Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm currently enjoying Grindstone on the switch as my brainless go to game, which I am enjoying a lot. Not sure what you'd call this genre, maybe Arcade Puzzle? I just find chaining monsters together really satisfying and the art reminds me of either Snood or Adventure Time depending on how you're feeling. With a toddler I don't feel like I have a ton of heavy brain time to invest into games that want to be more immersive or whatever.

This thread is great, there's a ton of stuff I've never heard of. Thanks OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
For those looking for an excellent puzzle-platormer, much moreso puzzle than platformer (so far), I just want to recommend The Pedestrian, which is on gamepass as of a few weeks ago. I just started it last night and it tickles my brain in a really satisfying way.

You are a little stick man or woman, interacting with 2D environments within a larger 3D space. Puzzles so far involve rearranging the 2D fields and connecting various ladders and doors to eventually find the way to the next area.

It doesn't seem really hard so far, but that's not really what I'm into. It kind of reminds my brain of how I felt first playing Mario Galaxy - think spatial arrangement puzzles and such.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

ultrafilter posted:

It's a good game but definitely gets tough later on.

I can totally imagine that. Looking forward to it!