Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I'd need some BFGoons alum to sign up for the alpha/beta and report back with some really glowing reviews before I'd trust any hype.

V technically came free with my GFX card and was still not worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Will this finally be the greatest moment in PC gaming history????

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
V didn't have autobalance or manual team switching so maybe adding bots was the :dice: solution for stacked teams

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Really need to see an animation of my guy turning on the emergency lights, stowing the keys under the sun visor, and opening the door before I can finally hit the detonator on my C4

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Yami Fenrir posted:

Not sure why that's your first assumption but ok.

I was just saying that there's very little a gunner can mess up for you in a tank beyond alerting people. Unlike the driver tank. Or any driver/pilot, really.

So if an AI soldier could fill that slot, it'd be neat.

In BFV the Allied tank you could call in as a squad reinforcement was the crocodile which had a flamethrower for the third gunner seat. This flamethrower not only had a lovely range but would also obscure most of the vision of the driver in first person view when fired due to its location. So a gunner could just spam the flamethrower ineffectually, not hitting anyone, while drastically reducing the effectiveness of the main gun at the same time.

So yeah, :dice: has already proven they can make having a gunner a detriment.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Underslung grenade launcher that shoots beehive rounds that happen to do the same bullet damage as the gun it's attached to.

Edit: or maybe I'm forgetting if it was actually an underslung shotgun? Whatever attachment that made the G3 in BF3 a onehit kill because it fired a cloud of rifle bullets.

moot the hopple fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 17, 2021

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Martout posted:

G3 rifle, heavy barrel (this is what caused the glitch), underslung MASS shotgun oh baby that was so much fun while it lasted

e: ooh also usas-12 with explosive rounds and IR scope

The funny thing was that I had innocently stumbled onto that configuration before it was widely known at the time simply because I wanted a backup weapon to quickly swap over to once my lower mag capacity G3 ran dry. Then I saw I was absolutely flooring anyone I could draw a bead on with the MASS and just used that as a primary weapon lmao

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
There were so many bad design decisions compounding how bad weapon mastery were in 5. Like having to actually equip the assignments rather than your stats being tracked globally, which also required you to leave matches if you wanted to change them. They put no thought in the challenges and made them pretty much universal without taking into account weapon stats, such as the SLR's still having the headshot kills, despite being a two-shots-to-kill weapon even if you landed a headshot with the first shot. Some of them actively went against the gun's supposed design, like the SMG's requiring longer distance kills. The worst were the ones that required killing in an objective area because it encouraged the worst type of camping yet you were lucky to even get the amount of kills required even if you camped out for the entire match.

Some of them were just impossible unless you were an aim-flick master like JackFrags, and I guarantee none of the weapon assignment designers completed them on an online match against other players, but it's clear that :dice: doesn't play their own game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I'd accept launchers as a primary if the back blast let you do 360 NO BLASTSHIELD kills.