Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blink polyfill
Feb 29, 2020

it has come to my attention that of the many wrong things people other than me do, using 24 hour time is one of them

hey guess what SHITBIRD i don't know what you mean when you say "meet you at 19" in a slack message. it is hard for me to figure out what making GBS threads timezone you are in on top of having to work out how far it is past lunch time

this also means we aren't gonna have to maybe change :420: at all but that is already fine, it's 4 hours after lunch

also i am not down with swatch internet time just to clear that up

code:
// Very bad idea, thanks 'swiss watch'
@42.95 .beats
Epoch Time: 1622678510
see you in the lunch room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
op i use 24 hour time because days have 24 hours and i can count beyond my teeth

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
:420: what even is time anyway really :catdrugs:

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

im sure if you were as international as pit "mr worldwide" bull you would need to use 24 hour time, it's a goal we all strive to op

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

no

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Base ten was adopted by reactionary french peasants who didn't understand why numbering systems are useful op. They even tried to ruin time but fortunately they failed.

Anyway, one day when you grow up you'll realize 24hr UTC time is the way and the light.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
op think about this thread next time you set your alarm clock 12 hours late

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 7, 2021

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

This gimmick sucks, you should feel bad OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
I don't know anybody who would say "I'll meet you at 19" that's some neckbeard poo poo

I do use 24-hour time on all logfiles, and also on my phone. But I'd just say "meet you at 7" instead of "meet you at 1900".