Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I like it. Feels like a modernized Bad Company 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I preordered after playing the open beta and then immediately canceled my preorder cause I thought about it some more and there was one thing that irked me.

I spent like 45 minute as a recon flying a drone over the warehouse that's kinda halfway between the launchpad and the VAB, spotting fuckin tons of their guys for our infantry and tanks to splatter. I had a grand old time. Even occasionally popped out of cover myself to snipe fuckers on the rooftops when they were sitting still.

And after those 45 minutes I realized I hadn't gotten one single spot assist. No XP for it, no credit in the score, nothing. That sucked hard. I'm not always on the top of my game so I love playing recon and just spotting the enemy, or playing medic and being a mad lad just sprinting from one revive to another.

I got tired of the same old maps of BF5 over and over, and BF1 never clicked for me. Firestorm was, imo, the absolutely best BR yet produced, but I know I'm in the minority.

I dunno, the more I think about it the more I think I really missed the simple little thing of seeing minor score bonuses scrolling, like just seeing a little "+10 resupply" for people grabbing ammo from your box. That made me feel like I was contributing even when I was vibing on edibles and building fortifications.

I hope I come to love this thing but I didn't like the beta as much as I wanted to.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

ATVs and civilian vehicles are all over the place in Hazard Zone, I dunno why they're not in the main gameplay.

My opinion is that Breakthrough is currently the best mode, and within 6 months everyone will be playing Portal servers.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Portal XP is still off, as is progression. AOW solo there is weapon and vehicle progression but you won't get any XP from killing AI - but spotting them gets like 5 xp so yay for that.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Can anyone recommend any pubbie Discords for pickup groups for this? I was in a few for BF5 for when CTS or any of the zillion goon discords were hibernating, but I must have left them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Target Practice posted:

Idk about pubbies but we have a solid crew in the goon one for this game that doesn't have any of the old goon problems it seems.

That's active? I am in a bunch of the goon discords and ain't nobody in voicecomm right now. I have found some before where you just jump into a lobby and people jump in with you and you squad up and go.