Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

Perestroika posted:

For the love of gently caress, please be good. I've been playing just a little bit of BF4 for nostalgia's sake a while back, and it's remarkable how much better it felt than either BF1 or BFV. Just give me weird semi-future gadgets to bully snipers with, that's all I want.

God yes, I want the little spotting drone thing from 4 that had the laser you could blow up explosives with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

Looks like the BR mode is "Hazard Zone"

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

Looks dope I'm in

Also there's a syringe pistol so already goofy gadgets

E: gently caress YES RECON DRONE IS BACK

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

No BR no campaign

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

The only campaign worth a drat in the past few games was Hardline

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

In addition to what everyone else said, they removed Jihading/made it near ineffectual. Probably the most iconic bit of Battlefield, and they took it out.

I stopped playing Battlefield V when they just randomly removed the ability for the light tank to damage medium and above armor. There was no reason for it, the only time it would cause any problem is if the light tank player used ground strategically to get superior positioning behind an enemy tank, and even then, a decent tanker could still win it.

But DICE decided even that bit of challenging gameplay was too fun and completely removed it without telling anyone.

It was also not part of BF1, fwiw. Stupid then too.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

I liked having a gold plated double barrel shotgun in Hardline that was neat

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

Let's be honest the most important question is whether I can make another insignia

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

BF4 with goons whenever we would be in a server with tanklords / skylords (wigitybear, et al) would be great because it became the entire squad's mission to annoy them as much as possible

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

Time to see how bad I am at BF4...

Oh hey I have my emblem again hell yeah

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

Chronojam posted:

It's like when everybody unlocked trunk rockets in Hardline and it ruined game modes

People say this but it didn't because you could either be not bad at driving or it also meant that a couple of points were being flipped which is fun

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

eonwe posted:

just wait for people's beta impressions then!!

Buddy the only impression I want is one on my freaking chair from how much of the new Battlefield I'm playing!!!!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

I like the vehicles because I get to blow them up

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

Perestroika posted:

I challenge anybody to find something more satisfying to do in BF than sneaking up on that rear end in a top hat tank who's killed you three times and kerblasting that sucker with some C4.

Blowing it up with C4 on a quad bike after you've been spotted by and shot at by the tank because you've been driving straight at it and honking non-stop.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

BF4 is still good but not playing it for...years has made me bad

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

Shinjobi posted:

I know BFV is a black eye on the franchise but I now have a solid gold shotgun in the game and I've been cackling like an idiot since finally getting around to unlocking it. What a gloriously dumb weapon. I put a bayonet on it for maximum power.

When it works you can feel the shame of the people you get with it.

Another Goon and I were the first two people to unlock the gold double barrel shotgun in Hardline

Woop woop that's the sound of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MEAN MUGGIN'

Portal means we can do the cowboy mode we used to do on the BF4 server we had years ago (bolt action + revolver only) without having to boot people for not abiding by the rules! Maybe we'll even get to include double barrel shotguns!!