Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Oh so the YouTube Countdown was a countdown to a countdown lol we still got another hour to go.

BF6 confirmed bad and dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I nearly died of disappointment when I saw 2042 and My brain interpreted it as 2142 and then I had to remember that was a different game lol.

it seems cool, it definitely seems like there arent going to be warring 'countries' anymore more like a bunch of Mercenary factions, I dunno, I'm cautiously optimistic but I guess we'll have to wait for yet another arbitrary reveal date for more.

Also LOL the idea that soldiers would be so close together in their hundreds like it's a watergun fight is supremely hilarious to me.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I keep looking again and again at the trailer and for the life of me I cant find any form of 'countries' or alliances, but I did see a bunch of corporate looking logos so my suspicion that this is a mercenaries game might be true.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

LOL it looks like the new armed faction are climate refugees called 'no pats' who are armed by russia and the US as proxy soldiers jesus loving christ hahahaha.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Crazyeyes24 posted:

In 2042, extreme weather events and resource conflicts have shifted the balance of global power. The United States and Russia stand at the brink of war, while a mix of non-patriated combat veterans form independent groups known as Task Forces. Fight to define the future in this never-before-seen theatre of war

Is what they say on the website. So US v Russia maybe, but definitely left open for ambiguous mercs.

nope it's written in the website that 1.2 billion people become climate refugees and those are the people that US and Russia arm recruit as mercenaries and proxy armies.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Thom12255 posted:

Russia - well known world superpower.

we can't lose sales in the chinese market! think of what Winnie the Pooh would think!!

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 9, 2021

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Oh hey an open beta in july that's a pretty good reason to pre-order

Also THANK loving CHRIST no Battle Royale thank yoouuuuuuu

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Who the gently caress plays battlefield for the campaign

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the only thing that's different is the helmet and mask.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The United States posted:

No Rush but the back and forth Breakthrough mode is back, using linear slices of the maps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5eYpriKxVU

I loving love breakthrough so this is very exciting.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The only reason why the A-10 hasnt been decomissioned is that there literally is no enemy that america has fought since they came out with the plane that has a reliable enough anti-air system to shoot them down, so if your task is to destroy a bunch of third world APC's and Tanks it's an amazing plane.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Not gonna lie this game seems really exciting.

I'll decide sometime early july if I'll pre-order it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Perestroika posted:

The whole on-the-fly weapon modification looks pretty neat, but I'm not sure how much use you'd realistically get out of it for anything except the optics. I mean, what situation could there be where a player would decide "Boy, I sure wish I could throw away my drum mag and exchange it for a smaller stick mag right now".

Smaller Stick Mags will mean greater weapon stability, more accuracy, which is important when you're dealing with more open terrain. Drum mags are for indoor assaults.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

I’m not a huge fan of non-standard magazine sizes in shooters because it inherently becomes the best choice no matter what most of the time. Granted that comes mostly from RPGs like The Division where your choices are between “100% more ammo” or “10% less recoil” but I think it’s still better to have the guns balanced around an amount of ammo you know everyone has.

not necessarily in modern warfare a larger magazine makes the gun much much less accurate.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Perestroika posted:

Apparently there's supposed to be a closed alpha each in July and August, and a semi-open beta in October.

wait wasnt the beta in july open for people who pre-purchase?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

July is a closed tech test for Battlefield "veterans"

Ah ok I was getting half tempted to pre-purchase in July to get in but if that’s the case I’ll just hold off till October then.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Symetrique posted:

33 minutes out of a 3 min trailer lmao

You’re gonna watch it and you’re gonna love it piggy

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The worst thing you can ever do is give a gamer responsibility and power over other gamers.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Yami Fenrir posted:

The Commander in BF4 didn't have that anyway. You sometimes plonked down supply crates (if so preferred, on snipers, them being enemy ones being optional) or Cruise Missile'd a roof.

The orders and such were completely pretty much entirely ignorable.

Yeah so why even have it? All it will do is annoy the players who have to listen to some bozo bark orders and not supply correctly and the ‘commander’ will just experience the heartache and stress of being completely ignored 90% of the time.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Yami Fenrir posted:

Because you can squish Snipers with supply crates? :shrug:

I think they’ve now democratized this to everyone with 2042, now everyone can drop an Armata tank on a sniper if they have enough points or whatever.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

jackfrags doing what nobody else needs to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNTYL8ZHcHc

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I wish I could find a 3080 :smith:

God I wish those loving bitminers would just loving stop already

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

it's legitimately wild how much better bf1 looks than bf5 despite all the rtx bells and whistles

like it's not even close

It’s almost like Bf1 was an inspired design for a setting and they went all out to make it wide, expansive and captivating while Bf5 was supremely boring in it’s choices for locations and setting.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Downloaded battlefield 4 again, are you goons gonna be playing this game?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Yami Fenrir posted:

Battlefield 4 or Battlefield 2042?

Yes.

:P

I may or may not be playing BF4 specifically because of hype for 2042 to shake off the rust.

Mostly just playing pubbie games though.

Battlefield 4 I’m just playing it to get used to a battlefield game again

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Wait am I the only one who regularly uses two-three bullet burst mode in his assault rifles? Everyone is either semi auto or full

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I can’t loving believe EA uses TWO desktop applications, wasnt Origin enough?!?!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Wow by the time BF2042 comes out I will have unlocked ONE new gun in BF4 at this rate

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Man the Jump in overall quality and mood and level design between BF4 and BF1 is astounding I completely forgot how awesome BF1 is but man oh man it’s utter bullshit how fast you die in this game.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Man battlefield 1 is such an incredible epic experience I love it, it’s a lot better than BF4 in my opinion.

Also wasn’t the first closed beta happening in July? Maybe we’ll get more info then.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

That trailer was super fun, I look forward to the open beta

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

How would having a character have pronouns make any difference in a game where everyone will be screaming slurs and insults at each other over discord lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Maybe they should’ve just re released Battlefield Heroes over and over until they have a perfect bug free game then slap the high poly models on top bing bang boom so simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Trying to download on game pass but it’s not working sadly it keeps saying error