Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

:alarm:

Let's do it! I'll throw down :20bux: to have our own goon server.

apparently someone donated bitcoins to the goon old server...we might be ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

Kind of hurts to see all this dissing of BF1, which was one of the better battlefield games ever in my opinion, and ending up having a ton of maps. Operations was a pretty fun game-mode, and they added other fun ones as well. The vehicle balance felt fine to me, but I guess that can be subjective. The sound of a headshot in BF1 is probably one of the most satisfying game sounds ever. Plus they had a few Russian civil war maps!
I bought BF5 but kept BF1 installed on my PS4 till the pacific content dropped, and I still regret uninstalling and installing BF5.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

Goddamit.... I'm going to have to delete some games on my PS4 and reinstall BF1..

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

yeah, i was pretty disappointed to see that some of my unlocks weren't maintained. Gotta unlock the lebel again dammit.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

Haha yeah, that's the basics.
From what I remember, you mostly unlock gadgets and stuff as you level, so that's good. As far as weapons, they aren't usually straight upgrades, so look at stats and guess what you'll like.
I think you can pick up peoples kits? If you can, might be a good way to try new guns and see what you like.
The one exception to the no straight upgrades is the Helreigel for the assault class. It's not amazingly better than other smgs, since some have faster rate of fire, but it's got a big clip and if you get a good flank you can just tear it up.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

I liked hardline. it was pretty fun during the beta, and I don't regret buying it cause the campaign was kind of a new idea. The gunplay was pretty fun, pretty cool maps. Didn't you grow up playing cops and robbers?

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

Warad posted:

The real BF1942 was Forgotten Hope. Still the only WW2 mod game that let you putt around in a Polish Tankette. :poland:

this guy knows whats up. had it so you had to stop running to get an accurate shot off, could be faster if you crouched....so everything was crazy cinematic. some of the things i did it that felt like from the movies.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

Funny, I just looked at that BF:V video and I could swear aside from the weapon models looking slightly better, the vietnam mod in bf1942 had better looking maps and vehicles.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

I'm just broke brained and like using iron sights, but with current or future scopes there's almost no point. Gonna miss the BF1 style where most guns are pretty good with iron sights.
Man, can you imagine if they just did a WW2 version of bf1 instead of what we got? Like, bring back premium if it means we're going to get tons of maps and new guns. Can you imagine if BF:V had as many varied maps as BF1? We got loving russian civil war maps! There's not even any russians in your ww2 game!

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

It's the Audie Murphy position, you can definitely use the machinegun to get some kills, but you're a huge target. I like it, it's best avoided for survival reasons but it can be used to go on a tear if the tank driver is good enough.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

Can't say I'm an expert but the LMG you unlock with the season pass seems pretty good to me, seems pretty accurate.

Man, how good is the drone? i got a 160 assists in a round of breakthrough and my team just cruised through their defences.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

codo27 posted:

I dunno who you'd have to be for even a child's toy replica of a MAV to be able to battle in your navel.

Very strange that....my god I cant believe I cant remember the name of that horseshoe map...didn't make it for Portal in this game

smh at all these noobs that don't remember wake island from the bf1942 demo.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

It's not literally being a commander, but flying the drone around especially on breakthrough can make you feel like a commander, because you can see everyone. And constantly spotting so your teammates can see them too, can make a huge difference. I'd almost say it's the biggest contribution a single player can do.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

Inspector Hound posted:

I should be a good sport and give it another go, trying it out the first time was just such a demoralizing 45 minutes or so

Probably the best thing about BF1 is the fact that when you're the squad leader and you do the "go-go-go" voice command, it's a loving whistle!
I'd honestly say that BF1 may be the best battlefield, but i'll admit to be biased by the both the general setting of WW1 and having a freaking communist campaign.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

Vampire Panties posted:

you couldnt quit from games for like the first six months of BF1, you had to kill the entire process

its just the game itself was really good at launch, as compared to BFV/BF2042

smh people not appreciating the meta commentary of a WW1 game being easy to join and at least starts of fun, but then a miserable slog to get out of.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

Pharmaskittle posted:

Wake 2042 with a submarine metro-like tunnel between the islands would be beyond sick

obviously you would make the inside of the carrier a metro like area where you'd have to go into the engine room and the radio room or whatever and blow it up with explosives as another way to destroy the carrier, torpedo planes aside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

Orv posted:

The worst map has always been Wake Island but the various meat grinder maps that people inexplicably love come close
(imagine the meme with nelson and milhouse talking about the movie they saw and bart tries to act like he saw it)
nobody who ever played the bf1942 demo would ever say that