Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

priznat posted:

Gawd I fired up 2042 first time in forever and tried the new map both breakthrough and conquest and just got constantly spawnkilled, like almost instantly if I spawned anywhere other than the hq.. What the heck?!

For me it feels like that is the experience for any new map. Takes a while to learn the flow.

This season had the extra inconvenience of them switching on the ADS change plus adding the recoil to ARs to make them not be lasers at range. But it only took a few rounds to get used to the changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I dusted off my Advancys and that thing is still a freakin laser if I can spot anyone before they beam me (usually not)

Not being able to see anyone first is the main issue I've had with battlefield since BFV, I dunno if it's just me getting old or what.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Played a few rounds just now, and I honestly couldn't really tell the difference with the new assault rifle recoil. Only tried the SFAR, but it still melts people at short, medium and long range at full auto

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008
New map rules and is great for Dozer, especially that Metro-esque zone in the middle. Barreling through that entrance with a shield and taking out 2 or 3 dudes that are inevitably hugging a corner never gets old.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

pootiebigwang posted:

New map rules and is great for Dozer, especially that Metro-esque zone in the middle. Barreling through that entrance with a shield and taking out 2 or 3 dudes that are inevitably hugging a corner never gets old.

Wait, as in you run around the corner or run through the wall? Because I started playing Dozer a bit more and holy gently caress is it funny watching four dudes shoot at my shield as I turtle and spot.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

pootiebigwang posted:

Yep, C1 on the new map is the hot place to be in Battlefield 2042

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I should try Dozer I usually use Boris.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

List your motherfuckin tags so we can get a squad going for S5 (I'm same handle as here)

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

priznat posted:

I dusted off my Advancys and that thing is still a freakin laser if I can spot anyone before they beam me (usually not)

Not being able to see anyone first is the main issue I've had with battlefield since BFV, I dunno if it's just me getting old or what.

It's got worse visuals than previous titles, exacerbated by both sides being identical with bad UI elements.

I'm assuming they fixed the miscolored/missing team indicators, and fixed players being invisible, warping, or frozen/invulnerable statues by now.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Why'd they have to get rid of 32v32. 64v64 just feels like too much of a poo poo show, plus the ridiculous frame drop.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

codo27 posted:

Why'd they have to get rid of 32v32. 64v64 just feels like too much of a poo poo show, plus the ridiculous frame drop.

The new map is 32 v 32

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

codo27 posted:

Hot Diggity! posted:

The new map is 32 v 32
They never got rid of 32v32 per se, it's just that there's just no good 32v32 conquest rotation when the Exodus Conquest playlist is not up

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Double XP for the next 4 days so get on that

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Was kinda hoping the AEK 971 would kick rear end with the new attachements but oh what have they done to it's recoil.
Anyone using it still ?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The RM isn't nerfed all that bad but I was playing the FNB last night and decided I needed something with some sustained firepower so I tried the PKP first, trash. Then I tried the avancys. I feel like fuckin Oppenheimer now

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

The only time I use the fat Russian lmg is when I'm playing door gunner/repair/missile Lis on a transport and want to take potshots with armor piercing rounds between missile cooldowns

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Pharmaskittle posted:

The only time I use the fat Russian lmg is when I'm playing door gunner/repair/missile Lis on a transport and want to take potshots with armor piercing rounds between missile cooldowns

Oh. Well good to know I wasn't weird in not wanting to full auto that standing. Gonna use it for the Portal weapon unlock and probably switch off of it always.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Does the game still do the bf4 thing where if you’re in a passenger seat it counts as you being prone with your bipod deployed if you have one

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Are any of the SMGs actually worth using? Maybe I am using them wrong, but yesterday I tried the vector, future bizon, mp9 and the ac9 and they all seem super underwhelming beyond pistol range at the cost of gimping you at anything outside of that- and they're not even THAT good at their intended range due to the low damage per round. The trade-off just doesn't seem worth it when all classes are free to pick assault rifles or turbolaser assault rifles with 100 round mags like the avancys

e: speaking of guns, the acw-r is really good now

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jun 11, 2023

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

Are any of the SMGs actually worth using?

I don't really use SMGs, but seems that Jack Frags uses the basic PP quite a bit, and shreds with it (but he is an excellent player). Probably not ideal, but he runs with the extended mag, which is 50+ rounds.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
M9 owns ac9 owns the first SMG owns that was the first gun I tier 1'd.

The itty bitty ak is really good

All my longest kill streaks are with SMGs. They reload so fast and have great ADS time. Slap a laser on them and don't even aim down sight if you want just fire away

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

codo27 posted:

The RM isn't nerfed all that bad but I was playing the FNB last night and decided I needed something with some sustained firepower so I tried the PKP first, trash. Then I tried the avancys. I feel like fuckin Oppenheimer now
Avancys is the best

XM8 is still great too, just lacking in advanced attachments.

verbal enema posted:

M9 owns ac9 owns the first SMG owns that was the first gun I tier 1'd.

The itty bitty ak is really good

All my longest kill streaks are with SMGs. They reload so fast and have great ADS time. Slap a laser on them and don't even aim down sight if you want just fire away
The AC9 needs a few unlocks so it feels underwhelming at first but it's a top tier SMG.

The K30 is/was the best SMG overall but it feels like it's been nerfed a bit? Or maybe I'm just rusty with it.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Yeah I love the one smg that looks like the counter strike UMP, it's just a baby assault rifle

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Help, does anyone know how to fic this kind of stutter? ignore the weird resolution, it just shrunk ultrawide.
I've tried to limit CPU core with a user.cfg to no success, tried every windows setting and gone from low to high, dlss off or on with no change.

I have a i5-9600k, 32gb of Ram and a 3080-ti, this is driving me nuts, no other game gives me this problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNrSkMOdz6k

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

WirelessPillow posted:

Help, does anyone know how to fic this kind of stutter?

It looks like something keeps stealing your screen focus. Try going into task manager and closing any programs you don't need. They might be causing this to happen, but also Easy Anti-cheat can do something like that if it detects a program it doesn't like

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I get a weird glitch too with similar system (9700k instead) its more like the game hangs on my last input but it isn't as drawn out as what you have there.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Closing Steam, Logitech Ghub and Steel series app appears to have helped a lot, though not 100%, it looks like its a processing power issue, BF2042 just takes so much resources my processor hitches.
BF2042 really wants all the processor and 9600k only has 6 cores

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

WirelessPillow posted:

Help, does anyone know how to fic this kind of stutter? ignore the weird resolution, it just shrunk ultrawide.
I've tried to limit CPU core with a user.cfg to no success, tried every windows setting and gone from low to high, dlss off or on with no change.

I have a i5-9600k, 32gb of Ram and a 3080-ti, this is driving me nuts, no other game gives me this problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNrSkMOdz6k

Go into services and unhook core 0 from the battlefield process- I've had luck with that when I have weird stutters

:ninja: : basically this but do it for bf instead of csgo, obv

"Open CS:GO, then open task manager. Right click CSGO.exe and left click "go to details", then find CSGO.exe and right click again. Left click "set affinity", then uncheck Core 0."

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

WirelessPillow posted:

BF2042 just takes so much resources my processor hitches.
BF2042 really wants all the processor and 9600k only has 6 cores

Yep, it just gobbles up cores. You have a beast of a GPU being held back by your CPU. Unfortunately, I think a sensible upgrade would require a new motherboard.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Between this and the disaster that is WZ2.0, I've been considering a refresh of my CPU/mobo/memory. Figure I'd jump up to 850w from 750, and might as well let the SSDs go if I sell the current skeleton. Priced it all up the other day, looking at over $1800 CAD with a new case to top it off. I feel I shouldn't have to make concessions at 1440p with a 3080ti. Anything under 100 fps is just unacceptable.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Yep, it just gobbles up cores. You have a beast of a GPU being held back by your CPU. Unfortunately, I think a sensible upgrade would require a new motherboard.

It would, and I am looking to get one but its not happening till the wife is done her Nursing degree lol

Bohemian Nights posted:

Go into services and unhook core 0 from the battlefield process- I've had luck with that when I have weird stutters

:ninja: : basically this but do it for bf instead of csgo, obv

"Open CS:GO, then open task manager. Right click CSGO.exe and left click "go to details", then find CSGO.exe and right click again. Left click "set affinity", then uncheck Core 0."

I'll give this a go tonight as well, thanks:
ended up not working, just says "no access"

WirelessPillow fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 12, 2023

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
This new map is actually really good for conquest- it kind of reminds me of a frontlines map

Damone
May 3, 2009
I've been playing fairly regularly again. Are there any specific discords set people hang out in to play this fascinating trashfire that somehow loops back into being really fun to play?

I'm currently hanging out at Marvelous Pro Elite Gaming myself, feel free to give me a holler https://discord.gg/cN6pmbGs

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Warad posted:

Well, anyone who was stupid enough to buy the Gold/Ultimate editions like me has more than enough BF coinz stocked up to get however more BPs get spat out at least.

I have yet to spend a single BF coin, so (before getting the new BP) I had something like 5800 saved up.

I keep waiting for the perfect package where I use all the characters/guns/vehicles, but it has yet to drop.

Assepoester posted:

XM8 is still great too, just lacking in advanced attachments.

I've been really enjoying the RPK and AEK among the portal weapons (though the AEK has felt weirdly worse in this new season, but it might just be subjective).

I like the RPK for similar reasons to the XM8, except it's even closer to the AR side of the spectrum. Both seem very accurate at medium-long ranges.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Cant stop playing this drat game. The drone class is unlike anything I ever played. You can watch the whole battlefield and clear out groups of guys by spotting them and watching your team actually do something because they are good at shooting red dots

also, in Reclaimed I will sit in a dumpster in the middle of the battle and no one ever comes in the dumpster

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Love using the drone. Also you notice an enemy just sitting there sniping oblivious to the world so quickly pop them and go back to revealing entire enemy pushes.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'd been enjoying the game but I picked up Jedi Survivor from SA Mart and its very, very good. Its nice to get a break from the monotony of this, which was nice to get a break from the monotony of the same map over and over in WZ. I'm sure I'll pop in for a few rounds over the weekend.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I’m trying to get my friends to come back to this. They played the first few months and dropped. Wish they would give it another try.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Pontificating rear end posted:

Cant stop playing this drat game. The drone class is unlike anything I ever played. You can watch the whole battlefield and clear out groups of guys by spotting them and watching your team actually do something because they are good at shooting red dots

also, in Reclaimed I will sit in a dumpster in the middle of the battle and no one ever comes in the dumpster

Hope you also go and zap enemy drones with EMP blasts. Seems so few people realise you can do that (also harrass enemy vehicles if they are pushing your team hard). Also, if someone has a sentinel trophy system down, you can use your drone to blow it up, then freely lob your grenades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

codo27 posted:

I'd been enjoying the game but I picked up Jedi Survivor from SA Mart and its very, very good. Its nice to get a break from the monotony of this, which was nice to get a break from the monotony of the same map over and over in WZ. I'm sure I'll pop in for a few rounds over the weekend.

I still have to pop in to get the Week 2 bonus. The issue is I'm juggling this primarily between The Finals' closed beta 2 and Forza's weeklies. Then I have to juggle Week 3 between XDefiant, Forza, and this.