Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Roobanguy posted:

only cowards play third person

confirmed

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

game is dope

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I was loving destroying people last night 4 on 1

im enjoying it while it lasts and all thats left are veterans who are also v good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol ya thats me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

what even knocked me down in that? I couldn't tell

e:

looks like someone threw two handed sword and headshotted me lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I killed someone by throwing roses at them

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

finally hit 7 on each class so I can use each subclass

Archer took a long time before I just started using the short sword on archer and wrecking people like normal

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TorakFade posted:

Got my first commendation today I got in a 1vs3 and killed 2 whirling like a tornado and swinging my halberd like a madman. Not sure how much of what I did was deliberate, but hey I will take it

Chiv2 seems to be much easier to get into and do well than mordhau for some reason. I guess the held parry helps and the ability to not abuse it due to coming from there does help too, plus it is much more fun for some reason. Team objective or whatever it's called seems to work much better, unsurprisingly. Having TONS of fun trying the various weapons, they are different but not so much to have a huge learning curve and you can be effective from the start

grats!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Archer is actually incredible as a melee only class because people massively underestimate you and then you can loving destroy them if you are halfway good at counters and jabs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Pool posted:

and they get the short sword who can beat people to the punch with its super fast stab even if you don't have initiative lol . If someone has a 2h blunt or a halberd and you can get in close they're basically hosed.

short sword is maybe the best weapon in the game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

my favorite combo: Vanguard or whatever subclass that you get backstab damage with carrying Short Sword & Dagger

strong af

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

im on vacation this week but we should do some chiv nights at some point

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

don't use server browser

also first person is superior and i don't think you are at that big of a disadvantage, if any

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

stab messer users with short sword

its a u win button

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

imo don't even think about whether they can currently damage you, just wait until the instant before they hit to block

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

the third subclass uses javelins instead of a bow, right? throwing weapons're cool, i'll die on that hill, but to have to play archer t o get it...

just run around with a short sword and backstab people, itll def fet you points faster and youll be more useful

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

it has tons of full servers

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mordhau chambers were like training im a hyperbolic time chamber because counters are so easy in chiv 2

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

also if you are in a 1v2 or 3, the best thing to do is block someone and then go for a stab on one of the others almost always

for some reason the extras in a fight almost never are prepared to be attacked, esp if you start the stab pointed at the person you blocked and then whip to one of the extras

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jarmak posted:

How do you stand up after you fill the meter? My screen keeps saying "press left gamepad face to stand up" but I have no gamepad.

that's a bug if you rebind warcry, did you do that? press whatever your warcry button is

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Victory Position posted:

Please patch the game with improved debugged party-making so that I can play this game properly

https://trello.com/c/tkhOEZir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Exodee posted:

Welp, thank you thread. The heavy mace is my new favorite weapon now that I know it can cleave

https://i.imgur.com/VVTreTy.mp4

good poo poo