Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Any word on if theres gonna be a preload for chiv 2?

I'm going to shovel so many people next week. Maybe even some of them will be caught in my bear trap first :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

lol the preload on pc for chiv 2 is only half an hour before the game goes live. Consoles can preload today

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

boz posted:

Which class/subclass gets the shovel? Having trouble on google finding it.

Yeah its the third class for the footman. The shovel goes BONK when you smack someone with it. I don't know why but its the weapon that clicked the most for me.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I feel like the maps need some rebalancing. I played the beta a decent amount and very rarely saw dark forest get to the final objective. And it was also kinda rare to see agatha win on coxwell. I dunno if its just because of people not going for objectives or whatever though. Rudhelm seemed fine.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Play posted:

No just little kids posting lame trash talk and slurs at this point. That will probably get a little bit better once it's no longer free... or maybe not.

*Round ends*

EZ

2 ez

ez

fuckin LAG

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Any idea why I have a number next to my screen name? It says (470). I think it may have happened after my game crashed once?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Perestroika posted:

I'm really hoping for themed DLCs down the line. Deadliest Warrior for Chiv 1 was hilarious, and Warhams would be a great fit as well.

Also, I'll never ever get tired of suddenly eating poo poo from ballistas and catapults :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/DZfEpQ3.mp4

Had someone yesterday that refused to get off the catapult during the 1st stage of Lionspire and would just murder everyone, friend or foe, that was next to the battering ram. It was great watching all the bodies just fly straight up into the air

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

If you play in third person at least you're probably not playing archer (scum) though

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Hub Cat posted:

Loving the shovel, there's just something magic and it has a great bonk.

This. It has the best hit connection sound in the game. It really feels like you can be super aggressive with it too. I'm grinding for that fancy 22000 cosmetic shovel lol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

You lose nothing by disabling chat in this game tho, its not like holdfast where its sometimes funny and interesting. Just completely useless unless you like hearing people complain about lag or be salty about losing

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 10, 2021

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

explosivo posted:

People do not like reviving teammates in this game, do they? I've revived so many guys who were in the middle of a pack of teammates doing nothing or when I need a revive and there's 3 teammates dancing around as if I'm not even there. :mad:

Just punch someone a couple times and get yourself up. BOOTSTRAPS

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The female voice battle screams are real good

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

oswald ownenstein posted:

3.) What the hell did they do to my man at arms? He doesn't get firepots anymore, the little NYEH isn't unique to him anymore, why would I play him vs a knight or vanguard just wheeling a two hander about everywhere?

The shovel (with bear trap that no one ever sees)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I've definitely hit teammates that were on fire or all burnt up. Better to strike first and find out later

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I thought that the polehammer stops swinging on hit, did they change that?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

:siren: Agatha has CRAB heraldry :siren:

That is all

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

It feels pretty good when you captain america your shield and it bounces right back at you.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Aardvark! posted:

I threw my shield, weapon, and secondary weapon at an archer standing on a platform, didn't kill him but hit him, climbed up to the platform and punched him to death. i got my sword back but coudlnt find my shield for some reason and ended up dual wielding with a pumpkin for a super long line of fights. It is a good game

Yes!!! murder the bow wielding scum

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Aardvark! posted:

the biggest thing I like over mordhau is that there's just less down time between chopping heads. remembering all the time spent running somewhere and only finding one enemy there etc. in mordhau.

occasionally it doesn't work perfectly - killing the heir is kind of a bitch with reinforcements instant joining the battle, but it's way better than the alternative

That last stage is hilarious, just EVERYONE is on fire and you just gotta KEEP SWINGING

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

boz posted:

Unlocked Engineer yesterday and the shovel and while I love the bonk I keep overestimating its reach.

You gotta get all up in n their face with the shovel, just jab and kick and bonk away

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Looks like NA West servers just went down?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Mr. Pool posted:

Spear is great for someone like me who has shite awareness, if I'm only poking I don't need to keep dragging my FOV and have more of a shot at knowing wtf is going on around me. Also how the heck at people doing "heavy" thrusts/vert attacks? rebinding it to something other than mwheel?

Try using the basic knight longsword if you wanted to branch out a little bit. Throw all your knives and your secondary and then start poking away. Its pretty easy to use.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

TorakFade posted:

Still fun. What do you guys think of 64 player vs 40 player ?

64 players only for me. Embrace the chaos

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Internet Explorer posted:

I have way too many TKs from throwing my medpack at people. Why? Why!?!

I've started just throwing them on the ground. People can pick them up later

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

tokenbrownguy posted:

archers 4 lyfe

Ban

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

A round also shouldn't end on certain objectives if the team completing it is actively being increasing it. Like pushing the battering ram on lionspire.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Clanpot Shake posted:

The worst is the trebuchets on lionspire. Fuse lit? gently caress you, the time ran out. Once there's less than a minute on the clock you might as well get up and stretch or whatever.

Yeah! Thats definitely a good example

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

So whats the reasoning behind the crossbowman getting a bonus against footmen and knights. Just...why...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Apparently the bad rubber banding/lag that can happen only occurs if you use the server browser and not the matchmaking. At least according to their ticket on trello.

Also, new map preview!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS6MXSDk9RA

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

bees everywhere posted:

Side note, I love the maps where you have to kill/defend a VIP at the end, it's basically a wildcard round and can go either way which is a fun way to end a long match.

People get so mad if the Duke/Heir doesn't sit in the corner like they're "supposed" to. Had one guy that ended up dying as Duke and people started whining, and he was just like "I'm the Duke, I can play how I want" and I gotta say :hmmyes:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

So the Duke/Heir can heal just like everyone else? Do banners and medkits and toots all work on him or do only some things work? Can they eat food too. I'm not good enough to have ever been in first place lol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I discovered a bug to guarantee a win on a certain map in Chivalry II Is there a way to report it in game or do I need to send an email?

I think you can do that through their website but you probably have to register there

https://support.chivalry2.com/

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

The Ping seems off. It always says I have 4 or 12 Ping but then there’s horrible rubberbanding.

Do you use the server browser or do you matchmake? (Don't use the server browser)

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 18, 2021

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

cerebral posted:

I don't generally like calling for nerfs in a game, especially before the dust has even settled from release, and therefore I hate myself for this, but I hope they nerf the Messer into the ground and salt the earth where it is buried. I hope everyone who "mains Messer" gets forced to wear a skin with a giant "M" emblazoned on it so we can all recognize who the shitters are for all time. I hope archers forevermore respond to insults with, "Oh yeah? Well at least I don't use a Messer!"

My greatest joy in this game murdering helicopter Messer twats, but that isn't always easy because if they realize that they have a stab button along with a swing button, it's a real tough fight. That loving stab comes out so quick and starts doing damage so early....grrrrrrrr. I mad. There are a lot of weapons that have some of the same advantages as the Messer, the Messer just seems to have all of the advantages in one package.

I enjoy pressing q into the back of their head as an ambusher. I guess I enjoy doing that to everyone though

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

i'm not having much fun or luck, god what an irritating design decision

Just say gently caress it then and play whatever class you want. Theres enough weapons on the ground that you can just be constantly throwing poo poo if you want. The short sword really does own though, ambusher is fun as heck

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Perestroika posted:

When you forget for a moment that throwing medpacks at downed allies no longer instantly revives them like it did in the beta. At least he was avenged.

https://i.imgur.com/gvPE8Kl.mp4

How did that last stab not hit you

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I guess because their health is lower than the others.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

HukHukHuk posted:

Plain and short swords are still my favorite melee weapons, something satisfying about twirling around with one as MAA.

They're real good.

I've been forcing myself to use weapons other than the long/short/sword, shovel, and one handed spear. Polehammer feels pretty good but I'm not very good at fighting against groups with it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Derpies posted:

Lag the past few days has been pretty bad and combined with it already having the friends list bug is kind of ruining the joy I had in chopping off heads.

Yeah, I get random spikes in my ping, even when using matchmaking. And sometimes the server will just drop me completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

I mean the biggest starting tip is to use overheads and stabs more. Side swings are good when you’re in a huge melee, but if you’re 5v1 there’s no reason you should be doing a side swing. Yes you’ll have to aim, but that’s a big part of the game. The reality is this is just simple geometry. Use math to win!

I dunno, countering their wild panic side swings can work sometimes. But yeah, pokes are usually the way to go if you're not gonna get hit by their swing anyways