Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I literally can't think of a worse shooter than MW2019 that isn't another COD, it's ridiculous hair splitting to act like CW is some grand crime against it's legacy.

all the complaining is working though, I swear CW is more like MW every time the free weekend rolls around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
FF is good because it empowers good positioning and close quarters combat by making your enemies choose between mowing down their allies or choosing their shots carefully

It should be on in every mode in every FPS except in perhaps a playlist called "dumb baby mode for idiot children"

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

codo27 posted:

Anyone remember MAG on PS3? Probably not. How long until someone finally comes up with a MMO sort of styled shootmans where its not round after round, but larger, longer battles that you jump into on and off and that might take days or weeks to complete? I guess we're moving further away from the possibility of something like that with everything in the entire world just being more and more geared towards instant gratification and brain chemical exploits. People itt even complaining about missing the CoD hit marker sound, I do believe I read they went so far as to research slot machines to come up with the most fitting sounds they could to draw people in and keep them hooked. God knows I played enough warzone during lockdown.

MAG is the only true good console FPS and probably the the best FPS overall, but the contract system was extremely thin papering-over of a lobby shooter.

but yes MAG was perfect and everything since has been extremely dumb baby idiot poo poo in comparison. now that shooters have largely done away with hitscan weapons (which technically MAG didn't have but it had nuts bullet velocity and 0 drop so it wasn't far off) we might someday see typical CoD/BF poo poo reach something at that level someday maybe.

but as to the MMO systems, I think people are right that Planetside is too before it's time for that kind of thing, but the MAG system of normal group instances arranged in typical fashion but technically related by spreadsheet is much more doable than an open-world organic battlefield where anyone can drop in at any time.

The predetermined faction systems of MAG/PS are a dead end though, nobody gave a poo poo about SVER/Raven/Valor and just hopped between them whenever they felt like it. Same with PS2 but I only remember the Vanu.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
Are console Battlefields seeing a similar revival? I can definitely think of worse things to do than playing some BF1 one last time

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
I'm getting chewed up in (console) BF1 but it also feels really janky in a way I wouldn't have approved of back on release so I'm thinking something has changed, internet wise.

this setting is fantastic though. before BF1, and since, i'd just been absolutely bored out of my kind pinballing between extremely samey modern settings and yet another dull take on WW2 that it's great to remember how fresh BF1 was.