Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

BeeSeeBee posted:

The *real* trick to topping scoreboards is using the war horn which gives you 300-500 points pretty regularly :toot:

It's genuinely this - I come top in 90% of the games I play.

Just kick around, steaming people on the objective and horn at bottlenecks on the front line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kru
Oct 5, 2003

its happening

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Everything feels shite now ffs

kru
Oct 5, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

And most of the time it feels like a simulation of going to the grocery store and having and elderly person block the aisle with their cart while standing in front of the thing you need to buy.

Haha, glad to see someone nailing the feeling via words

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Any EU players still around these days?

kru
Oct 5, 2003

kru posted:

Any EU players still around these days?

Well???

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Torn Banner are loving useless, it's absolutely unreal that cross-platform parties are delayed again.

God drat it.
>:*(

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Apparently a hotfix has been deployed.

If any of you EU EGS nerds wanna play, add 'KWA kruzin' and we can do some TO

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Telltolin posted:

I really need to get chiv 2, I was a original chiv duel turbonerd after turbonerding out on warband duels, and then I moved on to mordhau but eventually life and the immense chuditude of mordhau burned me out

i never really liked the big group battles in any of these games and love 1v1 duels, no idea how much of a scene chiv 2 has for that

I still really like the mechanics of mordhau, especially the inclusion of chambers
but EH

Are you in US or EU? There's a big EU duel scene currently, with a bunch of tourneys etc

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Telltolin posted:

US, and I was never into ranked mode -- in chiv 1 (and in mordhau) i liked the FFA duel mode where you wandered around a map filled with other people fightin' instead of being plopped in an arena with somebody

Yeah, the real duel scene in the EU is on FFA servers - I don't know anyone who plays arena or whatever it's called.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

The pan is absolutely solid

kru
Oct 5, 2003

kru posted:

The pan is absolutely solid

also, it's harvesting season

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kru
Oct 5, 2003

weird pro tip for you all here

breaking the aberfell fences (first point / third point) charges your special for 'torn banner' reasons, so if you want to earn mega points, go double dane axe, peep horn then recharge via fences

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Yeah, the fact that wasn't intentional re:katars it's hilarious

Ready for the heavy mace and poleaxe to work as intended though, it's only been a year since launch!

kru
Oct 5, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Did they fix the helmet bug

e: just tried out the quarterstaff. The side swings feel a bit weird, but the overhead is definitely strong. New map is neat but I only just did one round

they did

https://twitch.tv/yfxhowl

My clan are playing vs OVA (French guys) if anyone is interested in what EU comp chiv2 looks like

kru
Oct 5, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Has anyone seen King Argon II successfully retake everything? That drawbridge is just straight death every time I've had the map get to that stage

A few times, but yeah mostly people who dont really understand what is going on forcing their own guy off the side of the bridge

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Chiv is still good, lack of updates is a bit of a bummer though

kru
Oct 5, 2003

None - it's horrific

kru
Oct 5, 2003

No, literally no-one

kru
Oct 5, 2003

It's going to be such a poo poo show - still, the noob harvesting should be good lols, if nothing else!

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Def enjoying the nobles at end - punting them about is hilarious

kru
Oct 5, 2003

It's a hella fun ending. The timings really need to be extended a little though - and (though I don't really care about this) I think the double peasant spawn wave is a little obnoxious.

Also - don't sleep in the sickles - you can find them on a bench in a wee shed. They are insanely OP, and you can churn through waves of tenosians with them if you play it right.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

The sickles were absolutely OP and the best thing in the map. Also the idea that TB will ever fix anything is outrageous

kru
Oct 5, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

TDM is throwing practice mode. No melee, just pick up whatever is on the ground and chuck it

Tis. Everyone gently caress about till the real mode starts!

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Any EU goons still playing this?

kru
Oct 5, 2003

That's a long standing bug where you special into stuff with jav and it blasts you across the map

you can use it to abuse a bunch of the map geometry and death from above people

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Talking about chiv 2 bugs, does any one here remember jump charge? Where you could run -> jump -> whip the mouse 180 degrees -> charge through the air into the back of people

completely unblockable

bring it back

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Jav/one handed spear whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Man, rip Soter Dave. Jesus. I only just heard.