Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.

College Slice

I gotta admit, the countdown to the countdown was pretty hilarious. Why on earth would they do that! The chat went bananas.

Really excited about this. I think Battlefield is my most-played game ever. Can't wait for one to take advantage of the PS5 (I know it's cross-gen, but still).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

I really hope that since their last game was disappointing, we have new consoles and COD is dominating, these guys are really pulling out the stops.

henpod fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 9, 2021

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Carl Gustav

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

BFV DLC announcement.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

I am very excited to see gameplay. This could be amazing!

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Philman posted:

I saw damavand peak, that's one of my favourite peaks.

also a scifi tuk tuk.

That initial skydive was also SO awesome.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

It seems like they are embracing the true Battlefield-ness that makes Battlefield at its best.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Releases Oct 22.

See the maps and more info here - https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-2042/game-overview/maps

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

The maps actually look really, really cool. There seem to be only 7 for now, but their scale and detail could be amazing. The skyscraper one talks about ziplining between rooftops which sounds awesome.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Ineffiable posted:

Well I know I'm down. Who else will be playing on ps5?

Me, on launch day motherfuckaaaaaa

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

I'm glad there's been no singleplayer to drain resource and money from the real poo poo. This might be the one we've been waiting for, gents.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

I think i'm dumb because I thought the previous BF games were already 64 vs 64? Otherwise it was 32x32, which means mofos just doubled up.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Rusty posted:

64 players total was the max in all previous games.

Holy poo poo. This is going to be amazing. I have my first kid coming into the world around the release date, which is unfortunate for the child.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

This game looks so awesome. Can't wait to see more!

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Good to see there's a free battlepass, seems like the premium bullshit is the usual skins and so on. I think this will be the first time any of us pay so much for an MP-only game, but this (based on the little info we have) looks very, very good.

henpod fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jun 10, 2021

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Vagabong posted:

What was it that made BFV so bad anyway? I only played a for a few hours on EA's sub service but it felt kinda off the whole time.

I think at launch it was kinda bland and lifeless, not much content and weird balancing. I'm playing at the moment as it was free with PS+ and it's actually pretty great! But, it took like 2 years to get better so I can only imagine what it was like for the 'early adopters'.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

SpartanIvy posted:

Remember in 2142 where they had billboards in-game that could show real ads but you could get it to show whatever you wanted by redirecting the IP it used to your local address? They should do that again.

Man, I remember how big a deal that was...THE IMMERSION WAS RUINED and why should we be getting ads in a game we purchased! And now look at the microtransaction world we live in today.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

I know we've been burned before, but maybe, just maybe, they are making the most battle-field battlefield game ever! I'm really excited.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

BF1 is good! Silly guns aside, the whistles, shouting and rousing music when a round starts or a team is pushed back is quite awesome. The atmosphere is kinda spot on, and I never get tired of seeing the huge zeppelin crash down and explode on the terrain.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Imagine that we get a commander mode again. That was always so cool - you'd be playing a completely different game than everyone else - kinda like a war simulator, but its all happening in real-time below you, with human players. You'd give them objectives to go to, send down supplies, airstrikes and so on. The flow of the battles was always better with someone up in the sky telling squads where to hit or defend.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

I really want to play this game.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

I can't remember when I was last genuinely excited for a video game. This looks to be the most battlefield of battlefields, and made to be FUN. There's gonna be a shitload of content by the looks of it.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

This all looks amazing. And it comes out just as my first kid does, and I can't tell which i'm more excited about.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

nightwisher posted:

64v64 jets only

I was thinking last night what chaos 128 choppers would bring. But, I imagine there would be limits to vehicles especially otherwise framerates would poo poo the bed.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

The optimist in me says that the minor flop of BFV, plus COD/Warzone being the big FPS boi at the moment gave them real motivation to pull all the stops out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Watching that Jackfrags video on making your own game modes just has me unreasonably excited for this. I don't think I've actually been this excited for a game in a decade. The bots just make it seem like an actual sequel for BF2 that I've waited for so long.

Same, games are so plentiful these days that any AAA release doesn't really make me feel that anticipation. BF2042 is looking really exciting. With those 7 new HUGE maps and now 6 more classics with the potential for so many fun game variations, there's so much content. And, with native new-gen versions, 128 players and another mode to announce, this is going to kick rear end.

henpod fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jul 23, 2021