Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

the one handed spear is absurdly overpowered and has basically no animations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

the longsword alt stab animation is comically close to the block animation

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

A lot of the Chiv2 weapons are strong for kind of cheesy reasons

...the shovel is just legitimately strong

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Yeah the general skill level of the playerbase has definitely been increasing

Morph-matching is a thing in this game so start practicing your counter feints everyone!!

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

the best projectile weapon is the dane axe

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

If I'm duke or heir I just sit on the throne and demand that my team defend me

Bend the knee!
Bend the knee!
Prostrate thyself!
I don't see you trembling yet!
Bend the knee!

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

patch notes are out https://chivalry2.com/2021/06/28/upcoming-chivalry-2-update-patch-2-0-1/

1vX from parries and counters are getting a huge buff, one handed spear is being outright disabled for being broken lol

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

The bots in Chiv2 are so weird. They're never that difficult to kill, but they do such random stuff that even as you get better at the game those soulless monsters never actually seem to get any easier

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Glaive stab does a lot of damage

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Captain Beans posted:

a month of having your party system totally hosed is really pretty lovely. I assume since that problem is limited to PC the Epic store friends system being poo poo is involved but still cmon

especially considering they knew it was broken even before launch in the beta

the conspiracy theory is that they did it intentionally to stop groups of experienced genre players from pubstomping the game to death on release

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

also apparently you can jump over oil pots and not get burned

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

counter combos are the new hotness

after you land a hit you can immediately block, which means you can immediately counter. this resets your animation and is much faster than a regular combo. here's the dane axe overhead demonstrated on the ground

https://i.imgur.com/dr54r9P.mp4

have you seen my baby fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

I can't decide if the Chiv2 devs using the 1yr Epic exclusive as basically just an extended beta is scummy, genius, or both