Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

Drivers are more likely to get up into the action if they feel like they'll be able to bail safely when the time comes.

Cowards.

Never leave the tank, even in the face of death, lest the enemy take it and leave your side a tank down.

"Out of commission, become a pillbox. Out of ammo, become a bunker. Out of time, become heroes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

I've been wondering whether they might incorporate old maps (or features of them) into the new maps, especially with sectors consisting of multiple points.

With that in mind, I could see them alluding to classic maps in sections of new maps (eg. Damavand Peak's base jump as in the trailer, or have Metro as a sector on a city map like Kaleidoscope).

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

they need to add BF1 to the portal so we can have an all-horses mode

Now all I can think about is leaping C4 laden Jihad-horses into oncoming tanks/choppers etc.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

e and pink urban camo should be integrated into uniforms, weapons and vehicles

Ala BF4, give me tiger force, or give me death!

https://youtu.be/fAS45cw8bB4

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Tormented posted:

How is Battlefield V? How does it stack up to Battlefield 1 as I'm enjoying it without any DLC.

I know its coming free next week to Twitch Prime.

As others have mentioned, it has good and bad points. I still play it regularly because aside from horse murder, BF1 just didn't quite scratch the itch for me.

Good points: movement/mantling, squad revives, calling in arty or other reinforcements, constructing fortifications, hitching and moving AT or AA weapons.

Bad points: Assault having the best of most worlds (AT rocket, dynamite, assault rifles like the STG44), weapons sometimes wildly unbalanced (sten and bren come to mind), and the usual bugs related to spawning and the like.

The biggest negative imo, though this is typical for a lot of fps's these days, is the unlock system for weapons/vehicles, which in some cases make weapons/vehicles considerably better (eg, better accuracy for a weapon, more powerful cannon on a tank, faster/more maneuverable aircraft).

Each level unlocks a new tier, but you can only reset your choices once you complete all tiers (so better make a good choice and don't nerf yourself!), 4 for launch vehicles(UK/Germany), 6 for Pacific update (USA/Japan). And instead of being a class of vehicle (fighter/bomber, light/medium/heavy tank), it's individual vehicles. So you get to slog through unlocking your way through 2 flavours each of Spitfire/ME109/P51/Corsair/Zero, or a Valentine/Sherman/Panzer IV.

As someone who just finished up grinding out the unlocks for the Pacific aircraft:shepface:, the difference between stock and tier 6 is ridiculous, and I really hope they haven't done the same for 2042.

If it's free, I'd give it a whirl for the change of pace (I did the same for BFH at a friend's behest).

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Hell if it's free give it a go. I put 100+ hours into V and and it's fine mostly. But the pacific maps are better which you probs won't get for free, though you will get Mercury which is just a beautiful map imo.

Eh, should get Pacific included, BFV didn't have paid dlc in order to avoid splitting the playerbase (instead they just introduced a bunch of skins for $$$).

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Hopper posted:

I would go so far as to say adding more and more modes could potentially lead to loosing focus on what kind of game you want to make, and Dice don't seem the greatest at remembering what made the last iteration of BF good and carrying that over into the next.

This is why I don't want a BF battle royale. I play battlefield games because I want large scale combined arms conquest matches, or for a more focused experience in Rush. Tarkov-esque side mode sounds interesting and I'll probably give it a whirl, especially if it counts towards weapon unlocks and the like, as it's something I can play in the downtime between my bros being online.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

dog nougat posted:

Beta fun. Robo dog and Carl Gustav cool as hell

I've already managed to snipe a few peeps with Carl. Feels good man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Any Series X'ers want to squad up later? Crossplay doesn't appear to be a thing for the beta.

Getting the band back together...