Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

I said come in! posted:

This game is pretty much dead on arrival unless its a Battle Royale that shakes up the genre. I don't care for Battlefield either way, and would never play a BR, but most people that play these games only want to play BR modes now.

It won't be DOA, but if you're going to put out a BR mode it has to be f2p to compete. Firestorm mode in Battlefield V died at launch because it was behind a paywall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

Waroduce posted:

it was also terrible

People love terrible games. Look at overwatch!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

More countdowns!!! Hahhh

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

That's what I'm thinking. Apex had a fantastic launch, languished for a bit, then had a huge resurgence in the past year. They probably don't want to dent their own growth trajectory with a similar product.

Trailer looked fun. I'm curious about the robit dog.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

I passed on V at launch and only picked it up about two months ago. Seems fine? Maybe it's a case where I didn't play at launch or something, but I'm having a pretty good time with it. Not nearly a good as 1 or 4, but not a horrorshow.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

Yeah tons of people are still playing Battlefield 1 and V in the US and EU. At all hours of the day. The consoles have even more players.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

Battlefield V has the Fliegerfaust which rules and completely invalidates the static AA.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

jisforjosh posted:

It's already here*

*If you can get a 3080 lol

I'm anxious to see how AMD's FidelityFX performs. It's the competing tech with DLSS, and should be out some time this month. DLSS is magic and really the only way people can support a 4K display without shelling out tons of money (even in a typical year). Raytracing has grown by leaps and bounds since Battlefield V, too. Hopefully that pays off for 2042.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

jisforjosh posted:

Given the previews we've seen of AMD's FSR the performance gain is substantial but so too is the image quality reduction

Native on left, FSR on right

Worth it, to be honest. DLSS had some growing pains, too, because I don't think 4x (1080p to 4k) sampling was available until DLSS 2.0

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

Symetrique posted:

Yeah I don't think thats worth it for a competitive shooter. That blurriness isn't going to help you spot targets at a distance.

If it's competitive you're running 1080p at 240hz. The CS:GO resolution that can't be output to YouTube or anywhere else yet.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

Symetrique posted:

Not that type of competitive.

Anything that reduces your ability to spot enemy players in BF is a huge liability.

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

Space Jam posted:

The AUG with a glitched underslung smoke launcher turned into a railgun too, I think that was shortly after the Close Quarters DLC. The smoke round had no ballistics drop and it killed instantly.

And it was glorious. Sniping people with the underslung grenade was so, so much fun.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Why aren't people playing BF1/BFV instead? Oh right, because they're terrible.

Or it's because Amazon is gave away Battlefield 4 for free from June 1st to June 21st

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

I haven't played warzone in like a year, but doesn't warzone also have a volume slider specifically for hit markers? I hope battlefield 2042 does that simply for accessibility reasons.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

I haven't seen a cheater in Battlefield 4, 1, or V in a few weeks which is has been a pleasant surprise. Maybe the Warzone update for season four pushed them all back there?

Edit: and V was thick with cheaters a few months ago, too.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

Krogort posted:

There were tons of people moaning because BF5 didn’t have enough grind.
It was like 100hours to max out all the classes,
I don’t understand these peope.

It was pretty nice jumping in years after launch and feeling generally as powerful as everyone else. The way they subdivided tank skill trees is a little bullshit that requires a ton of hours to finish, but on foot I had every class to 20 in about ~50 hours of playtime. V significantly cut down on the grind there. I have ~450 hours in One and still have 3-4 DLC guns to unlock.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

More Battlefield V

https://streamable.com/sl6a41

https://streamable.com/r7htne

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

It's gonna take 8 rockets to kill a tank and everyone is going to spawn with like 2, so I fully expect chat to complain endlessly about the lack of ammo carriers. Pub stomper squads will have a dedicated supplier and just dominate servers simply by having access to ammo.

I can't tell if this is a good or bad thing.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

DrBox posted:

In Titanfall 2, bots acted like creeps in DOTA or League.

It's this. Bots were in the Attrition multiplayer mode and would spawn on a timer and then run on a designated path towards a marker near the middle of the map. Once they got there, they would shoot at players and other bots with like 1% accuracy. Titanfall 2 had extremely small maps because it was 6v6. It might have had bigger game modes, but everyone just played attrition.

Attrition was a race to 650 points. Killing a bot would award 1 point and killing a player would award 10. Bots existed for easy point farming.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

Rumor going around that Battlefield One is going to be offered for free next week? We could see a similar huge influx of players as Battlefield 4 and I can't wait.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

Blue Raider posted:

I have no idea what would possess a person to play this much BF5. I don’t see the draw.

There are a few streamers at level 500 which I believe is the cap. I don't know how to wrap my head around that. I can understand Warzone players having high levels and prestige - I'm fairly sure Jackfrags is prestige 16? - because that game is constantly changing and evolving and pushing new content. Battlefield V is static and not very good.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

jisforjosh posted:

Are you running DX11 or 12?

Yeah PSA to turn off DX12. It's ultrafucked on Battlefield One and forever will be, regardless of your setup.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

priznat posted:

Judging from BFV it seems unlikely that weapons will be faction limited anymore due to the added difficulty of balancing the faction with others.

BFV just had a weird bug (?) where it would sometimes swap your combat role if there was a faction change. You'd play one map as a nazi with a panzerfaust and then the next map be in the japanese army with the Fliegerfaust. Extremely annoying. I guess gently caress me for using the combat roles apparently.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

I wouldn't be surprised if 2142 is a Season 2 plan for Battlefield Portal.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

I was cackling like an idiot after the last guy

https://i.imgur.com/eExriWx.mp4

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

There were 31 full west coast Battlefield One servers running yesterday afternoon. It's glorious to see this many people hopping back into the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

YOU PEOPLE ARE PIGS!

Didn't expect this shot to turn out

https://i.imgur.com/hOFjdzK.mp4

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 30, 2021