Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Somehow I just remembered that time Enzo was all oiled up in a shark cage suspended above the ring, having trouble to escape from it.

I also sometimes remember when Hulk Hogan came out with a FUNB shirt in WCW and I thought it was really funny because the German commentators used to just say FUNB every time he connected with a strike.

Also another WCW thing: I remember when there was a storyline where German "comedian" Tom Gerhardt stole the exhaust pipe of Berlyn and they used that to build a German tour that only had like two or three stops and it's impossible to find footage of it, it's not on the Network and I'm pretty sure I'm just imagining it at this point.

I wonder if you can tell what country I'm from.

Share weirder things to remember about wrestling shows so I don't feel too bad about myself.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jun 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

when i was 7 i randomly turned on raw and saw kane chokeslam tori and then i didn't watch wrestling again for 15 years

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did you ever say that kane thing before because the weirdly specific thing i remember is somebody syaing that. drat dude. another one i remember is the full scott hall vs lash leroux match that wasn't anything. i think about it some times

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

IGgy IGsen posted:

Also another WCW thing: I remember when there was a storyline where German "comedian" Tom Gerhardt stole the exhaust pipe of Berlyn and they used that to build a German tour that only had like two or three stops and it's impossible to find footage of it, it's not on the Network and I'm pretty sure I'm just imagining it at this point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmcj_LmUlwE

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the way fink said NOOOooooOOOO disqualifications at mania 17

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Here's the video package for it. It's somehow very endearing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaPwS0GeuPE
Just a shame I can't find the match itself anywhere. As far as I remember it sucked completely but that's not surprising anybody.

I want any given modern promotion to do another take on this story of a feud featuring a stolen exhaust pipe.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I always think about Kane throwing Paul Bearer down a sewer at the end of some RAW.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

do you remember where you were when Vince's limo exploded, seemingly killing him

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Because of this forum, I don't think I'll ever forget the random John Cena vs LORD TENSAI match on Raw that ended via DQ, because for some reason lots of people remembered it as Tensai going clean over Cena.

Also if I try a little I think I can remember the entire history of the WWECW title because it was a fun show to watch and I still randomly think about it at times

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

The first thing I went to watch on the network when it went up was Harlem Heat vs The Nasty Boys in a tornado tag match where they wander over to the fakest concession stand imaginable and slip around in ketchup for 15 minutes. It is burned into the recesses of my brain and yet it was way worse than I remembered.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Scott Steiner giving Mark McGwire a hard time for using steroids.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

This thread made me think of the local fed show I went to featuring the wrestler Bench Horse, a horse that bench-presses people and things, who was apparently a heel? I'm still not sure how you assign a moral stance to a bench-press-mad horse

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
hulk hogan tearing off kurt angle’s underwear and putting it on his head

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Antivehicular posted:

This thread made me think of the local fed show I went to featuring the wrestler Bench Horse, a horse that bench-presses people and things, who was apparently a heel? I'm still not sure how you assign a moral stance to a bench-press-mad horse

bench horse is a cosmic fucker

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dockmaster is badass tho

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

JOHN CENA posted:

bench horse is a cosmic fucker

poo poo, is there Bench Horse lore?? I had no idea, although I probably should have guessed

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
the boomer arn anderson spinebuster on undertaker at the wrestlemania where hes facing ric flair (19?)

kenny omegas bloodied clown face after he got beat by ishii at one of the tournaments. he looks so miserable lmao

the shawn michaels vs undertaker promo w/ the dark and moody kate bush cover running in the background

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

My dad lying and saying he bought a ppv because I turned on tbs when they were replaying clash of the champions on a Saturday morning

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

kurt angle stopping running from the undertaker when he suddenly realises that he's afraid of a man who rides a bicycle

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I keep "remembering" Diamond Dallas Page using the catchphrase "DDP is live, self-high-five!" but I now I think my brain made that up.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I remember when AEW was just starting out. This was before Dynamite. I'm not sure they even announced the TV deal at thaat point already. MIght have been the first Double or Nothing, I dunno.

I forget the exact circumstance but someone attacked someone else after a match or during a promo and for some reason Jungle Boy came out and looked real confused and he walked around a bit. I was hanging out in a Discord channel with people where we reacted to stuff and one person said "Wow Jungle Boy has no rear end" and I said "Because Sonny Kiss stole it and they are gonna feud about it" or something very similar.

Somehow that memory just came back.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I remember when Al Snow at a booger on Raw and Jim Ross made a big deal about it.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Shine posted:

I keep "remembering" Diamond Dallas Page using the catchphrase "DDP is live, self-high-five!" but I now I think my brain made that up.

lol

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

that's a good catchphrase and it does sound like something DDP would come up with

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

chris nowinski and scott steiner debating foreign policy

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

WWE invited Michael Sam (first openly gay NFL player) to come on to RAW after he got cut.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The distinct, bizarre tiny outline of funaki's penis in a poster of him that came in RAW magazine or WWF magazine at some point in the 90s.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
the rock calling kevin kelly a "hermaphrodite" to deafening cheers from the live crowd

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

steve allen pissing off the bolsheviks by promising to play the russian national anthem on the piano and then playing nursery rhymes. this happened in a bathroom for some reason. they got super pissed when a toilet flushed.

edit: also bob uecker doing guest commentary on a jimmy snuka match and saying snuka was so ugly that "dracula flew in his window, took one look at him and bit the bedpost" which makes me laugh to this day

Critical fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 5, 2021

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Paul Orndorff inexplicably showing up on popular Australian variety show Hey Hey It's Saturday in 1991 in the middle of an album review/promotion, eats a CD and attacks Molly Meldrum. Then more wrestlers show up and start attacking the set and the rest of the cast. I was only a little kid so it was kind of shocking enough to just never forget for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL2_Ca_ewW0

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hardcore holly wouldnt sign my dreamcast

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Tato posted:

Because of this forum, I don't think I'll ever forget the random John Cena vs LORD TENSAI match on Raw that ended via DQ, because for some reason lots of people remembered it as Tensai going clean over Cena.

you mean the match where otunga and sakimoto interfered and then he hit cena with the green mist? unless you mean another match, that was an extreme rules match and there was no dq. Tensai won. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOLJOoCPmME

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i remember being a kid and we stayed at the omni center in atlanta and we saw hulk hogan going up the escalator in full wrestling gear. my older brother got flustered by the power of hulkamania and was like "dont look at him! stop looking at him!"

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Mulaney Power Move posted:

you mean the match where otunga and sakimoto interfered and then he hit cena with the green mist? unless you mean another match, that was an extreme rules match and there was no dq. Tensai won. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOLJOoCPmME

You know going from a prince to a lord must have been really hard for Matt Bloom. No one likes being demoted.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

he had choo choo sounds before brown strogman. go back and watch his wrestlemania match with undertaker. they totally do the train sound thing in the middle of the match. i am not kidding.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Marc Mero & Sable having this weird abusive spouse storyline where he made her dress up as a reindeer.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Alaois posted:

when i was 7 i randomly turned on raw and saw kane chokeslam tori and then i didn't watch wrestling again for 15 years

legitimately smart

I quit for quite awhile over Rikishi doing his thing while I had it on when I was over at my grandmother's house.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I was at a Raw taping in the mid-90s, and they must have screwed up something during an Adam Bomb vs Kwang match, because later in the night they redid the exact same match with the exact same ending and everyone in the audience was really confused.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

that bobby roode is a former nwa: cyberspace internet champion

a real belt in a real promotion that existed in the brief window of human history where people didn't laugh or stare blankly at the word "cyberspace"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I've been trying to find a clip of this for years. WWE-era Scott Steiner does a move and then starts doing push ups like he usually does. You know, typical stuff. But JR loses his goddamn mind. He's yelling "THE PUSH-UPS! THE PUSH-UPS! MY GAWD! THE INTIMIDATING PUSH-UPS... FROM THE BIG BAD BOOTY DADDY!" And it has always stuck with me.