Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Just change the name to have numbers instead

847713fi31d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Played two rounds of the beta and it's Fine™. The only one I've played in the recent series before this one was Battlefield V, which for all its faults had a much better sense of place and felt like it had defined frontlines, something which this game absolutely does not. I agree with the general consensus that the map they chose is just way too big, there's just so much dead air between the objectives.

The gadgets like the grappling hook are great and I'm sure there's some Big Brain Plays to be had and the on the fly attachment system is cool, but honestly I don't really play Battlefield games as a straight shooter experience (and let's face it, Battlefield by its nature has never had the tightest gunfeel out there). I want to feel like I'm in the middle of a big fuckoff battle fighting alongside people for my life and I didn't really get it from this beta. Turning on War Tapes helps but when the action isn't there to sell the sound it's disappointing at least.

It seems pretty decent if you want more Battlefield, but it just doesn't feel very spectacular in its moment-to-moment gameplay which is disappointing. Using the grappling hook made me want to play APEX and the lack of spectacle made me want to play Planetside 2 again :v:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
BFTarkov sounds a lot like the Fortnite vs PUBG "Let's take this jank game and make it good with our Big Budget Bux"

but you know, it's :dice:, so for a fractional value of "good"