Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Somewhat pissed the recon hero character is called "Casper" and not "Wookiee" or "Wook" or something. They could have really gone meta here but nooooooooooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Will this finally be the greatest moment in PC Gaming History? Is he coming back to us?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

As a fair warning to newcomers or anyone whose never joined the Discord. We're really into Butts.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Captain Beans posted:

what is the butt discord link?

e: also the BF1 resurgence allowed me to play air assault for the first time and I was able to be turret for the entire round of battlefield again. i used to love shooting down planes on 1942 in the little radar dish AA on Battle of Berlin. its just so relaxing

https://discord.gg/eXjk7tYW

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

RCarr posted:

Canít you form a party in BF1 at the main menu, then queue together?

Yes and no. A.) The other people have to appear online within origin and be able to be seen and invited. B.) as said above you have to be in the squad, get INTO the server and only then does it prompt them to join said server. If you sit in a 10 person deep queue they just sit there with their thumb up their rear end going "Huh whats going on"

Dead Like Rev fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 6, 2021

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

The United States posted:

While I like that Origin has the "join on friends" functionality that steam does that in theory should put you in the same server and squad, I found it breaks so often that we just end up telling people the server name in discord and asking them to search for it and then manually trying to team and squad up, like the good old BF2 days.

I mean, yeah, that's the problem. It never works. There's zero point in it and they've never fixed it and apparently have no plans to. Which blows ones mind since they bailed out from Battlelog which worked and didn't require origin.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

PittTheElder posted:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly why they ditched Battlelog.

Pretty much, they wanted control.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

I missed playing with you all :unsmith:

We all hang out - for the most part on discord in the battlefield channel on Marvelous Pro Elite Gaming Society linked earlier in the thread, like within the last page or two (by me) - and we play their or on a mumble all the time.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Found a loving unicorn tonight, it was magical. The KING of the Wookies. He was Majestic and as useless if not more so than all the rest.

Dead Like Rev fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 9, 2021

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

https://youtu.be/FJVCfhLEYdo

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

vehicle entry animations are still there, its just that the camera goes to the vehicle immediately while the soldier climbs in

test seems fun so far, AI is kinda crazy. I was on the roof of a building shooting down at soldiers and one AI flanked me with a grapple hook while another threw a perfect grenade up there and killed me. Then he grappled up to the roof himself and killed my teammate

another time I was running down a tunnel and turned a corner right into an AI. The AI then did a slide to dodge my bullets and headshotted me effortlessly

Game feels like a proper successor to BF4 and Im excited to see how it all turns out

No I think the animations are just bugged as I got one. We called in a vehicle drop for the squad and I climbed in and it played. My guy hopped on top of the tank tossed open the hatch and jumped in.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Vagabong posted:

It sorta cracks me up when they bring out a character from an old game that didn't make much of an impression with a lot of Fanfare. Were there a lot of die hard Irish stans hyped to see this news?

The youtube chat lost its poo poo when I was watching the video release live about it being him.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

afkmacro posted:

Map seems huge, how does it compare to hamada? I see sectors on the map but doesn't seem very linear, looks like regular conquest but with two flags to control a sector?

gently caress off huge, like I got a bit annoyed running around it.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

The United States posted:

Wait was Final Stand still supposed to be taking place in the far off year of... 2020 ?

Yes LMAO, and it also featured them building the Walker from 2142.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

TWENTY FOUR SEVEN OP LOCKER NO NADES MUST PUSH NO CAMPING AUTO BALANCE ON CHRISTIAN GAMING HARDCORE ONLY ~NO PROFANITY 24/7 MODERATION~

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

MrYenko posted:

Despite twenty plus years of trying, I still cannot reconcile no-profanity rules on servers for games about murdering other humans with explosives and automatic weapons.

I got banned from one cause I kept saying gently caress and got frustrated and said "Jesus isn't real you made him up!"

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

sbaldrick posted:

Oh poo poo, enemy spotting. Good for my old eyes

No, not really. You more so "ping" the general area the guy is not quite the current spotting system we are used to

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

sbaldrick posted:

does it at least kind of mark the person on the map or hud

SOOOOOO It was kind of a weird system? You can hit Q and it pings basically anything and everything, Yes it seemed to also EXTREMELY briefly spot an enemy. But it more so slapped a pin down on the map in like a 3d overlay you could see that said "he's this way" And you could also use it to suggest to your team "Hey I wanna go this way" I don't think it was fully functional/working/implemented being as it was the technical test and as we've said it looked like an old as hell client (which DICE confirmed it was like a year old or more).

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

pro starcraft loser posted:

So stop having classes. Just have everyone be a medic/sniper/engineer/death robot whenever they need.

I cancelled my pre-order as this looks more and more just like BF4 (which was fun) with a little more. I'll see what people think on release.

No one cares?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

1000% percent in with the sentiment that jets/bombers/planes are just a massive annoyance.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

SOOOOOO - Falks gun doesn't revive anymore from alpha to beta? the gently caress?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

This thread losing its mind shouting BF1 is bad and BFV is good and shouting about hero classes has me laughing hard.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Skyarb posted:

Bf1 is my favorite in the series. I wrote off BFV for a long time because I heard about all the problems it had. What people hadn't been saying is how all those problems are gone now and it's actually really good, I still like BF1 better but bfv is a solid and fun time in it's own right. Even if 2042 fixes all of it's problems, BFV will still be a better battlefield title than 2042.

BF V is still janky as hell, has poor mechanics and is a bad game in general. The worst balance, and I mean, The literal WORST balance in all of battlefield.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

jisforjosh posted:

BF1 all day, every day over BFV in every category except for gun mechanics and sniping. The random deviation as a simulation for recoil in BF1 on automatic weapons is garbage and while I like the idea of the sweet spot mechanic for bolt actions the sniping in BFV is more skill oriented and more rewarding save for the BF1 headshot sound being the auditory version of crack cocaine.

GOD the BF1 headshot sound is literal heroine in my veins.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

There is so much trolling going on in this thread.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Skyarb posted:

Better yet get it for less than a hamburger years later and be suprised when its actually fun now and better than the shitshow that is 2042.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1238810

Whole lotta people playing now, best time to get involved. You get all the games unlocks, all maps, for 5 bucks. More players than ever and it seems to only continue to be going up. Feels more like BF4 than 2042 does thats for sure, despite being WW2

Alright, post your stats for BF V since you're trying sooooooooooooooo very hard to pimp a bad game, I gotta know.

Edit: make it easy for ya, use this. https://battlefieldtracker.com/

Dead Like Rev fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 10, 2021

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

How many of you BF V apologists were screaming real cringe like back at its release about women in world war 2? Be honest so we can distance ourselves appropriately and ignore you, also I'll find your post about it if it exists. lmao.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Skyarb posted:

https://imgur.com/VvSaFsN

Pretty much just got it last night, played about as long as I've played 2042 so if there are long lasting meta problems I haven't noticed them yet but I'd say I've already gotten 5 bucks worth of fun out of it, since it scratches that itch quite well.

Confirmed troll. Got it.

Skyarb posted:

^^^ What even is this weird strawman. Good luck search away. The game having women has and always owns cause it pisses off chuds.

Cause when the game came out lotta folks RAGED HARD - since you clearly haven't been around but...weirdly are trying to talk like you know everything about the game ..... dot dot dot dot question mark ? There were legit people being weirdo clowns / misogynist assclowns about the game having women in it. Which is loving disgusting to say the least. Now to see a thread full of people vehemently defending it is :stonk:

Dead Like Rev fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 10, 2021

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Skyarb posted:

I get this. But I also don't fully agree. The removal of classes in conjunction with the seemingly awful map design are things I don't think we'll be "fixed" in 2042. Granted maybe its just orbital that is poo poo but the lack of classes seriously turns me off BF2042.

Okay then - you don't have to play, you can literally run along. Where's the problem? Don't poo poo up the thread where those of us who are actually going to play with constant "LMAO GUYS THIS ONE THAT ALL OF YOU HATE IS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER, I KNOW IT FOR A FACT CAUSE IVE PLAYED IT FOR SOOOO LONG <played it for literally 5 minutes> YOU GUYS SHOULD PLAY IT TOO CAUSE ITS SOOOO MUCH BETTER" Cause that's what you are doing. I genuinely dunno who is worse right now, you or the literal thread shitposter whose rap sheet is a mile longer.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i am prepared to acknowledge that neither dice nor the players have the first clue why certain things in battlefield end up being iconic and amazing

This is unironically 100% true

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Oh god weíve gone full gamefaqs and weíre tier listing now.

D-Pad posted:

A reminder to everybody in the midst of this back and forth: BF4 still has tons of servers that stay populated 24/7 and is only $5 with all DLC included.

You mean the ones where pubbies donít throw ammo, donít throw health, and generally donít do anything other than MUH K/D and slam mouse one as hard as possible while staring down the corridor on every single no explosive no equipment no profanity Christian gaming server 24/7 metro or 24/7 op locker server known to man? Ya sure. Thereís lots of players. loving nihilism.

Dead Like Rev fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 11, 2021

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

Please revise with your tier lists with the inclusion of Hardlines and Heroes.

I can if you actually want?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

BOINS

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

jisforjosh posted:

You cancelled your preorder yet you're still here.

He's a literal forum troll / thread shitter. Peep the rap sheet, its a loving wild ride.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Skyarb posted:

If you want an actual dedicated BF goon discord: https://discord.gg/xDGu8fBCTZ

.......Why? We're all on the Marvelous Pro Elite Gamer society discord or on the Chugging the Stairs mumble....There's ZERO reason to make a third discord lmao

Edit: Also stop trying to steal Hadlock, he's an OG Wook wook. He belongs to us.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Skyarb posted:

Probably because it's dedicated just to battlefield, that's a grab bag server.

You should probably throw the other one in there too, there are currently over 40 goons using that exclusively for battlefield stuff.

I made it a while ago when people were asking what discord to use and no one posted one, if we all want to migrate to the other one that's fine too

We've been using pro elite gaming society and CTS mumble for uhhh.. Forever, you're not gonna get any of us who've been playing for a long time to migrate off of them. Sorry, and to note, like this isn't me trying to be an rear end or anything it's just honest to gods truth. We've got a tag and calendar setup where we can setup events and we consistently @ each other with the battlefield tag when we want to play. Plus its most of us in the actual "battlefield goons" group who have been playing for literal years. Ya'll can come on over, the moderation is good, and yeah its "grab bag" but its not some secular discord thats fired off designed to Tempus Thales itself off from the community.

quick edit: Also it was in the prior thread op.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Skyarb posted:

If it's actually a good discord that isn't full of old world goons dropping slurs and generally thinking being lovely online is the peak of comedy I'm down to migrate.

I promise - it's not - WeedBabyGoku is banned. 100%. GDN was never allowed to exist on it. Mod team is fair but tough on bullshit like weirdo's spewing slurs.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Philman posted:

M97 Trench Gun

Namaste.

BF4 Saiga on 24/7 Op Locker running the tunnels lmaoooooooooo

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Chronojam posted:

Would trade homing AA for zunis or the AA flak rocket anyday

I would trade all of that for an anti-chronojam rocket in a heart beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

Giving all these posts a Hooah

IM GIVING IT ALL THE HOOAH I CAN - I CAN'T HOOAH ANY HARDER!