Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

Regarding Slipways: I find it quite interesting.

What I'm wondering about is how much the perceived difficulty has to do with the map vs with your choices. Here is a map I found extremely easy: JDZ-HVRNWAMCD (on challenging, no quirks). I kept having the impression that everything worked out perfectly and got way more succesfull/prosperous planets than usual (27E, 17S, 7P). Looking back I'm sure I could have done way better than my 16k score. I wonder whether everybody would agree with me on this being an easy map?
It seems perfectly possible to me that somebody else takes this map, makes a slightly different choice at the start, and because of this has a completely different experience. Or goes an entirely different route and does way better than me despite choosing different planets/options.

Perk/council choices the geology perk and the establishment tech were essential.

Walh Hara fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jun 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

Slipways chat: since switching to challenging difficulty I don't prioritise labs that much anymore. Main priority is to get some planets to succesfull as soon as possible, because that's the best way to get money. I only start building labs when money is no longer an issue at the end of the year.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I believe the way it works is, if you don't have the paid version, you must get at least 3*(number of levels) stars in a chapter to move on to the next chapter. So you can have a buffer if you get the special 4th star on a few levels, but you really gotta get those best scores. By the end just completing them is hard. If you pay, you just have to solve each level in any number of moves to move to the next chapter.

Re: https://www.euclidea.xyz
No, there's just a big difference between the website and the app. On the app you need all stars, including the hidden ones. The website works the same as if you paid the app.

It's a lot of fun! I've studied mathematics so this is really my kind of thing, but it's indeed really hard.