Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

jisforjosh posted:

The Zeppelin is absolutely hilarious now if people all switch to Support, equip the Burton LMR and switch to incendiary rounds. The gondolas just melt away

Really hope 2042 brings back LMGs having some utility against aircraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Bring back no time limit Front Lines.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Mordja posted:

NGL, it somehow still hasn't been long enough and I am completely dulled at seeing all those modern guns and equipment in the leaked footage. Hoping the game advances the timeline through content updates and we get railguns and hovertanks and Titans.

The story builds off whatever the made up geo-politics and characters of 4 were, which means the Final Stand DLC is canon in the 2042 setting.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

If this game doesn't have a map that is basically the Raft from Snow Crash it will be a complete waste of the setting they developed.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Inspector Hound posted:

I had a round of Redacted that made me understand all the complaints about it. We just couldn't break through to that third area. They had us locked down with the bulk of their team in the middle, and a contingent on each side door, and the hail of grenades was enough to keep everyone penned in, no matter how many gadgets or how much teamwork. I've never seen a random server where so many people knew to use anti-grenade emplacements, the revives didn't stop, everyone was giving each other ammo and health, spotting, cover fire, moving in groups, nothing mattered. I managed to get in once; maybe if we'd managed a flood of grenades and a few guys with shields? Yikes.

The EMP grenade will destory an anti-grenade shoot down emplcement. Absolute nessecity for Redacted that someone on your team is equipping them.