Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

After spending 500+ hours in Mordhau let me tell you if there was only one thing to appreciate Chiv 2 it's the fact it's nice to have those massive crowds of screaming blue and red blobs leaving piles of bodies towards an objective again like those first weeks of Mordhau's launch instead of everyone splitting up to do their sick sweatlord 1vXs or just farming kills with their naked maulrat.

That and having spears and shields actually feel nice to use again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

beer gas canister posted:

I really don't get the 2 handed spear with footman. The other weapons, I can kind of handle, but I'm utterly baffled by that spear.

It's the best kiter, you keep an enemy at a distance with your stabs and "swings" (which come with a slight knockback to them even if they parry it). Pair it with backwards dashes and even other polearms are going to have trouble hitting you. Basically keep poking at them until they die while they flail uselessly trying to hit you.

Heavy stabs are especially useful in mobs when you can just poke over friendies' heads into the other teams heads since they do a lot of damage. As does the sprinting charge, so charging in from the flanks cans easily assassinate someone on the edge or the back. I would recommend staying away from getting into 1vXs since, no horizontal swing means ripostes lose their effectiveness, and with it, your effectiveness against multiple opponents.

Now the only thing I haven't figured out for it yet is its special attack, which just couches the spear, I haven't had anyone run into yet to even see what kind of damage it does. Honestly just makes me think it's only there for the horses that'll show up later.

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

Chiv 1 at least had a designated voice command that had you shouting about the current objective, it kinda sounds like others do in incidental dialogue but it's usually so quiet you can't hear them over all the battlecries.

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

"Yes, gooood dog." :allears:

As much as I hated having to drop the classic Mason MAA voice for my Footman for her, it has been worth every second.

Now if only they'd give Agatha some actually good voice options that wasn't just the classics and imposter.

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

They should add one with like, a funny french accent or something. Isn't the company supposed to be in quebec anyway?

That's the exact one I'm still waiting for so my Jeanne d'Arc cosplay can finally be complete.