Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Here's how I feel about archers right now.

Hopefully, they will find a meaninful way to nerf archers. Nothing worse than getting rag dolled across the map from 80 health because a crossbow bolt hit you in the finger...

Maybe decrease limb damage quite a bit so that its really rewarding quality shots on the torso and head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I played the filthy ranged classes last night. Jav thrower was probably the most fun. Stay close to fights and throw Javs in peoplesís backs, especially their good players.

The fact that team damage is so low makes it so ranged dudes are willing to shoot into group fights and thereís almost no consequence for missing.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

The bots donít respond well to good footwork and things like holds. Generally if you move away or side to side against then and do a hold, youíll kill them easily. They are also easily recognizable.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Bots do weird things like not push up far enough to actually defend an objective or stopping in door ways. Seems theyíre more useless on defense than offense.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

The Ping seems off. It always says I have 4 or 12 Ping but then thereís horrible rubberbanding.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Do you use the server browser or do you matchmake? (Don't use the server browser)

Match make. Itís just bizarre that sometimes 4 Ping is amazing and sometimes itís absolute dog poo poo.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Shovel is OP

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Messer is good but Exec Axe is better. Keep that one a secret, boys.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Internet Explorer posted:

Chiv 2 is way too much fun for this thread to be so quiet. I wonder how badly the EGS exclusivity is hurting it.

Imagine having a friends list but not being able to actually message said friends list.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

People have been getting better though. If youíre fighting a shovel user just keep your rangeÖ

I was having trouble with one particular glaive user. The spam was unreal. I thought he was slashing through his teammates too, which may very well have been the case.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Honestly there are very few secrets about getting good at this time. You have to play to get used to everything, the better people get the more of the techniques shown in the tutorial you actually have to use. Remember that the people who are destroying everyone have thousands of hours into medieval melee games.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I mean the biggest starting tip is to use overheads and stabs more. Side swings are good when youíre in a huge melee, but if youíre 5v1 thereís no reason you should be doing a side swing. Yes youíll have to aim, but thatís a big part of the game. The reality is this is just simple geometry. Use math to win!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

TorakFade posted:

I did that and it was plenty of fun! Though the good players in duel servers are something else, I barely last for 1 block against them. And after a while I get bored, I crave the madness that is 64-player team objective

Today I had a really good team in one match, I think they recognized I was a liability so a couple guys always stood next to me and interrupted people from stabbing me or distracted them so I could sneak a hit and dodge back, lasting a lot more and racking up more takedowns (they got most of the kills). Just having one person at your side and attacking enemies in turn, alternating stepping back and forward between the two of you makes a huge difference!

Stop side swinging and try to get in opposite sides of the enemy, then you can side swing to your hearts content.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

What are objectives?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Have you guys run into tiny enemies in your games? What is the deal with that?

Thereís a bench you can sit on, in one of the maps that shrinks you.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Please elaborate.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

If you find a chicken, hold it over a brazer (the map ones work, too). Once chicken is on fire, jab people and they will be on fire. Do not throw chicken, that's just rude.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Itís not disabled if the patch hasnít hit yet.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Bots are easy if you move away from them. Their AI wants to be close, when they get close they love to spam short fast weapons that make them dangerous.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Itís OK we didnít want a patch anyway.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Stop feeding side swing counters in group fights.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

bees everywhere posted:

Looks like one of my teammates found a short-cut:
https://i.imgur.com/DNq4KGL.mp4

Hard to tell but it looks like he actually survived

It does like 30% of your health. Itís a pretty well known feature.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

This will probably sound weird but I donít use specials. I canít remember which one is a big overhead, or a big side swing, or a charge or a small underhand. Does it differ between classes, too? I donít pay enough attention to if my run indicator is on or not. I do know the most efficient way to put out damage to multiple targets is the executioner axe heavy side swing though.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

The only achievements are peoplesí tears in chat.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I donít even swing for less than 3 kills.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Diogines posted:

So is this very, very fun game hosed? It had every server full at launch and maybe 10k+ players. Last night it had about 500.

Would a patch fixing performance issues and letting people play with friends save it or is it too late?

Why do small incremental patches to show progress when you can make a huge post, never patch for 3 weeks and try to delete all evidence about the announced patch? Oh yeah and then show off upcoming weapon skins.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I never even consider who might be in a party on my servers, theyíre too low on the scoreboard to even think about.

You shouldnít really fault people for being good at the game or wanting to play with their friends. Both are perfectly reasonable things to do.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Counters take Stam now which is bad for high skill players. 1h spear is out. And they added and fixed hair colors.

The lag definitely is noticeable. I donít know if itís net worse but itís different for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Played with SSweaterLive today while he was streaming. He managed to survive the peasant phase of Coxswell, and get to work with a mace and shield. Not dying the whole time. I topped the scoreboard and healed him a few times but it was definitely cool to see.