Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Perestroika posted:

Also, I'll never ever get tired of suddenly eating poo poo from ballistas and catapults :allears:

It's even better with some lucky comedic timing with a warcry or something.

"Dodge this you bastaaAAA*THWACK*"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I am very bad and have no idea what I'm doing

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Play posted:

cheers friend

Update: After a few hours I got slightly less bad and started having the occasional fleeting glimpse of insight into what I was doing. I even managed to hover above 1.0 kdr in a couple matches. (Not that I'm some sweaty tryhard who cares about KDR itself, it's just a handy metric for how successfully I'm smashing faces.)

My main problem is still the same as it's always been: Doesn't matter how well I know how to do counter strikes and whatever, because the instant I get within 10 feet of an enemy, it all flies out the window as my lizard brain takes over and I devolve into a button mashing moron. Knowing the system is one thing, getting my brain to apply it in action is another thing entirely.

Also I do miss the free customisation from Mordhau, I'm not crazy about this class based thing. But it's not a huge deal.

All that said, game good. I hope we get more female voices at some point. Mason's screaming Irish lunatic lady is v. good though.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Really helpful of the matchmaker in a TDM battle to shore up the weaker team with a herd of bots, so that the stronger team can slaughter them by the dozens and win even faster

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Yeah I prefer 40 players, 64 is just a neverending cycle of taking a couple swings and getting ganked from behind or just generally getting mobbed.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I will never ever stop smacking people right in their stupid wounded faces with the bandage kit. I haven't killed anyone with one yet, but if one day I do, I'll just call it as them being too wounded to be saved and move on.

I do however have a handful of teamkills from overzealous sprint attack usage. I have zero regrets. War is hell.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Ciaphas posted:

the third subclass uses javelins instead of a bow, right? throwing weapons're cool, i'll die on that hill, but to have to play archer t o get it... :negative:

You have to play archer, yes.

That does not mean you have to use a bow.

:black101:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I had a good day of Chiv today. No utterly miserable matches, and even a bunch where I actually did legit well. Got really in the groove with the Dane Axe. I still can't say I actually know what I'm doing, but I'm getting something in my spinal cord.

Also, triple kills feel real drat good.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Idk, looks to me like it could very plausibly have whiffed right by his right side. He's extending his right arm at the same time, so his torso's probably turned sideways.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I've been taking tons of clips with GeForce Experience, thinking I might make another stupid montage video at some point, but ugghh :effort:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Statutory Ape posted:

Mind you im pretty sure I even saw/adjusted the option for how long the screen grab lasts. Where tf do I set the keybind to actually use the capture feature? Did they call it something weird in the alt z nvidia menu??

Settings (cog icon to the right in the main Alt-Z screen) -> Keyboard shortcuts -> Recording -> "Save the last X minutes recorded". I think it's Alt-F10 by default.

Also make sure the instant replay feature is actually running. I sometimes forget and then wonder why the gently caress the shortcut isn't doing anything.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jun 24, 2021

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

dog nougat posted:

Spam laugh immediately afterwards.
I mean this applies to any kill you make

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Clanpot Shake posted:

The real trick to topping the scoreboards is to do the objectives. Building a ladder is worth 5 assists and there are 2-6 ladders on most objective maps. And the best part is people still haven't figured out how to build them! (realtalk this is a major fault of the game, the opacity of objectives)

Only just the other day I found there are some ladder pieces to pick up during one of the "Capture the bridge" objectives, but have no idea where the hell they're supposed to go. I don't think they're ever mentioned in any way in the game.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So what's the handiest tool for easily clipping all these .mp4s to size? I have all these 30 second instant replay clips, and I was considering breaking out the proper video editor to make some kind of montage video, but surely there's something more convenient if I wanna just snip the relevant 10 second part out and stick it in imgur.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

SpacePope posted:

It's made for Discord, but I use that : https://8mb.video/

Statutory Ape posted:

The record button on vlc

These are both good, thanks.

Now to figure out what the hell is up with imgur uploading my ~6MB clip without audio.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Statutory Ape posted:

Did you check it to upload with audio? Iirc by default it does it with just the video track

Hrm, no I did not. Apparently this option only exists when using the New Post button on the top left. I normally upload my stuff by going to my gallery page and just dragging and dropping things there. Another mystery solved.

https://i.imgur.com/MYo8WvD.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/gUlTjj8.mp4

Just a couple general :black101: moments to test things out.
And I only just now realised that the last guy in the second clip wasn't even my kill, he got nailed by an arrow a split second before I took his head off.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Jimbot posted:

The Dane axe is super fun to use and to throw. Want a rail gun? Throw your dane axe. It's probably my favorite weapon.

Greetings, fellow Dane Axe appreciator. :hfive:

https://i.imgur.com/GSkbPcl.mp4

:gibs: :black101: :gonk:

(Obviously, for every instance like this, there's twenty times when I just get clobbered instantly)

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Ravenfood posted:

You didn't throw it once! Shame, that's my favorite use of the Dane Axe.

Yeah tbh I should probably just carry two of them instead of having a hammer or someshit in the second slot. Wanna have my Dane Axe and yeet it too.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

bees everywhere posted:

:lol: this is both effective and hilarious, people don't expect it so it's very easy to aim when they're charging straight at you, if they're already injured then you have a good chance of killing them outright.

Case in point:

https://i.imgur.com/vk49845.mp4

The guy actually piped up in chat like "What the gently caress was that"

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
For a "disabled weapon" there sure are a lot of knights running around with shield and spear

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

VulgarandStupid posted:

It’s not disabled if the patch hasn’t hit yet.

I am in fact a dumbass and completely forgot the patch is still upcoming.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Internet Explorer posted:

Are they taking away my ability to TK people with medic packs?!

Sadly, yes :(

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Man, the glaive is a lot of fun to go completely apeshit with, but I feel like I can't actually get anything done with it. Death by a thousand cuts, except I can only get 500 cuts in before I get doinked.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

have you seen my baby posted:

Glaive stab does a lot of damage

Fair, but if I want a long quick stabby weapon I'll just use a spear.

Unrelated, has anyone ever seen Agatha actually win Escape from Falmire? Every single time I've played that map, Agatha has gotten to the last phase at most.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 2, 2021

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

beer gas canister posted:

As Agatha on Falmire I like to hang around the enemy spawns on the 2nd level, where they enter the throne room, and harass attackers as they run by, since they tend to have tunnel vision and will have to eat a couple of hits. Even better if they peel off to engage me since they're staying away from the Duke. The narrow walkways that overlook the room are a good spot for 1vX fights.

Wrong map. Falmire is the one where Agatha is trying to spring their VIP out of prison. There is no throne room, just the courtyard where the cage is.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah it's rough but doable. Any setback or slowdown means you're likely going to fail.

I mean I'm not complaining, I always play Mason if at all possible. :v: I haven't actually played Falmire on the Agathian side once.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

have you seen my baby posted:

also apparently you can jump over oil pots and not get burned

Alternatively, just run right through and start swinging while on fire for extra :black101: points

Unrelated, reminder that the ballistas in Coxwell do turn that far

https://i.imgur.com/4J0iCpK.mp4

(sound on)

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
"Well, I tried."

Section Z posted:

This probably will only have an real effect on "Double Dane Axe" players. But I just realized, there seems to be some quirks with Vanguard's weapon cosmetics because they are the only ones who can double up on the same weapon.

Oh hell, somehow I never noticed this until now, but you're right. You can actually see it in this clip:

https://i.imgur.com/OIxhR8Q.mp4
Not a huge deal imo, I don't find the cosmetics in this game that exciting anyways.

And speaking of clips, here's a dump of some random poo poo I've been capturing. Now with assorted metal music or stream chatter included. (I'll not embed them so as to not bloat the thread with too many thumbnails)

The bots in this game are really, really bad.
I have no idea what this was about but it was funny as poo poo at the time.
Dealing With Archers dot mp4
Short sword is real loving good
I saw this going differently in my head
NEVER STOP SWINGING :black101:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

bees everywhere posted:

Looks like one of my teammates found a short-cut:
https://i.imgur.com/DNq4KGL.mp4

Hard to tell but it looks like he actually survived

Looks to me he survived for about half a second, before the stone caught up.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

quote:

- Radius of catapult damage decreased
- Death impulse from catapult now makes players fly away from the impact instead of straight up into the air

Utterly ruined game, 2/10

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Dunno if anyone cares at this point, but Mordhau just got a new update:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/629760/view/5839477957800137080

Of note, they finally managed to add dark skinned people in the game.

quote:

Eastern Invasion is here! The main attraction is Noria, a new large Invasion/Frontline map. On the customization side, we have the new Nubian character complete with his own hairstyles and beards, a large amount of Eastern-themed cosmetics, and an all-new Eastern voice set, as well as a new weapon, the Scimitar.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Sadly, the one thing Chiv 2 is way worse than Mordhau in, is the visual character customisation. I really miss the sword barbie aspect of Mordhau.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Holy poo poo lol. I have noticed a couple times that I somehow got stabilized after getting dismembered, but in all the chaos I never quite figured out how it happened. And I always ended up immediately eating poo poo from something else, anyways.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The server browser is completely busted, though.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
No one cares, bust some heads and keep screaming

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Love me a good FEMALE customisation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I used to main Pirate in Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior, and my ace in the hole was being a complete klutz with the flintlock pistol and then going fully apeshit on some poor fucker with a cutlass when they came in for an "easy kill", it was great

Man, I really miss Deadliest Warrior