Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
The weekly challenge for Slipways is really fun (week #1 ground floor baby), the modifiers are extra people and fewer robots which means you can really pump up Culture bonuses. I ended up scoring just north of 16k and got my first Platinum, feeling pretty good about that

edit:

Ben Nerevarine fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Panzeh posted:

The nice thing about teching is that building things on a planet itself does not actually take any time which is very helpful.

This is an important point of optimization, as well as trading unallocated resources (culture, energy, ambiguous exports, etc)

I’ve discovered that my rampant scouting is fine on normal difficulty but completely cripples my early game on Tough. I can basically ignore money on normal—not at all the case on higher difficulties

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
If you’re ever unsure if a slipway is trading between planets, zoom in to look for the little ships traveling along the slipway. The traffic flow represents the direction(s) of trade. No ships, no trade