Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I feel like the game really needs points where d can actually push back instead of just delay. Doing nonstop delaying actions where o gets bonus time for completing objectives feels like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Really there's only two downsides of duels: 1. when you get owned it's just because you get owned there's nothing else to blame 2. the flourish is stupid (because I can't do it. how do you do the flourish)

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

TorakFade posted:

defaults to middle mouse button click. So many times I flourished instead of doing an overhead or stab .......

Oh no way I thought it was some particular combination of feints and chances that’s way easier

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

So many people playing the vip forget the single most important thing a vip can do that’s critical and irreplaceable to the success of the stage: constantly holler to raise the morale of your team. Always Be pressing C

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

People not knowing that explains so much lmfao. So many defenders letting me circle backwards round and round those letting me counterslash and chip with every swing

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Internet Explorer posted:

Oh. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was still available last night. I am so much better with spears that it's not even funny. They have completely broken my ability to use any other weapon. Even the two-hander is strong. Guess I'm going back to TKing people with medic packs.

More bad news

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

This also works pretty well against humans

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

School Nickname posted:

Has anyone else tried to main the Two-Handed Hammer as Vanguard while still holding onto their Dane Axe cannon? Practicing with it at the moment, but I feel that in good hands it will poo poo all over Knights.

Yeah comboed slashs after a hit are almost immediate with it, lol.

Yes. it owns. It also has the same sprint attack (the 60 degree slash) as the dane axe but with a wider reach and it does like 150 damage to knights. I personally had been doing 2h hammer + messer since i started with knight messer but i've been trying 2h hammer + dane ax and it's so good lol

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Ravenfood posted:

I need to try this. The main downside I can see is that I'd feel like I need to be a bit more careful with just chucking the Dane Axe because it's also your weapon for fighting groups.

You can use the hammer for fighting groups but you have to be really careful and accel absolutely everything and dodge all the time because your only real way to manage momentum is counters. But it's also worth noting that heavy attacks do cleave, it's just the light attacks that stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

TorakFade posted:

Wait what

Does that work for all blunt weapons? Because that's a game changer if I ever heard one, especially if you can heavy counter or heavy riposte. The polehammer is already one of my favorite weapons despite the fact I always had trouble with groups, but if I can powerswing through multiple people then :getin:

Yup but it's just the heavy normal attacks the specials dont cleave either