Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
this game (BF 2200 or whatever) is going to be garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
I honestly wanted, over the past 10 or so years, for another company to try to do a battlefield-like. They've all been garbage. Planetside 2 you'll never leave me right?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
oh wow its gonna suck!

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
imagine having way worse performance issues than BFV

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Mr Beens posted:

Westie said in his first video that the devs told him that the Beta build is 2 months old, so release version will have had 3 more months in the oven.

lmao

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
release day fomo is a brain disease (yes a buy in beta is a defacto release day, sorry rubes)

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
are we at the bargaining stage yet or still stuck in denial

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
So how's the game? runs like poo poo?`

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

jisforjosh posted:

Even if a game is the second coming of Christ why would you preorder? Is there a digital key shortage I'm unaware of?

FOMO is a hell of a drug. Most of my fomo has to do with currency rather than anticipating videogame releases

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

jisforjosh posted:

Purely for money. 99% of cryptocurrency is about the psychology of getting rich, not the technology aspect. It's not even about the currency aspect anymore, it's just like the stock market; the number always goes up so it's impossible to lose money! But that's enough crypto derail.

more "false" commodities to speculate against because orgs have literally too much money to spend on real products

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
this game is going to run like poo poo, many are saying it already does

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
They have no incentive to release a BF game that is bug free and full featured. BFV was my last one but I was definitely interested to see if BF2042 continued the trajectory of coasting on marketing lovely games

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

D-Pad posted:

I really don't care at all if you or anyone else thinks the game is bad. I'm taking issue with somebody posting multiple times a day for months about how bad the game is and they won't play it. I mean I shouldn't care about that either but I just can't understand why someone would devote hours upon hours of their life to telling other people what they like is bad over and over ad nauseum. Game bad move on.

Edit: lol you spent months in the thread that had daily posts about the $5 demo and you didn't know about it.

plz dont do the thing where you try to enforce favorable game opinions only ITT

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
so the game runs like poo poo it turns out? (jk it was apparent from day 1)

vv I am almost certain "decent" in context like these means like a $500+ GPU alone

Jokerpilled Drudge fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 18, 2021

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
oh word if i lower my expectations to dogshit and run it at a lower resolution on my 2070 Super(worth like $600+ used) it runs great

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
lmao maybe if there weren't enough games to play but there are plenty that work just fine with an active player base to click on. There is no real need to play these games aside from believing the messages youre seeing in the sales pitch. And that's what BF is now, it's all about the sales pitch

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
there are great games but youre going to have to stop relying on whatever ad gets put under your nose to determine what those games are

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

D-Pad posted:

Don't sell yourself short. You've been posting multiple times a day for months about a game you hate. That's true genius level.

yeah bc making GBS threads on BF is way more fun than the actual broken game you should try it

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

hello internet posted:

If you are having fun playing the game should you stop? I need to know before I go any further, I feel really guilty

why? its easier to change attitude than behavior.

if people are looking for BF style gameplay planetside 2 is RIGHT THERE

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

hello internet posted:

Planetside 2 is still super fun and surprisingly has a decent population after all these years. Strongly recommend popping in to check it out.

also the goon outfit is still the 900 lb gorilla of the server (for one night a week).

BF refugees are more than welcome (many of us are BC2 refugees) and it's free shootmans

come play planetside 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp6l9VFVyUs

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3966415

Jokerpilled Drudge fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 18, 2021

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Very few if any games are ever fixed with a few patches in several months. The only thing that would fix this game is a complete re-release. Anything less will just be a player base slowly abandoning the game, and even if it all gets patched up to absolute perfection in 1.5 years' time, no one will be playing it.

gonna start putting /h after obvious hyperbole if someone tries to litigate what I mean by no one

Jokerpilled Drudge fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Nov 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
basically a built in wallhack for everyone