Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
Osprey and Hind seem to be the buggiest of the vehicles so far. No stuttering like tanks and AA that I've noticed, thankfully, but I've seen lots of crewmen kind of phase out of the hull in seated positions. As a pilot, the HUD just kind of wanders wherever it wants. Sometimes it'll let you disembark easily, sometimes not; once I was forced to stay in a gunner seat as the Osprey crashed and burned, but I didn't die. I could aim and shoot the minigun until the wreckage despawned, at which time it plopped me back on my feet unceremoniously. I don't know how tangible my bullets were, as only friendlies were nearby at my crash site.

Leaving bugs aside, both feel quite powerful, at least so long as the pilot is good and the three gunners choose their targets well. I'm a fairly terrible shot so YMMV, but the miniguns seem rather difficult to actually focus on infantry long enough to score the kill at any reasonable range. The last BF game I played was 2 and I'm sure glad these miniguns aren't Blackhawk-level, but I'm left to wonder if my troubles in hosing infantry down are primarily my own degraded skills, number tuning on Osprey/Hind miniguns, or a consequence of netcode/hitreg.

I find it even harder to score minigun kills on infantry in the Nightbird - despite graphically unleashing a veritable shitstorm, the linked miniguns seem to actually just inflict their damage at a single point, and with less DPS than a simple rifle. Their armor damage is in a good spot, think, which means I end up using rockets for infantry and miniguns for larger targets - kind of the opposite of what most games train the player for.

Cockpit view in the Osprey is just fine, but the Hind's seems pretty terrible. If 1st/3rd person camera swapping weren't a thing, I might consider it nearly unflyable. The weird always-zoomed default settings only exacerbate this.

I'd like to end with a question for the M+KB jet pilots - how are you faring with them? I've only tried fighters a small handful of times, but the things are so unresponsive to mouse controls... helicopters control fine for me, but making my jet do anything fancier than a ~20-30 degree curve is a no-go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

Was just killed so hard that I can't redeploy. Can't hold space to deploy. Can't call out. Timer is at zero. Nothing is happening. Chat says it's a widespread bug, have to disconnect from the server to fix it.

This has happened ~4 times to me thus far, I feel bad doing it but I usually just AFK until the end of the match so my time spent wasn't 'wasted'.

EDIT: I'm wondering what the point of the second utility gun is. It kills in two body shots, just like the SVK, except it has an awful ROF and loads its shells one at a time. There appear to be no upsides.

Batigh fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 15, 2021

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

D-Pad posted:

Not sure if this thread was where I saw this but if you do solo breakthrough against the easiest bots kills count towards unlocks. I am just doing breakthrough hourglass and leveling up the choppers super fast getting 60+ kills a game.

Normally I'd rather get the unlocks through playing, but I had a really excellent Super Hokum game yesterday where I crashed out with 22 enemy tickets remaining, so I'll go for a round or three of this in revenge!