Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Farm Frenzy posted:

is it just me or is the mace just flat out better than the morningstar

The mace overhead is really really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

What are objectives?

Its what you aim the catapult at no matter what

I do think some people are too quick to say that their team isn't going after the objective. Like, take a look at the kill score first before saying that, sometimes your team is just getting murdered

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

cerebral posted:

Little known fact, you don't have to hit the doors of those cages to break them, the entire cart is a hitbox.

:catstare:

God damnit

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

Does the shield-banging with the warcry button only happen in certain views or with certain classes? I tried with the MAA and skirmisher and couldn't make it work, both first-person.

Never actually tried in first person, but you do have to be standing still when you press the battle cry key

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

efb

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Internet Explorer posted:

Oh. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was still available last night. I am so much better with spears that it's not even funny. They have completely broken my ability to use any other weapon. Even the two-hander is strong. Guess I'm going back to TKing people with medic packs.

Just stab people with another stabby weapon like the long/short/sword. They're easier to use when fighting off groups too imo since the swings don't stop on hit

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

totalnewbie posted:

I've never played any of these types of games - should I just buy Chivalry 2 if I want to give one a whirl?

If the gameplay clips/vids look fun to you then just go for it. Play the tutorial first before hopping in to a match though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

You also get the short stun when the shield breaks, so just throw it when it starts looking beat up

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I dunno about everyone else but I've stopped playing until at least the next patch comes out. It'd be nice to have those 2 new maps sooner rather than later also, but its probably gonna be awhile

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Diogines posted:

I just did a quick count of every server with a popular of more than 1.

318 people are playing right now, with a single 64 server full and the second 64 server at 53 people.

How are you seeing the matchmaking servers? Those don't show up on the server browser right?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Nice, the game badly needed more maps

I'll try it out later

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Played for a little bit. The new map objective map Galencourt is fun, though of course people were complaining that it wasn't balanced, haven't played it enough to really say if thats true or not.

The new female agatha voice has an awful battle cry which is unfortunate. The Mason female voice is okay.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Comrayn posted:

Kind of a weird name for the Chivalry thread imo. New map kicks rear end, seems very defender biased though.

What happens past the church? Or is that the end

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Came across this article. I don't know how someone can be so wrong

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Statutory Ape posted:

Has there been a peep about timeframe on fixing the armor display bug or just the acknowledgement it exists ?

https://twitter.com/ChivalryGame/status/1427360880610594832?s=20

Supposedly you can delete that folder to reset your customization if you're on pc

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I mean if the argument is that it is inferior to the chiv1 battlecry button I can see that.

"But I just can’t stop thinking of how much I hate the battlecry button in Chivalry 2. The fun was slowly being sucked away due to this one feature to a point that it felt better to play the game without my headset on. You can’t spam the battlecry button, but with so many players it doesn’t matter as it sounds like a never-ending stream of unnecessary screaming."

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

They just need to get their poo poo together with the servers asap. Like, I can't join a server with more than 40 people in it. its usually more like 30.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I think it will be tough to keep people playing when they pick the game up on Steam and are instantly obliterated by die-hard players.

I think it'll be fine with 64 player servers. My friend tried out the free weekend and did ok. I get crushed by the level 200+ people too but I don't really mind since there aren't that many of them

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The sword is sooo slow. I get why people like it but I just cant do it. The map is pretty cool tho

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I still hop in for a round or 2 a few days a week. Its fun. If they continue to just add more maps I'll be happy.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Nice, looking forward to throwing all my weapons at cavalry

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Its happenin on Sunday! Probably gonna be a poo poo show of technical issues as is par for the course, but I'm excited anyways

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Early impression - I feel like cavalry might spawn too often in wardenglade. Seems maybe ok in the TO maps.
No one seems to play engineer despite the change.
The TO maps are pretty fun. Might need balancing, but its hard to tell since teams tend to be so unbalanced now in a lot of games
The two handed spear is great against cav lol. That spear brace owns any charging cav that isn't supported by infantry
Spawning as cav is kinda rear end. You have to be so quick to hit k to accept the spawn, otherwise the slots just fill up

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 12, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Oh, also cosmetics are semi bugged again lol. I'm forced to wear a helmet even though I have no helmet selected on everyone

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Captain Beans posted:

The defend the wall TO map is great. You actually have a map where the defenses (trebs/giant xbows/ROCKPILES) are actually placed in areas that you can use to bash people. So many rock piles on other defend the walls map suck because you dont have a clear shot to throw boulders on people's heads

I think the attackers need an extra minute or so with the Destroy siege equipment objective, maybe another 30 seconds with the town hall (or spawn slightly closer). Both of those are pretty difficult on attack.

Same with the first lighthouse objective on the other map. Needs a little bit more time for the attackers. If the defenders use engineers that first objective is hell

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 13, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Internet Explorer posted:

Having so much fun with this game I decided to buy it on Steam as well. Although I will say that I'm not a huge fan of the new maps and horses. Just a little too chaotic / janky. Been fun playing with friends, though. There's not room for a huge amount of coordination, but it's funny as hell watching your buddies die in hilarious fashion.

I can't stop using the 2 handed spear against cav lol. I'm not quite sure if it outreaches the lance, even if you time the poke right. Its close though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

wow, wtf did they do to the end of coxwell. Theres no more peasants, it just keeps spawning regular soldiers so you have no idea who you need to kill to win

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I don't think so, but I've unlocked almost all of the cosmetic stuff i want just by getting the gold you earn from playing the game. I'm also at level 100 though.

Crab/octopus heraldry crew

Also lmao at the tenosian knight armor costing 42000 gold

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

BeeSeeBee posted:

I'm really enjoying the engineer on defense, I always loved the class, but you needed a few to mass barriers. The new buffs are insanely strong on some points with just one but they should give the class something like a reverse banner point system with the barriers, where more enemies in proximity you're holding back = more points. Or at least give the engineer some points for the enemy having to attack the barrier, I dunno. You spend all game running back and forth to the ammo chests refreshing barriers and throwing lovely 50 point bandage boxes.

Barriers on the dock is the only way I've seen Mason win the last part of falmire now after they changed it to favor Agatha.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I honestly don't care about dueling at all. I just wanna scream and overhead my hammer into heads

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

beer gas canister posted:

Found out that the rapier can riposte to a jab so quickly that enemies are usually still stuck in their blocked animation on connect :yeshaha:

Rapier is pretty fun to use. I love the q special, dodging a swing and just coming right back at them is great. Also hilarious when you do it consecutively

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Whichever armor shows off my crab/squid heraldry the most is what I'll pick. Boo to all the fancy armors where you can barely see it

The agatha vanguard puffy shirt is perfect btw

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I love how you can "fix" your barricades by just picking them up and putting them back down. I spend way too long maintaining my wooden babies as engineer

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Looks like they fixed up Baudwyn a little bit which is nice. Haven't gotten a chance to play this week but it desperately needed that change to the siege destruction objective. Not really sure if they did enough for the Town Hall objective though

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

GyverMac posted:

Chiv2 is fun, however, I'm struggling to find the combat rythm, feints and such doesnt seem to have the same weight as mordhau when people can block for so long. I feel that every fight devolves into hitting>dodging>hitting>block rince and repeat.

The people that have absolutely rolled me are dudes that get right up in your face and start feinting, jabbing, and kicking like mad and Im just dead

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

megane posted:

If I have Chiv 2 on EGS, does it crossplay with Steam?

Yes, but they haven't added in cross party making yet (lol)

Supposedly its going to be in their next "big" patch this summer

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

What are people even using a large Discord channel for in Chiv 2. Aren't parties limited to like 4 people? Or is this a Mordhau or duels type deal

I mean, its not like a loot game where you need to form parties for raids

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I have seen someone crouch sprinting and I have no idea how they did that. They had like 4 of us trying to chase them but they were somehow moving so drat fast while croucching

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

beer gas canister posted:

If you're fighting a team with a lot of knights it can be troublesome due to the low damage. At 30 damage it takes 6 hits to down a knight.

Doesn't the stab do 50? I mean, I do mix in slaps when I use it but I still mostly stab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

I just bought Chivalry 2 and am still doing stupid stuff like hitting my teammates because I try to cancel attacks with right click, and half my thrusts and chops turn into the normal slash. Which is the simplest/gentlest class to start out as? Right now I've still been playing the one it made me as default when I first started the game, which is the halberd guy.

Is right click not Block for you? I cancel attacks with block all the time, though of course theres a point of no return on the swing.

The longsword on the knight is still a great weapon imo, and its the very first option plus you get the extra knight health. I do think almost all of the weapons are at least usable. Might just be up to you whether you like something thats fast or slow and heavy

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 2, 2022