is pretty amazing once you get used to its moveset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'll give it another go. I've only really used it in free-for-all and I did not enjoy my time with it there but maybe in a team setting it'll be a lot more fun. Just didn't expect a polearm with a massive freaking blade at the end to give a crummy first impression.

Another gripe in my sea of loving this game is that they need to change how health packs work. Doing damage is funny at first but when you start killing teammates with it then it becomes less fun and more bad. The only reliable way to heal people is to throw the packs at them and it shouldn't damage them.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Looking forward to those Fairground No Archers 24/7 servers.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I picked up some Javelins from a person I killed and unlike the bow they're super fun to use. Didn't feel the need to take a shower after using them neither!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

beer gas canister posted:

Archers are cool because they change the tactical landscape of the fight and force each side out of blobs. Also defenders would be even more hosed without them

This sounds an awful lot like what an archer main would say...

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I only do archer in FFA so when I fail I only fail myself. It's also maximum rear end in a top hat territory because you don't get partial credit. Plink-plonk those low-health enemies from afar and get those sweet points!

Then get interrupted by bots before a player annihilates you with a charging attack.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I will say that if a crossbow user manages to get the top slot then I salute those people because holy moly is everything about about the crossbow bad. ADS is slow as sin, there's this awkward delay between pressing the button and shooting and your ADS speed is super duper slow. If you manage to score a ton of kills on that then you probably earned it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wonder if one of the dev's ancestors invented the Messer. Two games now where that sword was broke-rear end powerful.

Makes u think

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope they add in an option to change the controls per weapon. The javelins and one-handed weapons are really fun to use but I wish the left click was the thrust instead of the sweep.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The Dane axe is super fun to use and to throw. Want a rail gun? Throw your dane axe. It's probably my favorite weapon.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I heard the patch made the lag really awful. Anyone play since the patch dropped?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I've said it elsewhere but the game's gonna be pretty awesome once it's out of the Epic beta and comes out on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

well after about 3 years, they finally got around to it

This picture makes me laugh so hard.

New character customization... FEMALE!