Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

fartknocker posted:

This came up a lot in the old thread, but when most recently asked, hereís some highlights of the issues it had:

Ahahahah, I remember about a week after I quit BFV there was a patch that straight up made vehicles go invisible. I wanted to love that game so much but...nope.

Hopefully 2042 will be solid. I missed out on much of BF1 because my computer sucked and couldn't handle it (It actually ran just fine on low settings: it's just at the first map drop patch I went from "Game bitches my computer is out of date but runs" to "Game bitches my machine is such a potato it refuses to even load").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

moot the hopple posted:

Will this finally be the greatest moment in PC gaming history????

I'm ready to settle for "better than BFV"

So far they seem to be avoiding the paint chips that lead to BFV, but time will tell if the devs manage to keep their hands out of the Sherwin Williams flavored Doritos in the cupboard.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

jisforjosh posted:

Just wait till EA puts some content unlocks in BFV for 2042 and we all begrudgingly boot it up again

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Nope.

Like you'd have to legitimately pay me an actual wage to get me to play BFV again.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Deeters posted:

On a BF2 server with friendly fire damage on: I hopped on top of an enemy Abrams' turret to escape an attack helicopter. Both were very confused and it took way longer than it should have for someone to hop out and shoot me.

In BF4 I got someone spouting chud conspiracy stuff banned by saying "You seem upset" and "Actually the government is good" until he threatened to find me IRL.

2142:
-Getting a roadkill pin when a rookie pilot ended up smashing his gunship against my tank as part of his attack. Somehow that one particular pilot fail has always stuck with me
-Getting on top of the enemy Titan and tossing the anti-tank mines on top of the hangar shield where they'd fly after enemy pilots
-Using enemy anti-tank mines against enemy vehicles with the mine-bait grenade. Got so many engineers kicked from servers for teamkilling that way. Was especially juicy nuking the enemy Goliath.
-Developing what would later become my Shotgun Wookie skillset with the Support's shotgun and scanner/wallhacks equipment.
-Figuring out that the engineer's anti-air launcher was a two-shot grenade launcher that would not only insta-kill infantry but make them un-revivable. Great for close-in infantry firefights!

BF1:
-The entire Goon Squad figures out that defenders on attack-defend maps have infinite revives/no tickets and that bayonet kills are melee kills that don't allow enemies to be revived. Enact successful defenses with never ending Light Brigade Charges.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Symetrique posted:

Battlefield flight models arenít difficult.

The problem is the default control binds and not having a space to practice. Like I donít know anyone who doesnít immediately modify the default plane controls to something that makes more sense. Thereís really not much else to simplify unless they go with a pure mouse aim mode like swbf2 or war thunder arcade, but at that point thereís no need for more advanced options since they wouldnít give an advantage against mouseaim.

Hopefully having bots makes it easier for people who want to practice flying without getting murdered by experienced players. Bots contributing to progression should also prevent issues like bfvís kanonenvogel Stuka, where picking the wrong tier 2 upgrade hosed up your primary load out, making it harder to actually score points.

Just give the planes the same physics/controls as the starfighters from Star Wars: Squadrons. Bam, done! It's made by another EA studio so should totally be reasonable to turn a Y-Wing into an A-10 that the Pentagon never got around to decommissioning.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

jisforjosh posted:

The A-10 will be around for a long time. Amazingly building your plane as a workhorse tasked with carrying a gun first and foremost leads to longevity

"Chief Lt. General Arnold Bunch testified that the service ďis committed to maintaining a minimum of six A-10 combat squadrons flying and contributing to the fight through 2030 additional A-10 force structure is contingent on future budget levels and force structure requirements.Ē "

I mean it also helps that the design process for the thing was "Durable, survivable plane that murders the gently caress out of tanks" and there wasn't what we had with the F-35 with the Navy demanding "We want some so it must land on Carriers" while the Marines screamed "VTOL!" around a mouthful of crayons.

Oh and it was built as a flying loving tank.

Al-Saqr posted:

The only reason why the A-10 hasnt been decomissioned is that there literally is no enemy that america has fought since they came out with the plane that has a reliable enough anti-air system to shoot them down, so if your task is to destroy a bunch of third world APC's and Tanks it's an amazing plane.

And this to. I think they were originally designed to basically strafe tank and supply columns of Russians invading Europe via the Khyber Pass in Cold War days. It had some laughably low estimate of survivability, like they expected to lose 1/3 of the planes they sent out with each attack. Then the USSR collapsed and now it's an excellent "Let's gently caress up poo poo over there" plane.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Julius CSAR posted:

Lmao at people still still jerking off over the A-10

I'm amazed the thing is still around.

And to be honest, I think people mainly jerk off over the gun. Which to be fair is a gun that deserves to be jerked off too.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Julius CSAR posted:

Itís super funny because they donít really shoot the gun that much in combat

I mean it's understandable: the vulcan is a monster and has to be hell on the airframe, and the military has all sorts of other fun toys that can be mounted to the wings. When the Soviets tried to make their own version the guns they built actually had a higher thrust than its engines and can actually put itself in a stall if they fire for too long.

Excellent for morale of the troops though which is it's own value.

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

I don't know if it's just me but I found nearly every AA gun incredibly weak in the game with the exception of Battlefield 1.

It's like shooting nerf balls at planes and infantry.

The Pom-Poms still had a max range so skygods could just stay at the ceiling. It's just the plane's weapons weren't all that good at that range so if they actually wanted to get a decent number of kills even bombers had to come within range. Also BF1 planes were giant bloated balls of HP that were mainly balanced out by the fact their engines or wings could be damaged: causing a potential loss of control followed by a case of terminal lithobraking.

Also the pilot/crew were completely exposed. I actually managed to get a couple K-Bullet headshots on low-flying pilots (usually while trying to aim for the engine)

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

*sigh* goddammit DICE I guess you get more of my money. I was actually thinking recently about how much fun zip lining and grappling were in BF2:SF.

bring back cartillery

It's confirmed in. You can call in tanks now to squish snipers. Also they took the tank parachute system straight from the Mars rovers: Parachutes get it slow-ish and close-ish then a rocket pack slows it for the last couple meters.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

I'm crossing all my fingers and toes in the hopes that releases a well balanced game!

I'm just gonna hope for "reasonably fun and stable, and maps don't suck."

Fart Car '97 posted:

Some real dumb hot takes in this thread but this one takes the cake

Carl G? Yus!

Carl G when literally everyone can carry 5 of the? That might be a bit excessive...

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

SpartanIvy posted:

2142 was great because each class had 2 different primaries to choose from and a handful of gadgets per class. So a sniper had a traditional sniper rifle that wasn't a one hit kill, but you could also spec with a cloaking device that worked super well at distance. So snipers weren't super overpowered but could effectively hang back and move around and take shots at people without instantly being targeted by everyone on the map.

If you wanted to be more of an up-close sniper you could be an engineer with a Pilum anti tank rifle which was an instant kill but the projectile was super slow and visible so you're easy to hunt down after firing.

As such the Pilum was also pretty terrible at anti aircraft fire. You could instead use the rocket launcher with engineer class which had home rockets and we're great AA, but not as damaging, and also worthless with infantry. Although the engineer also got an SMG with it's load out which was pretty good.

Really? I found the AA-launcher to actually secretly be a super good anti-infantry weapon in close range: it one-shot infantry and had two shots. Shame I discovered that only a couple months before I stopped playing. Meanwhile the AA launcher just sucked against air. You were better off using the standard guided launcher against gunships and not by much due to countermeasures in 2142 being an invincible shield bubble.

But yeah, snipers were not that big a deal in 2142. You had the 2 faction specific rifles (which were close enough to not really matter) and if you put your unlock points in Recon you could get a "heavy" sniper that had an ugly rear end red scope that made it hard to see just about anything. Though I swear that thing had some sort of aim compensation that just homed on heads whenever I used it. Between that and the draw distance of that era of gaming it wasn't exactly hard to convince a decent amount of players to take the carbine and be a sneaky stealth C4 bastard instead.

Though there was one attack/defend map that was notorious for having a balcony full of defending snipers that was always great for running through and collecting 5 dogtags in under a minute.

Meanwhile as mentioned the engineer got to chose between the faction-specific guided rocket launcher (they worked the exact same way, just one fired a cluster of 4 missiles that did the same damage). Or you could swap out for the utterly underwhelming AA launcher or the Pilum which was basically the Rocket Rifle from BF1 but you didn't have to be prone to fire it. The Pilum was the correct choice 9/10 times because while the shot was slow it was unguided so the tank or mech you fired it at didn't have a big "INCOMING MISSILE, HIT YOUR BUBBLE!" alarm going off. Also you could fire the thing and then duck into cover because you didn't have to maintain LOS like with the standard launchers. All of the AT weapons were only good for the occasional "And especially gently caress THIS guy!" moments against infantry.

Also since the anti-vehicle weapon was considered the "main" weapon in BF2142 that could be swapped out, engis got a sweet-rear end faction-flavored SMG instead of a pistol. Those things would eat the face of anyone else but at the cost of you lacking a sidearm to pull out when your mag was dry.

But you know the biggest thing I miss about 2142? Having a squeaky toy for a gun! I swear, in universe every single dog in a 2 kilometer radius would have started howling the moment you opened fire with the Krylov. Not to mention the squeaks when you switched to it and the scope popped up (cutting through where the barrel would have been).

Ravenfood posted:

E: the Krylov was better than the Voss.

I personally preferred the heavy AR, but the Krylov was certainly my favorite SOUNDING gun because it was so ridiculous. Also the Voss just sucked so that's not a hard claim to make.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Bob Wins posted:

The Krylov was the best, I swear that thing had magic bullets. I even have a soft spot for the EU starter gun despite the fact that it kicked like crazy.

80% of the player base used the Voss near the end but if you ever found a high BR player that used the starter guns or the Baur (the high damage kicks like a mule low magazine) gun they were forces to be reckoned with.

After mastering the LMG mechanics to the point where I could actually win most close-range fire-fights the Baur was easy to master and had a noticeably longer range than either the defaults or the Voss.

My roomie at the time watched me single-handedly defend a point from an entire 6-man squad using the Baur without reloading once. 2.5 kills with the Baur, then 1.5 kills with the under-barrel shotgun, one dude with the EU revolver, and finally KNIFE TO THE FACE for the last guy.

"What the gently caress did you just do!?"

Me (trying to keep the adrenaline shakes under control while I reloaded my entire loadout, fully aware of the bullshit I just pulled): "Killed them all, sir."

Too Many Birds posted:

gonna have to do some depraved things to get a GPU by october i feel

I'm uncomfortably wondering if I should rebuild a fresh machine myself.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Bleh, I tried to enjoy V, I really did, but I couldn't. Especially not after whatever lobotomy patient was in charge decided "Nah, TTK is too low, I'm gonna just arbitrarily gently caress with all the numbers." That event really killed what fun was left.

Now despite being burned so badly by V I'm trying to fight the hype at least enough to hold out until I hear the reports from the first beta.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

A lot of people just want to play point and click games. Have your scope resting on one thin corner, and wait for enemy pixels to fill it. 24/7.

It's why I don't understand hill wookies, it's agonizing to me to just stay in one place.

Ditto. The game is about playing the objectives. The announcer and UI updates you about playing the objectives. The scoreboard has to be brought up by pressing tab to see how well you're doing.

MUST PLAY OBJECTIVES...and every now and then collect a dogtag of some shitlord sitting on the edges of the map. Or find some other hilarious way to kill him.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

So we also know there's a Super-Medic guy who gets 100% revives/heals and a ranged heal-dart gun instead of whatever generic kit the player can carry.

Is there gonna be a Support version of him that can *ahem* shoot bullets at allies? Finally you can literally shut up all those idiots asking for ammo (and refuse to just walk up and grab some off of your support rear end in BFV) by firing your 40mm Mag-launcher at them?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JB-O8A-TA

It burned down the house

In the fine tradition of EA executives trying to push into over-crowded markets, it also burned down the game.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Insert name here posted:

Actually tank drivers bailing because being able to instantly get out of their vehicle making them feel safe owns because it meant a chance to steal a tank, a classic Battlefield tradition

I think I could count the number times I've seen a stolen tank in both BF1 and V combined on one hand

BF1 tanks were loving valuable and even the average pubby realized that abandoning was the greatest dishonor. That and they tended to be giant clown cars requiring multiple players to operate all the guns so even if the driver bailed there was someone else in it. Exception being the artillery truck OF SHAME but those were the vehicle version hillwookies that never got close enough anyways.

BFV the tanks were cheap trash so it was more no one would dare bring them close enough to the fight to be stolen because that meant getting close enough to get utterly face-wrecked.

The fact that it took 2-3 highly vulnerable seconds to hop out (in view of the enemy team who loved the idea of shooting your rear end) meant you might as well stay in and shoot people since you were gonna die anyways.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

the only way to save yourself from the modern influencer-centric internet is to unplug your modem and wander off into the forest never to return to the digital world

Preeettty much.

And as tempting as doing that is, it wouldn't make the actual game come any faster sadly.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

moot the hopple posted:

In BFV the Allied tank you could call in as a squad reinforcement was the crocodile which had a flamethrower for the third gunner seat. This flamethrower not only had a lovely range but would also obscure most of the vision of the driver in first person view when fired due to its location. So a gunner could just spam the flamethrower ineffectually, not hitting anyone, while drastically reducing the effectiveness of the main gun at the same time.

So yeah, has already proven they can make having a gunner a detriment.

I'm also pretty sure the fuel-tank trailer was also a giant honking weakpoint...which to be fair it was a fuel tank and generally hidden behind the bulk of the rest of the Churchill (which is not exactly a small tank).

But yeah you got a lovely version of the Churchill with a giant CRITICAL DAMAGE box trailing behind it and the selling point of the vehicle was not only nearly useless as a weapon but actively weakened the rest of its crew's ability to perform.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Perestroika posted:

I challenge anybody to find something more satisfying to do in BF than sneaking up on that rear end in a top hat tank who's killed you three times and kerblasting that sucker with some C4.

Killing them in such a way one of their team members gets auto-kicked for teamkilling.

Eastbound Spider posted:

if someone told me that made bfv by accident i would belive them

EA "Make us a Battle Royale game."
"O...ohkay, our last one is still going strong but here's a Battlefield game we had the interns make over the weekend?"
EA "N-no...a Battle Royale not a Battle Field..."
"Oooooh! Um...what's that?"

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Fishy Flip posted:

Weapons confirmed so far:

Assult Rifles
- M5A3 (SIG Sauer MCX Spear)
- AK-24 (AK-12)
- 4V9 (DDM4V7)
- Colt M5 Enhanced Carbine
- FN SCAR-H CQC

SMGs
- PBX-9 (LWRC SMG 45)
- K30 (KRISS Vector)

LMGs
- PKP Pecheneg
- LCMG (KAC LAMG)

Shotguns
- Remington M870

Marksman Rifles
- Chukavin SVCh
- DSR-1 Precision
- TG-24 (Sako TRG)

Handguns
- G57 (Glock 19 Gen 4)
- M44 (Taurus M44)

Launchers
- Carl Gustaf M4 Recoilless Rifle
- FN40GL

What other weapons do you guys want to see added?
I just need an AN-94 and a SKS and I'll be set. Oh, and maybe an AS-VAL or VSS Vintorez would be cool to see again.

Add a couple future-weapons from BF2142, like an early Baur or Ganz, as a nod forward to 2142.

I'd say Krylov but you'd need future tech to not have a gun with that many parts immediately fall to pieces on the battlefield.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 17, 2021

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

There needs to be at least one caseless weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGKcvM2Hh4g

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Oh really? I must have forgotten (thud), because (thud) I (thud) run into (CRASH) every goddamn object I find and usually DON'T go over them.

Just remember: The Bollard Wins.

The Bollard ALWAYS Wins.

https://twitter.com/WorldBollard/status/1404537085449715716

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

So according to Jackfrags collecting rumors and comments the new zone is confirmed to NOT be a BR and is very likely a Tarkov-like.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

Med packs are better.

The best medical equipment was the 2142 medkit.

To this day I have no idea what the PAC medic said. I just heard "Your wounds are stupid!" when I threw one out.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

It's a symptom of making people pay for maps (which, as far as my spotty memory goes, they did in this game?).

So a good 70% of servers or so are basically just vanilla maps because that's what everyone has, guaranteed.

Yup. Back then you bought map packs to get more maps. Or...you didn't and just suffered.

It's why I'm really glad they're making the map packs/expansions free now. It avoids splitting up the player base.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

I think one of the things that irks me the most about Battlefield 1 is that they make a big deal out of Behemoths but in truth they're mostly useless, and indeed are a hindrance to the already losing team they're supposed to be helping since they'll be down a couple players who'll be wasting time piloting the silly things instead of being actually helpful

For the first few months of the game the behemoths were actually something to respect. It's just that then everyone started to figure out how to kill them really fast and they just evaporated.

Well except the ship. That thing always sucked. The zeppelin was potentially the most powerful but people figured out about a dozen different ways to kill them super fast after about a month. The train was a monster if it was used properly and had infantry support (and you kept DipshitNub69 from getting in thing and driving it straight into the mines the other team set). I never had much experience with the tank.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Orv posted:

BF2 had straight up bad gunplay even for the time and while that doesn't invalidate the fun everyone had with it cause it was a fuckin' blast, I'll keep screaming that forever cause god the shooting in that game sucked.

And 2142, the game I love the most, also sucked!

ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED!

2/2142 definitely did some weird things with hitcode, game balance and other things. Though the wire-guided AT rockets were always glorious and shockingly solid for counter-sniping.

I remember being in the beta-test for 2142's expansion and the crew there gamed and tested out a lot of crazy stuff. Including what the "heavy armor" toggle did: it didn't just give your character a flak jacket on the model (and giant fuckoff traffic cone pauldrons if you were EU) it basically gave you a flak jacket damage model in return for losing a chunk of your sprint meter. Your torso hitbox took less damage from bullets, your arms, legs and head had the same damage value. No protection at all from explosions. That was it.

So...shiny new shooty-bang-bang game when? Or at least some more news about it?

I also will never stop hoping for a 2143.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Aces High posted:

Wasn't BF2 the one where you had to aim off to the side of centre for melee hits to land? Like I don't think it was a latency thing, melee just didn't track correctly so if you aimed for centre mass you would miss

I dunno about BF2, but 2142 where they introduced dogtags you had to stand a foot or so back. The game actually fired all attacks from a bit ways out from your camera, about where your gun would end from your point of view. So if you shoved your face into someone's rear end your knife attack would spawn on the far side of the person.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Eastbound Spider posted:

Sorry op thhey are bad maps

They're excellent maps to serve as toxic waste containment.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

lmao

dude blindly charges into a house and gets gunned down

"my team loving sucks"

ya dude, its def your team

Followed by him expecting a goon to do the same.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Vagabong posted:

Weapons being tied to class meant that you'd get at least some variety from people messing around with other weapons.

Yeah I feel it's weird that they're tying each specialist into the traditional roles (medic/engi/recon/support) but not limiting their gadgets. I'm 100% for them unlocking your primary weapon from your role (Being stuck with lever actions at best for Recon at BFV's launch, complete with how bad flares were after BF1, loving sucked for close range) but I feel the gadgets should be at least role-locked (with the super special skill being specific specialist locked).

I'll wait and see though.

On the complete opposite side: If the bots push the objectives and find a happy median between "aimbot" and "worthless" I'm all for those. Them being there puts an excellent sense of pressure on the points you've captured. I didn't play the modern one but the old Star Wars Battlefront games had AI bots in them and they were pretty fun. They're excellent for keeping large parts of the map from feeling abandoned.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Symetrique posted:

Gonna be a great amount of toxicity when we can point to players who dont do as well as bots

Mainly gonna save it for people poo poo-talking in all chat since you never know when someone's literally a kid...but boy howdy is that gonna feel great when ShitlordActual starts talking poo poo and we can point out that he'd literally be helping the team more as a bot.

Also for better or worse it likely will give the 40x scope crowd something to do of keeping an eye on regularly traveled paths. Let them be lazy PvE players.

Alehkhs posted:

Yup. Give me Titanfall-style background grunts forever, thanks.

Yeah, for every single bit I'm kinda-sorta hesitant on, the bots bit is something I'm looking forward to.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Give rocket launchers twice the ammo, but make them take up the primary weapon slot. Make em commit to the gustav life

So BF2142 rules then? Because they were literally the Engineer's primary weapon. In return, the Engi got a mean SMG instead of a pistol for their sidearm.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

The United States posted:

BF2 also gave the anti-tank class such terrible primary weapons that it was effectively the same thing (such that even the DAO was an improvement over the SMGs).

I think I rather enjoyed the Middle East SMG just because it had such a big honking magazine. But yeah, holy poo poo when you're actually trying to work hard to unlock the loving DAO/Stryker for better mid range performance.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

The best fun in Conquest is deciding you don't want to play Musical Chairs anymore and deciding that you will take, hold and defend a point. This gets even more fun if the point you decide is the one closest to the enemy team's uncappable, enraging them. Additional multipliers applied for each friend, or squad of goons, you bring to this activity.

I still prefer the attack/defend modes though because the game hands you the action and chaos on a platter. Though those have the highest potential for the worst map design (Yes I'm talking about you, loving bunkers beneath the giant mountain canons in the "Italians Feel Bad About Themselves" maps in BF1).

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

BFV is a bad game but squad revives are a legit good idea

BFV was a bad game full of legit good little ideas like that.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

God that lighthouse in Valparaiso. It was hard to get there sometimes but it was so great to just relax and spend some time denying it to enemy snipers. Don't try to do anything but rack up some chill kills and salt.

Also I was one of the assholes who'd jump into the TOW missile point and lob missiles at one of the MCOMs in the fishing village to take care of it cheese style.

BC2 Rush was great other than how they really went overboard on the destructible terrain and the points would become moonscapes devoid of cover in any direction. I feel they learned their lesson by the time BF3 came around (and then still had to dial it further back when goons showed you could use the dirt deformation to dig literal trenches in the Metro gardens with C4 during the all metro all the time beta )

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Tribes Ascended rocked. Titanfall 1 & 2 rocked.

Need me some more Go Fast Shootymans games.

It's me: the weirdo who'd actually go for the flag in a fatsuit in Tribes:Ascend.

Never worked against a team that was even halfway competent/coordinated but oh my god was it loving hilarious each time some enemy scout coming to drop the flag (or just zooming over the flag stand as they idled and waited for their team to try to make our flag runner drop their flag) and discovered that I'd replaced the friendly Doombringer shield on the stand with my own.

Also grabbing the flag as a Brute with the "explosive damage gives jetpack energy" perk and having multiple scouts nicking me with their itty bitty spinfusers, recharging my energy as I ambled along to where my team could pick up the flag. My friend once said the mental image was along the lines of "A fat dog wobbling excitedly back with the ball, unconcerned by all of the angry chickens it just bowled over."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Welp, EA/Battlefield's marketing team are certainly earning their pay with that trailer.

Loved the Blackhawk mulching a bunch of Nazis. Also the knife vs Defib fight was perfect. And the guy switching between models to the battlefield pulse.