Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
also I think an emergency trial is required to activate a PSE burst now, so once it hits 4 you're just praying for a trial to show up, and praying that a stray kill doesn't push it back down to three :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

It's a shame that they're not re-running the season event Urgents and questlines in PSO2. They were fun little novelties that managed to pack in more Sega fanservice than they had any right to. My first event Urgent was Beach Wars, and I was really amused that they used the excuse to play Outrun 2006 music (a game that will never, ever be rereleased in any form due to the Ferrari license). We got these kinds of things for what, a whole one year? Kinda depressing.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

i was hooting and hollering when they had the space channel 5 p2 credits theme playing during the halloween urgent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVNs74Nyhtw

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
The best one of those will always be the Easter quest that played the Eggman theme from Sonic Adventure 2.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
man i can't wait for mining defense but you can't see loving anything because of trees and landmass

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

TD isn't that bad really.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

It's... alright I suppose, but once I play around with it on different classes we're back to nothing happening for over a month at a time again. Once I get the evolcoat weapons I want its back to the resol forest mines assuming I have podcasts I want to burn through

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Well I hit an interesting bug last night.

If you manage to use the Wired Lances weapon action that pulls you toward an enemy and get teleported to an urgent quest mid-flight, you'll end up stuck in the flying kick pose and unable to move. Thankfully it did fix itself after about 90 seconds, because I was worried I would need to log out.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hey, do you guys like Sonic?

How about being able to Naruto run?

Oh, bouncer’s cool too I guess.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Sega know what they're doing by locking the Sonic spin dash motion behind buying AC because it will probably lead to me spending money on the game for the first time since NGS launched (unless it's something stupid like buy 10k AC).

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
You know it's going to be "pull the scratch 45 times" again. :argh:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I think the slide said it might be a "buy premium set" campaign; worse case you just buy a premium set ticket and sit on it until there's a reason to use premium again

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 25, 2021

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
In the headline video they said that you get accessories and motion changes from a use AC campaign, the premium campaign is to get an emote (presumably the one that just changes your character into a model of Sonic or Tails).

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Brand new player here. I remember playing PSO1 on the original Xbox at a friend's house in high school, and I played the PSU demo on Xbox 360 but never the full game. Discovered this game during a wave of nostalgia and google searches and enjoying it so far.

Completed the tutorial and the game is really cool, but one minor thing is bugging me. Anyone know why my Gundam wannabe CAST dude is hover-handing his rifle in the idle pose, but can hold onto it just fine while firing?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Sega know what they're doing by locking the Sonic spin dash motion behind buying AC because it will probably lead to me spending money on the game for the first time since NGS launched (unless it's something stupid like buy 10k AC).
gently caress

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

100 earth dollars for a spin emote

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Pearnicious posted:

Brand new player here. I remember playing PSO1 on the original Xbox at a friend's house in high school, and I played the PSU demo on Xbox 360 but never the full game. Discovered this game during a wave of nostalgia and google searches and enjoying it so far.

Completed the tutorial and the game is really cool, but one minor thing is bugging me. Anyone know why my Gundam wannabe CAST dude is hover-handing his rifle in the idle pose, but can hold onto it just fine while firing?

Pretty sure this is because you're using old PSO2 robot parts instead of the (more limited selection) ones from PSO2:NGS, after the graphical update.
You can switch between any robot bits you own for free at any time in the salon and you own all of the NGS ones that were available in char creation so you can try those out... but they will change the look of your character so you might prefer to stay the way you are and just deal with the lo-fi animations.

edit: wait are you? I don't remember which parts are which, maybe that's an NGS set and I'm talking out of my rear end

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 1, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

sakai pls

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

That's even worse than what I predicted. By 10 whole dollars!

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

they're making it really loving hard to play this game lol. I do my dailies and I've get to see an Mining UQ. It's really frustrating that there's barely any new content, yet there's a constant barrage of paid-cosmetics churned out.

100 dollars for a sonic spin, fuckin lol

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Skeletome posted:

they're making it really loving hard to play this game lol. I do my dailies and I've get to see an Mining UQ. It's really frustrating that there's barely any new content, yet there's a constant barrage of paid-cosmetics churned out.

100 dollars for a sonic spin, fuckin lol

That's pretty much where I'm at. It's great and all that I can knock out my dailies in 15 minutes, but it would be nice if there was more to actually do on days when I have more time to play. They're not even really adding any CAST parts, so even the paid cosmetics aren't catering to me!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yeah, I’ll third that notion. It’s a shame because everything I was super excited about for NGS is technically there, but it’s wrapped in a bunch of bad design decisions and a huge lack of content. The scratches have barely anything I’m interested in and while having a free SG ticket a day is great in theory, the fact that they never remove stuff from it makes it harder and harder to get what you want. The lack of content I can understand what with COVID and all, but the other stuff doesn’t have that excuse.

Oh, and the whole scratch bonus thing with the spin dash. That’s just shameful. Guess I better start saving meseta for when it’s on the player market.
…it’ll sellable right?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I feel like I'm sort of a weird inverse but ending up in the same point. Playing fashion games was one of my favorite pastimes in OG, and it's gotten so much better here, but the actual mechanics on offer in the gameplay proper bore me to tears. Everything's gotten so homogenized and undertuned that it just feels like someone put a brick under the accelerator.

I'm kinda pinning my hopes on future updates doing better and allowing more flexibility in playstyle than what's currently so rigid by design, but I also have no idea how long that's gonna take.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I can understand being frustrated with the slower combat. Vanilla PSO2 is really fast paced and you can pretty much just tear through most basic enemies on your way to the boss, while NGS seems to be going back to the older pace and difficulty. I like the former and it felt great, but at a certain point I felt almost like I was playing a musou game on some quests. NGS feels a bit like a missing link between PSO2 and the original PSO when it comes to enemy encounters while keeping a lot of the fast paced weapon gameplay.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

…it’ll sellable right?

You know the answer to this.

Also PSO games are always sloggish to start. You never really "mow through" things until later levels and get the overpowered gear. This has been a regular thing since the very first PSO.

MR. J fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Sep 2, 2021

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
the best we can hope for is maybe this time they actually got the wake-up call about launching a new game/expansion with a demo's worth of content; though this time around I think there might have been a lot of other surrounding circumstances that influenced things, ranging from the change to Work-From-Home potentially throwing a wrench in their system that let some big bugs slip through and have to pull the breaks on PSO2c updates on the JP server for an entire month back in February/March (something I've never seen happen with them), to the 10th anniversary being next year possibly putting them in a weird position that they wanted to have NGS "off the ground" for so they could possibly do something cool in-game for that, because if they still sat on NGS until after the 10th anniversary the suits up top probably wouldn't let them devote the effort to doing something cool in classic for the 10th while still working on NGS idk.

It still stinks, the only hope I got right now is that nugget of information in that interview a week or two ago saying that Trigger Quests will be more akin to Cocoons in terms of quest format, so I hope that winds up being the content people have been itching for. I do not have high hopes for the new area in winter because all I can truly expect as of now is just more of everything we already have. New class skills might bring more to the table, like maybe adding more functionality to wand counters or adding an effect to a successful rifle weapon action dodge.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Pretty sure this is because you're using old PSO2 robot parts instead of the (more limited selection) ones from PSO2:NGS, after the graphical update.
You can switch between any robot bits you own for free at any time in the salon and you own all of the NGS ones that were available in char creation so you can try those out... but they will change the look of your character so you might prefer to stay the way you are and just deal with the lo-fi animations.

edit: wait are you? I don't remember which parts are which, maybe that's an NGS set and I'm talking out of my rear end

I'm sure your guess is better than mine. I'll probably spend some time at some point over the weekend trying out different stuff in the salon; maybe I've made my gundam's proportions all goofy or something.

This is what I've got so far:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Ok those are actually the new HD body parts. I was just fooled by the screenshot somehow. (Do you have low texture resolution set in the options?)
In that case I have no clue why the gun is misaligned.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Find a bigger gun(camo)?

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Ok those are actually the new HD body parts. I was just fooled by the screenshot somehow. (Do you have low texture resolution set in the options?)
In that case I have no clue why the gun is misaligned.

I'm only running on medium graphics settings, and I think imgur compresses the image when it's uploaded too, so it's definitely not as crisp as it could be.

No big deal, maybe I'll find a sick weapon camo that masks it or something.

Unless it costs 100 bux like that Sonic spin emote, lmao no.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Well Steam ate my installation, and I don't feel like redownloading 90 gigs to keep doing the same 10 minutes of content every day. Maybe I'll check back in a few years when there is some actual content to play.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
honestly? yeah that's fair. part of what I was afraid of when they announced NGS was that it was going to be 2012 pso2 all over again in terms of content. and I was 100% correct.

part of why I was excited for the global server with classic was just because everyone got to skip the first few years, it's a shame so many folk just kinda skipped out on all of classic altogether once they announced NGS

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
It wasn't just new players skipping PSO2. With the release of NGS basically 90% of the playerbase who was already online in PSO2 classic moved over, and they haven't been back.

I was trying to level up in PSO2 to unlock Etoile and run around doing cool wand lasers cus it looked pretty fun but basically nobody was playing so it would just be 10 million years of soloing everything until level cap. And the economy in base pso2 is ultra borked too because just a few weeks(?) before NGS launch they had some kinda limited-time event that people farmed for billions of meseta, ex-cubes, and 15* weapons. So anyone who didn't play for that is basically unable to buy anything on the marketboard because of the massive inflation.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

NextTime000 posted:

honestly? yeah that's fair. part of what I was afraid of when they announced NGS was that it was going to be 2012 pso2 all over again in terms of content. and I was 100% correct.

part of why I was excited for the global server with classic was just because everyone got to skip the first few years, it's a shame so many folk just kinda skipped out on all of classic altogether once they announced NGS

I had cleared all the story stuff in classic, and had the classes I enjoyed playing to max level. It didn't seem worth it to try and grind out perfect equipment after that, since no more content would be coming.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

One thing that helped kill the game was the forced hour+ long NGS tutorial for every player. They should have:

A) Let the player choose between the games from the start, not just after the tutorial. Sure, make the cursor default to NGS when you select a character and have some tutorial popups about it! That's fine. But forcing everyone in as soon as they started up was a bad choice IMO.

B) Let you access major gameplay features like grinding and subclasses when you play as another character instead of making you unlock them all again even when you skip the tutorial.

At this point I'm just signing on to do the free scratch and try to get the stubble to complete my dear beautiful Jim, or do my dailies while I'm listening to a podcast or something. Once the IRL friend I played classic with is free I'll probably go back to that for a bit.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Original PSO at least had the carrot of cool rare loot to keep me playing. NGS has the bones of a fun game but once I finished exploring everything I got bored of logging in once a day to do dailies and scrounge for minerals. Hopefully there's more game there when the new region comes out in a couple months.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I've turned around on even NGS's gameplay and feel like they dumbed it down way too much. I recently pulled up an old video of mine fighting Phaleg in NA back on release and it reminded me of how fighter plays in base PSO2 vs NGS, and it's insane just how much more to it there was compared to playing the class in NGS. Hope they can turn things around but they seem to have really messed up so far.

E: Also NGS braver is honestly kind of embarrassing compared to base braver. They took all the mechanics that made katana interesting to play and instead made it a "hold one button" class (much like many of the NGS classes)

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Oct 3, 2021

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yeah Braver is a huge downgrade. I used to love playing the class but now it’s just kinda eh. I actually like Hunter better now though. I just wish there were more photon arts to use, the same ones over and over get boring.

I wonder if Sega’s actually reading and responding to feedback with the game… there has to be at least some backlash from the Japanese player base, right?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

They would have to fix their control scheme before even thinking about adding more photon arts. The 6 total slots across the front and back palette weren't enough in base pso2, it only kinda works now because of how stripped down weapons are now if you aren't using a multiweapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Braver feels like a downgrade (I thought they were going to lean on the timing based charge attacks) but I feel like the rest of the classes are more fun to play now. I do come at this from the perspective of someone who mainly played Techter, so 2 PAs is a massive upgrade and 3 is luxury.

In other news, here's my edgy Cyber Oni phasion.