Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Not sure where this "exclusive pre-order" beta stuff is coming from. The beta will be open, pre-order gets you early access to that open beta. This has been the case since, like, battlefield 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Cardboard Fox posted:

BR mode please, but only on Metro.

There you go, 2 birds 1 cup or whatever

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Why do you need to shoot your teammates?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Sab669 posted:

I've just been spamming the SA-18 IGLA lately. It's kinda annoying having to bait out the flares, so it's essentially 2 shots to take out a heli... But yea I've gotten a lot of vehicle hunter ribbons the last few days.

In my recent experience, in more than half the cases simply locking them for a second or two tends to have them deploy flares.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Kazinsal posted:

If they use the self-learning AI model they trained on BF1, they'll almost universally be more handy to have on your team than probably 50% of pubbies.

The AI learned quickly that capturing and defending points was good for game outcomes. After almost 19 years of Battlefield, pubbies *still* can't manage that half the time.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/22/17150918/ea-dice-seed-battlefield-1-ai-shooter

quote:

“They won’t be in the next Battlefield because that’s not very far away, but probably the one after that — as a hybrid of classical AI and neural networks,” he says.

That was before the release of BF5, so seems like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Perestroika posted:

I kinda love how most equipment names are just taking the existing name and pumping up the numbers because it's THE FUTURE. The M4A1 turns into the M5A3, M4 Carl Gustaf becomes the M5 recoilless, KA-50 will be the KA-520. :allears:

It's the future my man, we ain't using no ancient C4 anymore, we use C5