Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

I ran out of arrows....picked up a giant ballista arrow and threw it through a knights skull and then I was set on fire and had my arm hacked off.

A+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

I love dying in this game. For me that is a new experience in all my time playing games.

Each time I die I am laughing or giving compliments to whoever killed me.

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

kind of don't like the progression to be honest. I mostly don't like how it's not even for each of the classes, like they clearly want to you play Knight the most since not only does the knight get a little of everything (good primaries, throwing weapons, shields, the last Knight class is basically Fat Vanguard with firepot and everything) but the highest level unlockables, by a large, large margin (like 30-something Vanguard I think compared to 80 Knight) are for the Mason Knight. And that's XP you ONLY get by playing Knight, it's not tied to global.

I really hope more classes and unlocks come later down the pipe. I am getting really good at playing longbow but I never use anything but the bow.

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

I find myself playing close support skirmisher a lot. Stay close to a group of team mates, javelin the piss out of anyone who is not a team member, use that bear trap at choke points, and short sword when you are cornered.

It is extremely fun and intense. I even get the random message now and them from team mates saying thanks.

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

mdct posted:

Also I'm not ashamed to admit that I've died to bots fearlessly attacking while I'm attacking more often than I'd like to admit. The way that the timing works out is that they can kind of sneak hits on you when you're fighting an actual player.

Bots will occasionally wreck my poo poo. It's like taskmanager frees up a bunch of ram all of a sudden and they get really aggressive for 30 seconds.

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

mdct posted:

The Greatsword is bad at 1v1s compared to those other two weapons, yeah.

Where the greatsword shines is 1vX, where it's one of the best weapons in the game. Group fights mean countering someone from a mile away leading you to being invincible for a year as you carve through 3 other people trying to attack you at once; you cover such a huge area that the chances of you not hitting are entirely based on them not being there at all, or them blocking.

Throwing the greatsword right into an opponents mouth is very satisfying. Other than that....yeah I agree.

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

I discovered a bug to guarantee a win on a certain map in Chivalry II Is there a way to report it in game or do I need to send an email?

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I think you can do that through their website but you probably have to register there

https://support.chivalry2.com/

Worked perfectly, thank you!

Hopefully they can do a hot fix on it before anyone else discovers it.

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

I just got three kills at once with the shovel and then threw it at a bunch of suspended rocks and killed three more...one of those three was me.

No regrets.

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

Ravenfood posted:

Thanks, that was helpful! I'll keep it all in mind.

On the other hand I just played some rounds as Raider and unlocked the Messer. Dear god, this thing is getting nerfed, right? Because I went from being mid-tier to getting in the top three pretty consistently once I started using it, and feel like I see most people using them too. I just need to get better at throwing my Dane Axe (is another weapon better for throwing btw?) and I think I'll be a danger at all ranges.

The messer is like having a button you press to give you anywhere from 1 to 3 kills each time you hit it.

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Playing some Chiv 2. It's fun. If you play as an archer you're a loving degenerate

I only did it to unlock Skirmisher!

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

Perestroika posted:

Basically there seem to be three damage types:

Cut: Does the same damage against every target. Pretty much all swords and knives.
Chop: Has a medium damage bonus against the heavier classes: +25% against Knights, +17.5% against Footmen. These are mostly axes
Blunt: Has a major damage bonus against the heavier classes: +50% against Knights, +35% against Footmen. These are your maces, hammers, and clubs.

As a rule of thumb, cut weapons tend to have the high base damage, but without the bonus they still take a while to kill knights. Blunt weapons tend to have somewhat lower base damage, making them less deadly against archers or vanguards, but the damage bonus means they kill footmen and knights faster than usual. Finally, chop weapons tend to be somewhere inbetween, often having very solid damage potential across the board, in exchange for being a bit slower or shorter.

You forgot the last type of damage....

Shovel: Not sure the stats, just generally fucks up everyone and everything. Weapon of the Gods.

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

Ben Quebec posted:

What I like about this game is not having to force something to click. I like knight and footman. I'm OKAY at Vanguard and terrible with arching. There are sub-classes I don't care about. The last subclass for knight is whatever compared to Officer and Guardian. For footman the first two sub classes are pretty sweet, and I haven't gotten the third unlocked.

Get the third class unlocked. The shovel is an amazing weapon.

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

I had a few bad rounds this morning ngl.

I switched to engineer and it all changed.

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

dog nougat posted:

drat, pickaxe and bear trap is such stupid fun to play with

I unlocked pickaxe but never used it. Any tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerith Gainthborough
Jan 9, 2009

I have a confession to make. When all the archers on my team refuse to get on the objective and are going to cost us the round I tend to set them all on fire.