Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Clanpot Shake posted:

This is a good primer for the game's mechanics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8xyV7VUv8Q

This was super helpful. The tutorial didn't really explain the mechanics very well. Playing on console and loving it. I'm sure I'm at a disadvantage to kb+m, but still having a blast screaming and dying while occasionally getting a kill in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

bees everywhere posted:

I'm also on console and yeah, some of the controls are a bit of a pain. Countering an overhead for example, it's so awkward to press L1+L2 together unless you hold the controller like a weirdo. But aside from that, there don't seem to be many disadvantages, it's been great so far on Xbox.

Yeah it's a bit clumsy, but it seems like there's a generous enough window to swap back and forth. It's a shame you can't rebind a single thing (on ps4). Thankfully I have the back button attachment to deal with the clumsy-rear end L3 and R3 alt/crouch controls.

Still have some weird muscle memory from the first game where I still catch myself trying to use block to feint an attack. The combat in this is definitely an improvement all around though. Really been digging running around as a knight with the warhammer and the short sword. Almost have the mace unlocked, so interested to try it out as secondary with a blade primary.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

drat, pickaxe and bear trap is such stupid fun to play with

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

have you seen my baby posted:

the best projectile weapon is the dane axe

:hmmyes:

Spam laugh immediately afterwards.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Please elaborate.

Just looked it up. Apparently it's on the second gold phase of coxswell or whatever. A bench on the righthand side if your on the Mason team.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

https://twitter.com/Cocklepuss/status/1409606095224647690?s=19

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Aaaahahaghggghhggghhaaaaggaaahh!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Anecdotally I've seen the same. I find it hard to believe that the game is dead already. I assume there's some matchmaking/server issues at play. I'm on console, so there's no server browser at all though. On the plus side, the bot heavy games might get me up to the 50 kills in a match trophy cuz I suck against regular players

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

beer gas canister posted:

It'd be fun to play Chiv 2 a MOBA style map with bots as the creeps

Bot-heavy servers can be fun because it sort of turns into mini Dynasty Warriors. Mowing down a ton of fodder before running into a tough enemy. You end up managing the enemy dipshit bots while working against another player.

Yeah, almost made to 50 kills today for the achievement/trophy in bot heavy server. Made it to 48 on dark forest. I'm sure I'll get it eventually. Need to get better at my counters so I don't run out of stamina immediately.

Edit: the server by the end had filled up with mostly normal people who kept spamming the 1 handed spear and owned the poo poo out of me.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 1, 2021

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Bots have some sort of bullshit "find me even though I'm hiding in a tree and bushes on dark forest as a Mason in the darkest armor possible"mechanic happening. I had been trying to hide until the next spawn wave passed and go ham on the barricades, but the rat fink ai totally foiled my plan, forcing me out of cover right as like 8 Agathaians came and wrecked my poo poo. I at least managed to destroy the topper portion of the barricade before succumbing to the mob.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Can't seem to find much online about this, but I've been playing on ps4, just got a ps5 and am wondering if there's cross-platform progression. Like I don't mind having to unlock every single thing again, but I'd sure as hell rather not.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Nordick posted:

Wrong map. Falmire is the one where Agatha is trying to spring their VIP out of prison. There is no throne room, just the courtyard where the cage is.

Have managed a win once on the Agatha team on this map, usually the vip just tries to rush ahead or falls off the cliff into the water.

Edit: it is a great map to play engineer on defense though and set up the little road block thingies

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Well I did it. Got 50 kills in a match. Granted it was on a server that was just me and bots essentially. Basically just ran around spamming heavy slash with the dane axe. Have gotten so drat close several times, like 48-49 kills and then the timer runs out or the other team ekes out a win at the last moment. I'll take it. Now just gotta grind out bread kills

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

drat, been loving around with the 2-handed spear on footman class. It's special charge attack is sweet af.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

All about the falchion and mace combo running around with a shield these days. People severely underestime the speed and reach of the mace. :black101:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Malric is a doob

:hmmyes:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Well, I finally did it. I finally got the bakers dozen achievement/trophy. Unfortunately trophies don't carry over between ps4/5, gonna have to grind everything else out again unfortunately :negative:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

https://chivalry2.com/2021/08/10/update-house-galencourt/

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

VulgarandStupid posted:

https://imgur.com/a/4x6GU5E.png

Stats are here but some of them are buggy.

Yeah, mine showed 0 for everything when I first went to look yesterday and only updated what I had actually used in my playtime. Haven't looked to see if it unfucked itself since.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Not sure if it's on every map, but I came across a bug earlier on the courtyard map where it wouldn't render or register a player's hitbox. Was messing around in offline FFA and there were 2 bots with. O hitboxes battling one another. Encountered it last night as well in regular online play against an archer who was impervious to my attacks. Not sure if it's a known bug or what, should probably look into it a bit more. Frustrating as hell though since you can still be attacked by an unhittable character

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Lol. Playing as archer in FFA is so fun. Once you start doing well people make a beeline for you as soon as they start getting pelted with arrows

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Yeah it's pretty amazing. My new favorite thing is to pick up the harp or flute (where applicable) and run around playing music in the middle of a battle

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Evil queen voice is the best voice

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Yeah, the bar maid or whatever voice pales in comparison. Mason MAA was my go to voice. So many fond memories of chiv 1 throwing oil pots and spamming laugh/help as I ran around wildly.

Taken to spamming the evil queen chastise and laugh while still running around wildly.

The vanguard voice is really the only fun one for Agatha unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

Agreed. Playing on console there's still an issue where instead of my selected emote it does the drat battlecry. I need to spam laugh after killing someone shamefully, not scream and shout about the order, or the agathians.