Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
During the whole Hulk Hogan vs. gawker thing Hogan made a tweet that simply said gawker. Most people assumed he was confusing twitter and google. But I thought he just muttered gawker and shaked his fist angrily.

Then again, he didn't sign it HH so maybe it really was supposed to go into google.

Anyway, yeah, I just remembered this wrestling adjacent thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Jerry Lawler feuding with Goldust in ‘97. Lawler had a promo where he said something like “Dakota? I heard her name was Target, since all the guys in town have had a shot at her!”

Dakota was four years old at the time.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Tato posted:

Jerry Lawler feuding with Goldust in ‘97. Lawler had a promo where he said something like “Dakota? I heard her name was Target, since all the guys in town have had a shot at her!”

I mean, it IS Jerry Lawler.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Tato posted:

That was an unbelievably hosed up feud. Just some of the absolute worst poo poo of the attitude era, which is really saying something.

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Tato posted:

not the MOST insane thing lawler said on air during this feud as I weirdly specifically somehow remember

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Dusty Rhodes hassling Tony Schiavone for saying "Yakuza Kick" and Bobby Heenan going off. "He kicked a man in the face, Schiavone!"

Kevin Sullivan picking the petals off a dead flower as part of his War Games promo

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 24, 2021

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Bumping this ancient thread because I just remembered it exists...

Also I remembered this from 2018's G1

More refs should just refuse to count a pin and call for the DQ instead because they can be reasonably sure there was interference.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I saw an old lady give birth to a hand

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

That time Hogan was feuding with the Undertaker, and was supposed to chase him via motorcycle. But Hogan doesn't actually know much about motorcycles, and though 'Taker kept stalling for time, eventually it strained all credulity and he had to run backstage. Hogan keeps fighting with the motorcycle, and eventually just parks it on the ramp and tries to run backstage on foot. About halfway there, he remembers that the pre-taped segment has him riding the motorcycle backstage, chasing the Undertaker, so he runs back down the ramp, and slowly works the motorcycle up and back through the curtain.

quote:

The dumbass wasn't giving it enough throttle to take off on an incline. Especially with a cold ( carbureted ) motor. He also appeared to be dumping the clutch, and then getting scared when it lunged forward, and hitting the brakes.

Speaking of the Undertaker, they spent weeks hyping up Nathan Jones as this dangerous Australian prison guy who was supposed to be a psychopath in the Hannibal Lecter mold. Jones legitimately did time in prison for armed robbery, so I guess it make sense to take advantage of this? He would sit in dark rooms and be interviewed on how he likes the dark, because he feels more comfortable alone in the dark darkness. He then spent one afternoon with the Undertaker, and was suddenly a jocular and happy fellow. The way he said "Thanks for showing me the ropes, Un-da-tay-kah!" pops into my head at least once a week.

Toph Bei Fong fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 17, 2021

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

TremorX posted:

I saw an old lady give birth to a hand

SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS

Vince thought it was funny, it was his demand

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Monster Truck Sumo match between Hulk Hogan and The Giant

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!
Steven Regal during some random WCW interview calling someone an oxygen thief.

Schiavone’s “Two count on the surfboard!” from the Nasty Boys and Public Enemy dog collar match.

Speaking of the Nastys, I remember when I was about 10 going to a WWF house show and Repo Man was in a singles match with I think Knobbs who yelled into the mic “The Nasty Boys are going to repossess your rear end!” before attacking Repo.

And two things from everybody entering the ring for WCW’s First World War 3 battle royal. One Man Gang laughing then very audibly bellowing “YEEEEEAAAAAAH!” The other was when Big Train Bart was announced, Bobby Heenan said “The janitor,” which almost seemed accidental if not so befitting.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Sylvester Terkay vs Dustin Starr on some smackdown from 2006. He had 'STARR STRUCK' on his trunks and Terkay just brutally killed him

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Terkay was built like a loving monster when he first came in and then he had to wrestle someone who wasn't a jobber and ..oh...welp

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

IGgy IGsen posted:

Monster Truck Sumo match between Hulk Hogan and The Giant

The Giant falling off the roof and showing up without a scratch for the main event

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in the triple threat match at wrestlemania 17 between raven, kane, and the big show, raven kept driving around a golf cart and he kept dragging poo poo around and driving over cables and it instilled an insane amount of anxiety in me that he was going to rip one of the cables and cut the power to the cameras and the entire arena as well as electrocute himself and they would have to come back on the air and announce that raven had accidentally killed himself. i was as uneasy during that match as the first time i went on a rollercoaster with that feeling like you're constantly pushing something down inside yourself. it felt like that match took 30 minutes even though it was 9 minutes and 28 seconds long

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
That's probably the best hardcore match the WWE had. Raven being tossed through a window while being choked with a cable was a cool spot. And Kane and Show punching through the dainty backstage sets like terminator 2 ruled.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4NRQy2t854

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I have a very large vocabulary

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

this was their plan

they wrote it down on paper

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

prince devitt doing a top rope double stomp on danshoku dino's dick and balls and winning the match because of it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The miracle on 34th Street fight

e:wtf they did more than one of these. David otunga v randy orton where otunga sold a present like he'd been hit by a car

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
scoopTHIS dot com and the Adventures of the nWo B-Team

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

Been listening to old Deadlock Episodes lately so this particular moment has been on my mind a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I95HoxVPC0

I thought about this this moning.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

this specific Briand and Vinny clip (starts at relevant part) of the funniest tag team promo video of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asukXln1rMc&t=89s

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3__ALHeHeiM

Not very long ago, but this one will stick with me for a while

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
An angle where Crush attacked a fan in an episode of Superstars because he got called a Loser Jailbird.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
I misheard “Val Venis” the first time I came across him, and spent some time thinking he was called Velvet Penis.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

that picture of nasty boy brian knobbs stretching his rear end open and his anus not being a hole but a vertical slit. like wtf

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

nastce.cx

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Hogan doing a back rake on his opponent in the ring and never getting even a warning from the ref for this vile, heelish act.

Hogan was always a heel.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Nystral posted:

Hogan doing a back rake on his opponent in the ring and never getting even a warning from the ref for this vile, heelish act.

Hogan was always a heel.

Rumble 92(?) where he got eliminated and pulled sid out of the ring from the outside and the elimination stood. loving disgrace

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Numero6 posted:

An angle where Crush attacked a fan in an episode of Superstars because he got called a Loser Jailbird.

he never feuded with Smash but they had one match at Summerslam in their post-Demolition gimmicks

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
A trash can falling over at some indie show about 15 years ago where you can hear someone in the crowd say "hey look, it's Nick Gage's career!"

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
In WCW Shane Douglas was supposed to do a run in during a match on Nitro and he missed his cue so bad,y that he runs down with only one boot on and holding the other as he hits the ring. Just knew then his career in WCW was over. Then the Radicalz left him high and dry.. to this day I think of that stupid run in and laugh about Shane Douglas with one boot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
More like Shane Dumbass.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!