Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005
I can't blame anyone for finding Shenzhen I/O difficult (it's considered one of the harder Zachtronics games even), but also I don't think the early-mid part of the game is impenetrable unless you're having trouble with one of the core mechanics (how xbus works trips up a lot of people).

Unrelated puzzle game stuff: I am playing Filament and it is extremely difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005

Hawkperson posted:

Being still new to Zachtronics games I'm curious how much people like to try to optimize their machines, and if so do they do it during their first run or after completing the game?
Some of us even do the former at the expense of the latter :v:

But in general I think it's better to finish levels so that they can keep challenging you. If you get too familiar with the mechanics you can get bored of them.

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005
I think you've basically got it? Nine locations and a 3x3 grid of 3x3 grids

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005

bawk posted:

Happy to have played it and beat it. I wish there was a way to know whether I solved all 100% of the puzzles, though. Best I can say is that I opened every shortcut, and did all of the puzzles including the bonus ones hidden behind the waterfall
There is a low tech way to know, and that's just comparing the number of puzzles solved listed in the save file to the total (445)