Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

whatever causes chud exodus is cool w/ me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

codo27 posted:

I dunno, theres just something about the art style that says fortnite to me at first glance. Maybe its that funky looking gun as well

It's def the face and the hat

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

put *clap* more *clap* furries *clap* in *clap* my *clap* murder *clap* game!!!!!

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

I always find these commercials to be off-putting and kinda hosed up

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

lmao that bit with the helicopter was, at maximum, 30 FPS

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

lmfao at the 20fps ray-tracing part

RTX doesn't necessarily mean "Ray Tracing". tbh doesn't look like there is all that much ray tracing in that demo, just enough to create a better version of ambient occlusion.

the whole RTX On thing is misleading, and market-y, but what else would one expect from video card manufacturers?

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Wait I can play this right now on piss5 if I pay 5 bux?

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Wow I am real bad at console shooters

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

So is this poo poo offline now? I played last night but now I'm getting an error about unable to load persistence data

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

BabelFish posted:

Looks like the servers are melting, got that error a couple times on login, then got into the client fine, now having issues joining servers.

Okay yeah that's probably it. I simple kept trying to rejoin and finally got in

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Lmao yeah just tell everybody to keep trying to log in, that's def gonna help

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Is there any way to change squads like in bf4 or has that been streamlined out

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Also lol if you ain't slam pickin Omar Little evey match

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

it feels like I'm spending a lot more time running between map objectives in 2042 as compared to like BF1 or BF4.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Okay man this game is starting to click for me. wingsuit and smg makes me a huge pest while playing solo in pub games. Flanks and back caps all day son!

Also never try to run for a distant point on foot. You're gonna get sniped or run over.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Wait does console not have aim assist?

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

God drat is a 2080 really not meeting recommend specs for this game? Holy poo poo

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

DrBox posted:

This is the first BF in a long time that I have felt competitive in vehicles with even the basic kit. All you're missing is emergency repair and you can get that in one or two games on any vehicle. I recently did the BF4 grind again and that was a nightmare in comparison. BF 5 is pretty bad too before you level tanks and aircraft.

PCs are more than just a video card. That's just usually the bottleneck, but not in this game.

yes, obviously. the guy specifically said a 2080 was not the rec specs for a video card.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

i was lucky enough to get in a VTOL with a guy who was an excellent pilot and we just mowed down everything. it was awesome

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Kinda sucks that weapon/vehicle progression is linked to kills specifically, and not XP like it used to be. I can't make progress on unlocking anything unless I get a confirmed kill or destroyed vehicles.

I checked. bailouts did not count towards kills for me (at least in regards to getting vehicle kills specifically).

So all the small bits of damage, or parts destroyed or whatever helpful thing I actually end up doing doesn't get counted unless it's a full kill/destroy

you still get progression for assists right? so even if you don't land the last hit on a thing/person you get something?

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

I figured out helicopters tonight. Much love to all the gunners out there

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Also I will always spawn with a hovercraft

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Wouldn't surprise me to learn this game is cpu bound. There are probably a lot of object calls with how huge the maps are and how many people are in them

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Hey does anyone know if this game is any good?

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

You know what, I'm glad the hovercraft is finally getting it's day in the sun

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Qmass posted:

is there any chance they can improve the performance of a CPU bottlenecked game post release ?

Well sure they can. The question is if they want to compromise on things that are causing the bottleneck. Which they probably won't.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

"Part Disabled 10 XP"

OK BUT WHAT PART

PART

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

The part disabled thing is extra frustrating because whenever I see that, the thing I shot usually carries on like nothing happened

Maybe my rockets are breaking lots of tail lights???

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

GoGoGadget posted:

I think it means that, on their end, some part on the vehicle is showing as red on the display. But what does that do? Who knows. When the propellers of a helicopter are showing as red, you'd think you'd start falling out of the sky - but you don't!

Yeah I've never been slowed down when a prop goes red. Sometimes if my heli is on fire, it's tough to get it balanced again, but its usually like 2 seconds of inconvenience before I slam the throttle up and lift out of range of whatever shot me.

The only times I've lost a heli are not coming out of a dive fast enough and hitting a building, landing awkwardly and rolling over, or getting shot by 2-3 rockets rapidly.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

ethanol posted:

getting sniped by the t28

Oddly enough, it hasn't happened to me in an actual conquest game yet but happened like 3 or 4 times when I was practicing flying in a solo game.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Man is it just me or is there a serious difference in maneuverability between the rus Hind and the US VTOL?

Seems like VTOL is always a sitting duck and super easy to kill, whereas a hind can zip out of any bad situation with 0 trouble.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Nobody told this guy that like every shooter has hotboxes that are basically the size and shape of a fridge, regardless of character model.

Obvs there are exceptions but battlefield isn't meant to be an esport or whatever

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I'm with you on the first one but that second one is totally broken. They are shooting her straight in the chest without a single bullet landing

Yeah that poo poo is def hosed

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, that checks out. The VTOL seems to have much worse acceleration in all directions while in hover mode, making it harder to weave around cover near your objective. Of course, then again it can just enter jet mode and zoom away real quick whenever it wants. I've even outrun a missile once or twice that way I think.

Ah poo poo there's a jet mode?!

Is there a way to control which side you spawn as while playing solo? The game only ever put me as rus so I never practiced VTOL flying

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Rusty posted:

It's pretty interesting they can make all sorts of changes to the game with no patching, I wonder if that means they can do gun balance whenever they want as well. If so, please fix ARs.

Patches depend on whether the problem is client side or server side. Client side changes usually require patches, but I guess it's conceivable dice did something to get around that (but I doubt it)

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Okay can someone link a guide on how to play spotter in a vehicle? I can zoom, I can hit the radar thing, and there's another deal on there that I can't figure out and also sometimes I got credit for a spot, sometimes I didn't.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Okay that def didn't work for me. maybe it was just servers on fire

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

man they gotta up XP across the board. more xp for repairs, vehicle damage, flag caps, healing, resupplies, etc are needed.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

DrBox posted:

Grenades also seem to do significant damage so make sure toss those in between M5 reloads. I'm torn on the balance. I like that one guy can't easily spawn with a rocket launcher and blow up a tank from range. Requires a little more team coordination with ammo, hacks or risk getting closer for C5. I do think disabling parts of the tank should be more impactful.

Yeah I feel like the number of shots it takes to kill a tank is fine. It'll get better as people pick up anti armor mines and get better with using hacks, but disabling a tank should absolutely be a thing. It sucks to hit vehicles a while bunch and they carry on like nothing happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Also I love the VTOLs in concept as a low mobility gun platform that can switch on high mobility and get the gently caress out, but in execution they are sitting ducks and get blown up far too often.

I think VTOLs should have faster countermeasure cooldowns. M5s are still a huge danger, but you don't get hosed as hard by locks.

Plus there seems to be some kind of bug on PS5 where double tapping pitch down puts them into jet mode, and lol if you're nosed down when that happens.

KrunkMcGrunk fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 17, 2021