Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Babe Magnet posted:

their party issues are also hurting a lot. Sure it's frustrating but you can get around it by restarting the game a million times or whatever but people who were sold on crossplay with their friends are not able to cross play with their friends still lol

Do consoles lack the ability to direct join a game/ not have a server browser?

The party bug sucks on PC as well but takes less than a minute to coordinate joining servers. Playing on the same team has been a nonissue

e; I wonder if the party bug is related to the fact that if I direct launch the game via shortcut instead of the launcher, it has zero connection to the game/epic servers

e2; so I'm playing on PC with a 1080ti and a 6/12 i7 @ 5.0ghz. the game is on a SSD and theres plenty of RAM left available. Every so often the game will get a weird sputter/hickup but nothing is indicating that the hardware is hitting any kind of threshold. The game also occasionally has some weird audio crackling that seems to happen more when dead than alive, which is unrelated to the sputter (or at least, does not occur in conjunction with), the sputter happens when alive exclusively it seems

this does not happen in other games, including the extremely shittily designed n implemented elite dangerous odyssey so i'm not really sure wtf

is this happening to anybody else

Worf fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jun 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

DOes chiv2 have a way to self host a dedicated, as I seem to recall chiv having?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Internet Explorer posted:

Dumb question, Chiv 2 doesn't have heavy overheads or heavy stabs, does it? Just heavy slashes? I know you've got the special that can sometimes be what seems like a heavy overhead or stab, but yeah.

well I c why ur name isnt sword explorer

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Ciaphas posted:

last night I was trying to figure out why some of my attacks are so delayed. Does, say, double-clicking m1 do something other than just attack? Like a fake feint or something that's slowing me down? I tend to get button-mashy fast when I'm stressed out, which is basically always :shobon:

(i'd check myself, but work :argh:)

You could be doing so many different things if you're really mashing buttons, which sounds like you're kinda hitting things at random.

One thing off the top of my head is that V cancels swings by default and m2 will change a swing into a defensive counter

Not to mention if you're keying another attack you will probably be switching to that. Attacking with a slash then going to an overhand will add time because you're halting one action that's partially completed to start another action at 0%

E: wow, beaten like a button masher

F/e also non button mashers as I can attest to tbh

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

You're topping the score boards because most of the ppl playing this, especially me, are irredeemably horrible at the game

I find FFA to be far more relaxing than team modes. You ultimately take way less damage from the people around you, despite the fact they're all enemies

And situational awareness doesn't mean too much when mouth breathing allies decide to pop out of the woods to stand at your elbows while you swing an object that gives u a roughly 12 foot wing span

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

beer gas canister posted:

I've been absolutely whooping rear end with the Knight's mace. Not sure why it's relegated to an alternate weapon slot. It's super fast and the overheads can clock 90 damage. I straight up exploded an archer's head yesterday

Mace knights are up there with spear knights as far as annoyingness sometimes.

I'm trying to figure out what weapon I like the most as crusader and it's not easy. I'm feeling like I'm better with either of the 2h axes than the messer, which is kinda unfortunate.

I like the falchion the most though, even more than the big weapons it feels like. Probably shouldn't play as crusader in that case since starting with a shield is probably better than not.

I guess the reality is I am not good enough at either attack or defending myself to know what will work yet

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

beer gas canister posted:

Players are definitely getting faster, and the Messer stab is now a standard spam choice. 2 hand weapons seem more popular now overall. Most players with shields seem to get rolled over pretty hard, except for a minority who are an incredible pain in the rear end.

Messer stab spam was p much the first reliable way I learned to kill people

I have been having more fun with longsword and sword on officer tho

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Jimbot posted:

I hope they add in an option to change the controls per weapon. The javelins and one-handed weapons are really fun to use but I wish the left click was the thrust instead of the sweep.

This probably won't happen in this game, but if there's a program that remaps KB/m input with a hotkey toggle to swap profiles you could probably program a good substitute

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Nordick posted:

I've been taking tons of clips with GeForce Experience, thinking I might make another stupid montage video at some point, but ugghh :effort:

I usually use the xbox game bar record feature, which is not working for me in this game. I figured screw it ill use the nvidia capture thing, which I can not figure out how to get it to take little highlights of the last X seconds. I can get it to record continually fine and play that back tho?

Mind you im pretty sure I even saw/adjusted the option for how long the screen grab lasts. Where tf do I set the keybind to actually use the capture feature? Did they call it something weird in the alt z nvidia menu??

I dont want to preemptively record poo poo, every time i have tried that ive forgotten and its just vast tracts of me being afk while smoking weed in video games dying to the flora and fauna

ALso to the goon that cant get enough killing and dying...same.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

The regular "sword" sword is really freaking nice imho. It has a really good balance of speed and damage I think. it seems fast enough to be faster than most weapons on the battlefield and does enough damage to kill things if you can defend yourself a bit

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

this game can probably survive most of its bugs if theyre eventually fixed but the matchmaking/server reliability seems to be really atrocious not only for myself but for my friends

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

if you are trying to help your teammate kill somebody i find that you need to be basically surgical, i almost exclusively only use stabs in an unguarded neck for this. I play with the same people over and over though so there is some element of teamwork and maneuvering to be done.

the best way i find i can help a teammate is crowd control & literally just being another pair of eyes. do not crowd your teammate and use yourself to direct traffic of other players in a helpful fashion

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Schneider Inside Her posted:

In 5v1s I like to stand slightly behind my opponent and weird them out

You're Reginald aren't you.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If you can use the server browser (are on PC) the duel servers are a pretty good way to pick up some mechanics

You will eat a ton of poo poo though in the process, god drat

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Nordick posted:

So what's the handiest tool for easily clipping all these .mp4s to size? I have all these 30 second instant replay clips, and I was considering breaking out the proper video editor to make some kind of montage video, but surely there's something more convenient if I wanna just snip the relevant 10 second part out and stick it in imgur.

The record button on vlc

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Did you check it to upload with audio? Iirc by default it does it with just the video track

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

beggar posted:

"Yall are playing minecraft" lmao

I love watching people determine what games I'm playing incorrectly

I mostly play FFA unless I'm w friends and while ffa is vastly more chill than tdm/ to as far as the chat, there's a lot of ppl that think they're on a duel server

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Yeah but they fixed the weird movement jitter so you will net positive kdr from this imo

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Schneider Inside Her posted:

That's fair I reckon. This game gets pretty dire when there's a big skill imbalance on teams.

Isn't this a PC only problem

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Theres plenty of stomps on PC, not making letting me join with my friends in a game where fighting together is largely more dangerous to allies than enemies is not a benefit

Theres a p much 0% chance they broke the matchmaking intentionally, because companies that actually operate based on their intent not their level of capability don't delete their own weapons due to balance or buggery

Worf fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jul 3, 2021

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Perestroika posted:

Note: This does not seem to work with the heads of decapitated enemies. :orks101:

bug, not a featuer

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I have played 0 hours since they told the world that the spear was TOO OP TO BE LEFT ALIVE,

but then left it alive anyway.

A) deleting a weapon from your game to fix it is like, wtf?
B) not actually deleting the weapon you say is too powerful
C) """""""""""post launch support""""""""""

D), although also really A1) I am loving tired of workarounds and troubleshooting for basic game functions like matchmaking. This is not just a CHiv2 thing, but something endemic to the industry, if you were to only take the new games I'm playing anyway.

so, for these reasons, and frankly, many others (spawn system being among them) i will say the game was enjoyable but give it a hearty 1/10 score with a strong avoid at all costs rating.

also the game seems dead as poo poo, its not rare to just run into the same players. probably even less rare now that a month has gone by since i played.

E: also, i refuse to grant amnesty for low population based on the season, when they still haven't fixed matchmaking :shrug:

Worf fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 21, 2021

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

TorakFade posted:

if this actually makes all the no life no fun sperglords abandon the game because the party issues (which are by far the most-lamented ones) mean they can't dunk on newbies togheter with their just-as-horrible friends, I'd consider it a win

I want to play with fun people, and sperglords are the opposite of fun most of the time

E: patch out in about 2 hours!

Ah yes those other people, the sperglords that want a functioning product so they can play with their social group while you can go queue alone and die alone

Those other guys sure are weird yes

I also hope they don't fix it, mainly because I am equally ok playing this game or watching it poo poo itself into DOA status like I predicted it would

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Did they make it better or worse

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I played and didn't hate it. I haven't played since the first 2 weeks after it came out though I think?

I felt like most of the shittiness was my own ineptitude

Or getting blocked in by teammates

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I just assumed those were archers, good to see they finally added more than 1 gender

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i cant get the game to actually use my custom armor selection in the matches even tho it displays on the pre match customization screens, any suggestions frands?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

ah so good they changed a weapon i dont use and nullified 40 levels of armor unlocks

Statutory Ape posted:

Did they make it better or worse

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

You aren't alone on the new map fps thing based on in game chat

I ended up dropping my (maxed) fov by 5 or something since I figured it was the easiest out

I also run the game at 1440 so maybe fov makes more sense to adjust at higher res idk

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

As red team my w:l is like 6:1 on blue team it's like 1:5

Overall I mean

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i think the devs would be well served by giving their respawn system a strong looking at

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

the game should reward you in some fashion for when you're fighting a person and an archer tries to snipe either one of you, and you both immediately and silently agree that whatever our disagreement, it can surely be put aside until we've disemboweled the little flinger of sticks n stone

i love FFA

also, under no circumstances do i advise playing FFA

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Has there been a peep about timeframe on fixing the armor display bug or just the acknowledgement it exists ?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Jabarto posted:

I guess he would hate me spamming "your mom" jokes when I'm on mason too, huh

They included jokes against moms but not feminine player models at launch? That's nice

Ty for the goon that posted the possible fix I'm smord to try it.

Smord is what happens when you try to type amped but fail.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Statutory Ape posted:

They included jokes against moms but not feminine player models at launch? That's nice

Ty for the goon that posted the possible fix I'm smord to try it.

Smord is what happens when you try to type amped but fail.

Yeah

Ngl that poo poo was palpable in that game

I would also like to add that Texas is currently I believe the most shameful and painful thing I can recall experiencing as a member of this country and I am deeply disturbed. I've already written to ppl in Texas like sports teams owners to try and be a voice towards applying leverage

Yeh I guess trying to get the Dallas cowboys to help was probably the stupidest idea I've ever had, I just figured that football would actually be leverage enough and now I get to live in the reality where none of that was done .

Anyway gently caress all of it and gently caress chiv2

E2: also thank u past me, I lold at smord

Worf fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 5, 2021

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

lol im the month between posts haha gently caress u chivalry

jk i might boot you up later for like 10 minutes to kill some people in FFA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

have you seen my baby posted:

I can't decide if the Chiv2 devs using the 1yr Epic exclusive as basically just an extended beta is scummy, genius, or both

I really don't think it's going to be a smart move when it gets instantly review bombed day one on steam by a bunch of people that have actually played it for a year

Blowing your load and ruining your reputation on a highly visible yet lesser platform is not particularly smooth in my mind, but I'm just a s*** poster on the internet