Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I have never played a Myst, but I recently finished Obduction, which as far as I could tell is the same genre?

It rules. I loved how all of the puzzles made sense within the gameworld. I also really liked how it dropped all those red herrings and made fun of convoluted puzzle logic, but never actually asks you to do any stupid bullshit. Felt very big brained afterwards. Also the environments look pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

oh poo poo, I just realised that in Slipways asteroids do not give you passive income, you consume them for a one time payout

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

WhiteHowler posted:

I've played six games of Slipways now, and I have never, ever even come close to running out of money. Which means I'm almost certainly doing something wrong. I finished my third regular game with three stars, and beat the first Campaign scenario.

Also, I noticed that completing the first tier of tasks for a council race rewards you with something like "X race items added to events". I have no idea what that means. What events?

I'm doing the campaign, and the scenario where you connect 4 ancient labs is so goddamn tight with money it's unreal. Almost cleared it today after like 10 tries, but missed it by one point because my happiness slipped below 100% lol

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Play posted:

Thanks. When would you say is a good time to build the first lab, after how many settled planets?

One. Seriously, plop down a lab as soon as possible. Stuff like solar panels is super useful.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I've reinstalled SHENZEN I/O after getting halfway through the campaign a few years ago and jeez, I forgot how hardcore it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

pushing blocks and pumplins (explosive) onto buttons to make bondage gear disappear from a bird, usually so you can then get to a vegetable which are currency you can trade for more teleport stuff.

Thanks, but I play games to forget about everyday life