Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Charles 1998 posted:

It's not just goons. Go check other social media platforms. Large amounts of people are disappointed with the gameplay and quality, unrelated to the bugs.

I wouldn't be surprised if this flops. This game is really alienating to a large amount of the fan base.

Yeah, can attest to this. The 128 player cap really did me in most of all though. It is just chaos everywhere and impossible to get some kind of team cohesion. It felt more like a futuristic COD ground war match than battlefield. (which is bad IMHO)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Chillgamesh posted:

Hardline was good actually

Yeah man, it wasnt perfect, but I had a lot of fun with Hardline. The weapons,vehicles and maps was a welcome change from gruff military stuff thats in every drat big shooter for the last 30 decades.

Also the gamemode where you gained points from stealing and driving around in certain vehicles was rad as gently caress

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Unpopular opinion; 32 to 48 players are the best player numbers for a battlefield game. Anything over that just devolves into chaos.

jisforjosh posted:

The Adolf Hitler skin for Passchendaele was a questionable, albeit historically accurate, addition

But for BF5 i felt it was tasteless :rimshot:

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Beastie posted:

Nah, if you log into 4 it’s supreme skylords in little birds just grinding you into paste.

I remember the hell of the engineer stacked littlebirds in BF4. Did they ever patch that out?

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
What really grinds my gears is that they didnt bring back the titan assault gamemode from Bf2142.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pharmaskittle posted:

As I've gotten older, one thing I've started enjoying is just observing other players doing what they do. Sometimes I'll follow a random player or ride along in the passenger seat of a pubbie driven vehicle, not for transportation or anything but just to see where they're going and what they're trying to do. Sometimes you see some really fascinating stuff and have to wonder what their thought process is.

I remember doing this back in Battlefield 2. On a whim i followed a sniper from the us spawn on Dragon valley. It is a fairly big map, a long chasm with a river in the middle. During our journey we rode cars, boats, a helicopter and then i almost lost him when he ditched a car off a cliff with me still inside it. I think it was 10 whole minutes of him just zigzagging around the map until he finally arrived at the enemy spawn and promptly got crushed by a tank driving through the bush he was in. When i asked him what his plan was, he replied "sniper" and disconnected.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CuddleCryptid posted:

One thing that 2042 did right and that was sorely lacking in BF1 and V is man portable anti air. The smart grenades, locking AA, recoiless rockets that you can somewhat reliably hit helis with, all kinds of stuff. Going back to BF1 its back to "well the Sweaty Sky God has disabled the AA and a sniper is camping the other turret so the game will not end for another 30 minutes but it has already been lost"

I still shudder when thinking about how bad the skygods were in BF2. One jet could effectively lock down the entire enemy team; its nose cannon could pinpoint snipe out infantry and tanks, infinite bombs for anything left over and NOTHING in the game could even remotely touch the jet.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The United States posted:

Speaking of near future modern warfare battlefield-ish games that failed miserably but can possibly make a comeback, WW3 looks a lot better than it did back when I played it a few years ago

It'll probably get saddled with a lot of terrible F2P grinding though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7sfvuFTGYQ

I remember buying it way back when it was released. Then it died without really taking off. I was happy to see it being revived, even as a F2P. But when i tried installing it last year it wanted me to sign up for a "mygames.ru" launcher in order to play the game. gently caress that. Especially now.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cpt Soban posted:

Look at any decent indy dev FPS game and they're all doing better than EA's 2042. Squad, Hell Let Loose, Sandstorm. It is very very funny watching a "AAA" multi million dollar gaming conglomerate flail and struggle.

I think it is because the indie FPSes find their niche and stick to it. The AAA game makers are becoming victims of their own analytics and try to do everything at once.
While it is god that the indie fps market is doing well, there is no one out there trying to do "battlefield" like stuff.( Except maybe battlebits, but the blocky cartoon graphics puts me off.)

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Laserface posted:

This was my whole thing. Flank, capture a point, lay mines or c4 and motion sensors and just own it for a match, hiding in bushes and buildings or setting up LMGs with scopes and hosing snipers from afar.

Sneaking in to a point, bringing in your buddies with a beacon and turning the tide of a game while also griefing the enemy with legitimate gameplay mechanics was the absolute best fun BF3/4 had to offer and they did everything in their power to ruin it.

It felt so good watching an entire match change because you managed to sneak around and backcap flags. Suddenly the stalemated line where you team threw away their tickets dissolve as the enemy team divert their attention. And if you capped the right flag, you might also get a new heavy vehicle spawn as well.

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 26, 2022

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Beastie posted:

The lack of tow tubes or placed heavy caliber guns really makes the maps feel empty

If DICE and EA get their poo poo together and make a proper battlefield in the future, I hope they include the thing from the enemy territory games where engineers could build various defenses and weapons at fixed positions on the map.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FrancisFukyomama posted:

fortifications and squad calls were both great BFV features that were inexplicably removed from this one, along with crouch running and leaning

I thought you meant Battlefield Vietnam at first. Coming to think of it, Battelfield Vietnam had some interesting mechanics as well, like factions having unique abilities. IIRC the Vietcong could dig tunnels to get an extra spawnpoint and such. Oh and the US had transport helicopters who could hook and lift vehicles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

loving Moron posted:

I keep sneaking behind them and dropping care packages on them.

I also do it to my own team's snipers.

I care about snipers a lot because they all seem to keep dying whenever my care packages land on them.

A classic move. I used to do this as a commander in BF2. Once they included vehicle drop to the commander abilities, i had twice the offensive power against snipers! The howling in general chat when a "W33dSm0kah_420" got a humvee in the nogging on top of a highrise never got old.