Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

7c Nickel posted:

Also cusses.

You can do that on your own simply by deleting a specific file. That gets replaced every patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Is it the PSO2 Tweaker that lets you turn off the censoring? I never saw it since I use it, but a bunch of my friends have it and I don't recall changing any settings for it in-game. Seeing stuff like Sa#$%&ay and s%&$s instead of Saturday and shoes would be a blast from the past though, the old word filter was hilarious with what it would block.

e: That answers that question

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Coxswain Balls posted:

Is it the PSO2 Tweaker that lets you turn off the censoring? I never saw it since I use it, but a bunch of my friends have it and I don't recall changing any settings for it in-game. Seeing stuff like Sa#$%&ay and s%&$s instead of Saturday and shoes would be a blast from the past though, the old word filter was hilarious with what it would block.

e: That answers that question

It is in-fact the same filter file from PSO and PSU, with some additions. Like assgoblin.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im repairing one last time and if it doesn't work I'm giving up and installing it on the windows store.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im repairing one last time and if it doesn't work I'm giving up and installing it on the windows store.

a fate worse than not playing

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

eonwe posted:

Seriously, I switched to the Windows Store for the CBT and the game stopped booting for me last week. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it disappeared from my programs but was still holding on to 80GB of hard drive space. I had to do a bunch of loving around with filesystem permissions to fix it and I'm pretty sure there's still a couple gigabytes being used by it somewhere. Some people had to completely reinstall Windows to fully resolve it which is absurd.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

eonwe posted:

Literally. WinStore loves to break itself and then permissions-gently caress the many GB the install takes, cordoning off huge chunks of your drive you have to pull teeth to get back.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Please bring the servers back up already.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Everyone went through poo poo when the game launched originally on the windows store but I had 0 issues installing NG beta and playing in it. Ive already gone through like 200GB of download today and I dont even know if it'll work.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

I said come in! posted:

Please bring the servers back up already.

Allegedly back in five hours.
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1402037896706658310

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

It is in-fact the same filter file from PSO and PSU, with some additions. Like assgoblin.

tag yourself I'm fredfuckstone

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Dabir posted:

i didn't know james rolfe worked at sega

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Everyone went through poo poo when the game launched originally on the windows store but I had 0 issues installing NG beta and playing in it. Ive already gone through like 200GB of download today and I dont even know if it'll work.

I had the same problem as you and then I found this:

quote:

1. Open %LocalAppData%/SEGA/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM
2. Create a text file named steamupdate.txt
3. Put v70000_rc_135 inside it, by itself

should fix the problem

and it fixed it? i have no idea why but it did

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Dabir posted:

Bro thats sugoiasfuck

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

If I wanna make a gunner/hunter do I start as one and level the other later

I tried both in the beta and I liked that one was Devil May Cry and one was Monster Hunter

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Assuming you mean base pso2, start with gunner and then when you unlock subclasses at lv20 you can set it as hunter and it'll slowly gain exp alongside gunner.
Eventually you will want to swap to hunter as main, though since subs stop gaining exp at a certain level, so prepare for that with weapons and such.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Considering they said 'beta', probably not J :v:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I tried both in the beta and I liked that one was Devil May Cry and one was Monster Hunter

Yeah just start as a gunner then set hunter to your subclass, and then probably once you hit cap on your gunner start leveling your hunter

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

kirbysuperstar posted:

Considering they said 'beta', probably not J :v:

Yeah well i haven't even heard if subbing is in ng so there

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This reddit post claims you can fix it with just a txt file:

quote:

1. Press Win+R to open the Run dialog
  2. Run %LocalAppData%
  3. Create a directory named SEGA if it doesn't exist yet, then open it.
  4. Create a directory named PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM if it doesn't exist yet, then open it.
  5. Create a file name steamupdate.txt by right clicking > New > Text Document (IF FILE EXTENSION ARE HIDDEN IN WINDOWS EXPLORER YOU NEED TO NAME THIS steamupdate INSTEAD)
  6. Open the new file in Notepad
  7. Put the text v70000_rc_135 and save it.

Voila. Your launcher will work again. Repeat these steps if it breaks.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

If they haven't added in a quest (beta didn't have one, but then that's no guarantee) you just go to the class counter and select subclass.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Well, about that.

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1402526525115625476

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Welp, looks like I get to sleep tonight after all.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
For reference, the Japanese site's announcement for the delay says they'll follow up roughly 2 and a half hours after that tweet.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I knew there was know way they'd come out of maintenance on time. Maybe we'll get some free star gems at least?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Next update at 9 am EST. Should have slept but ohh well.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1402574233528684546?s=20

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Didn't play much before but kinda want to link old account so i don't have to re-add friends, but gently caress having to reinstall the game on the old platform just for that.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Well look at that, it actually worked.

Thanks

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
ONE MORE!

https://twitter.com/Dieeeego10/status/1402613653141131266

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

This did the trick, thanks! Now I can wait on the ship select screen with the rest of you :toot:

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Good news on that steam issue, looks like they fixed it so you don’t have to change any local app data

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1402620500426346500?s=21

Funnily enough when this cropped up for me last night just launching the steam version through the tweaker worked just fine since it was a launcher issue

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

if you wanna play gunner AND hunter yeah; but I think if you just wanna main gunner your subclass level doesn't matter in NGS. Skill points are earned by completing Cocoon trials, and those skill points are unlocked for all skill trees; meanwhile we no-longer gain any stats from our subclass's current level.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Looks like i made the right decision to just sleep in. Ill be nice and refreshed for that Force Lyfe.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

So do I need to do anything to import my character from PSO2? How do I even boot up the original game in Steam anymore?

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I thought about staying up for launch, and then I thought, "I am a full grown adult, why would I schedule my life around anime?"

a very bad and dumb choice that paid off this one time

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
It’s 2021. The real launch day is always launch day+1.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Baggot posted:

So do I need to do anything to import my character from PSO2? How do I even boot up the original game in Steam anymore?

You don’t need to do anything. Once the servers are up you just go to a place that you can change blocks and you’re free to swap between pso2-classic and new genesis.

The only thing that isn’t shared is your character inventory, so you have to throw any units or weapons you want to use in new genesis into storage before swapping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1402656687346102272?s=20

Coming up on the end of maintenance it looks like.