Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
In Chiv 2, dodge spammers with War Clubs are the most infuriating poo poo to fight outside of shortsword instacombo spammers. There's almost nothing you can do since their dodge is so large and their overheads are more like diagonal attacks so you can't sidestep. Successive dodge spam needs a stamina penalty or something. The heavy mace's combos are deceptively fast. I'm getting wrecked when anyone decent applies pressure with it.

I also wish I could find a better button for jab.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

The racism's there, but nowhere near as bad as Mordhau. I saw some guy completely lose their poo poo about losing to someone's black character over and over (he was dunking on everyone with an obnoxious duel strat) and while he wasn't spamming the n-word it was pretty bad. There also seems to be a kick limit so you can't votekick a guy repeatedly for poo poo like that.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

TorakFade posted:

Chiv2 seems to be much easier to get into and do well than mordhau for some reason. I guess the held parry helps and the ability to not abuse it due to coming from there does help too, plus it is much more fun for some reason. Team objective or whatever it's called seems to work much better, unsurprisingly. Having TONS of fun trying the various weapons, they are different but not so much to have a huge learning curve and you can be effective from the start :black101:

Held block, jab and every class getting dodge is such a gamechanger in how it shuts down the Mordhau sweats from doing what they did to ruin the new player experience in Mordhau. The gimmick of Mordhau for most of the tryhards was to always force a panic/early parry with either feints, drags, throwing your mouse around while using a particular taunt animation to look like a feint, etc, then once you got the hit in you'd usually follow up with a 1 frame acceled combo that virtually no one could block (A lot of the hyperaccel weapons were two-shotters by the way). All while using bloodlust. But the tools Chivalry 2 gives you allows you to interrupt the flow of a good player so he doesn't completely dominate you. You'll still probably die to the sweat, but it's not going to be a complete stomp. You can always hold block and either wait for backup or bait kicks and counterattack.

Last night I caught a glimpse of a pro-Mordhau player streaming Chivalry 2 and you could tell he was a bit like a fish out of water without his drags and hyperaccels. He was trying all the tricks of his trade and some worked of course, but he wasn't really grasping that kicks and morphs/chiv feints are way more prevalent in chiv 2 and also that footwork is way more important now. Maybe all the sweats are just fishing for a particular mechanic to abuse, I don't know. Spotted some guys tonight mewling in chat about getting teamed up on and how it's Chiv is so casual compared to Mordhau. Translation: ":qq: Why can't 1vs5 some noobs with a bullshit mechanic? :qq:"

Chivalry 2 is fun. The Raider is ludicrously OP with how you can throw your dane axe and whip out a messer right after.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 13, 2021

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

So yeah, the Imposter voice lines. I thought Dark Prince was a bit overdone, but holy poo poo.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 16, 2021

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

I think the general strats for Duke/Heir are to be vigilant and move to wherever you have a cover/screen of friendlies as Duke, whereas you just huddle in a corner as Heir. First time as Duke was relatively straightforward, but I had people screaming at me and calling me all sorts of poo poo for not immediately rushing to a corner as Heir. Didn't help that a guy was constantly TK-ing me...

Anyone have a good alternative bind for jab? R is patently stupid for it, but my muscle memory is too strong to overcome by switching it to E.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jun 18, 2021

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Has anyone else tried to main the Two-Handed Hammer as Vanguard while still holding onto their Dane Axe cannon? Practicing with it at the moment, but I feel that in good hands it will poo poo all over Knights.

Yeah comboed slashs after a hit are almost immediate with it, lol.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 3, 2021

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Cut/Chop weapon slashes having almost 360 degree hits is infuriating when you're using a blunt weapon and directly behind the slash spammer. It seems blunt weapons are just relegated to flanking weapons vs Knights.

Game also needs more aggressive autobalance loving badly.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 4, 2021

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Is there literally no counter window against one-handed weapons? Duelyards are loving full of these jumping insta riposting sweatlords. I feel like a goomba. Their feints are straight up faster than my ripostes/counters.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Jabs are so inconsistent, they don't work half the time for me, but I'm trying. The 1H sword is incredibly oppressive in duelyards though. I'm a Chiv1 and Mordhau veteran, but the Chiv2 1H sword is the only weapon to give me a real sense of despair when I'm up against it. It's that bad.

I've discovered something neat though through a helpful soul at a duelyard (who wasn't a 1h sword abuser). You can feint an attack into it's alt equivalent! The result is you can feint a messer overhead into it's alt overhead to bait out out an early counter, because the animations are almost identical. It just looks like an overhead that's taking way too long.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 17, 2021

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

I've been in duel servers the past few nights and while you learn somewhat faster, it's completely demoralising when 70%+ of the server is made up of sweatlords who don't bother to help new players. I met my first ballerina spinner on Monday and I visibly wretched and got Mordhau flashbacks. I was struggling to read their weird rear end feints until the one helpful dude (after some coaxing) made me realise that attacks can be feinted into their alt versions. Blew my loving mind that most of what these guys were doing was dragging a ALT OH -> heavy OH feint. Finally managed to get a hit or two in vs the super sweats as a result, but then they went super tryhard and annihilated my rear end. I will try the controller next time as I really don't like the binds as they are currently.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Third person is completely broken. Your situational awareness skyrockets and it's much easier to drag/accel even when your enemy would be almost of completely out of your field of vision in first person.