Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’m working, give me highlights of the countdown to the countdown to the announcement of the next countdown that will lead up to a beta trailer ETA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TenementFunster posted:

bring back “The Bird is The Word” at maximum volume

Bring back this too, which AFAIK was the only song in the game that was from after Vietnam ended:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzGul5W7ewA

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Vagabong posted:

What was it that made BFV so bad anyway? I only played a for a few hours on EA's sub service but it felt kinda off the whole time.

This came up a lot in the old thread, but when most recently asked, here’s some highlights of the issues it had:

Fart Car '97 posted:

It was definitely a "total package" type failure.
-Low content on release and failure to deliver on the 'games as a service' pitch in any meaningful way for a long time.
-Bland, soulless visuals compared to previous titles.
-Atrocious vehicle progression where they were often completely uncompetitive until the final unlocks.
-Lack of iconic locales, Armies, and weapons. They wanted to do lesser known battles but it just didn't work.
-Bizarre cosmetics that satisfied absolutely nobody in either the "horny for ww2 milsim" camp or the "outlandish cosmetics are ok" camp. Also there were none of them. It took them like 4 months to release the cosmetics they featured in the Alpha/Beta
-Grand Operations were very, very clearly unfinished. Not just content lacking but outright half-baked.
-Planes were very unsatisfying to fly.
-Planes were also stupidly overpowered for a long time.
-Tanks were weak which meant all they could do was sit back and snipe, contributing to the usual "infantry on both teams resenting vehicles" scenario.
-Most maps were bad and conquest was the only real mode to play
-Hamada
-At some point they decided they didn't like the ttk, which was generally considered by the player base the only good part of the game, and changed it. Everyone hated the change, which resulted in the game going through like 4 major ttk phases over a few months as they flopped between 1.0-2.0-1.0-3.0.
-The UI was bizzare and sucked rear end

It was clear that design decisions alone would have relegated V to the bottom tier of BF games, but being released a year early just sent it down the dumpster chute even faster.

Hot Diggity! posted:

-Player models being indistinguishable from the background
-Back-prone (although I do find back prone very funny as an image when it's a guy with a loving MG between their legs spraying indiscriminately)
-Lack of quality vehicles, especially transport vehicles
-Insistence on an animation for everything
-The low ammo count that you could hold at launch
-Vehicle resupplying being a thing

fartknocker posted:

- Weapon and vehicle upgrades being tied to the Company Coins that the game wasn’t properly awarding for its first 2-3 months.
- Adding and removing game modes like Frontlines, Outpost, and other stuff, often with those modes only being available for a very limited handful of maps.
- Squad support call ins being underwhelming or downright useless on some maps.
- Map boundaries being awful in some game modes, leading to some resupply/vehicle repair stations being out of bounds for over a year.
- Spotting flares being uselessly small for a long rear end time.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Alkydere posted:

Ahahahah, I remember about a week after I quit BFV there was a patch that straight up made vehicles go invisible. I wanted to love that game so much but...nope.

There was a later glitch when Panzerstorm was added where people could move vehicles all over the maps prior to the round start by simply going in reverse, which included going into normally out of bounds areas. Invisible guns and ammo magazines were also a thing for a while with some weapons as well.

Anyway, chalk me up as another very much intrigued by the way 2042 looks. They’re saying a lot of good stuff so far, and I’m really hoping for cross play insanity as well.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

BigglesSWE posted:

Give me the Martini Henry you cowards.

:hmmyes:

That thing was just loving satisfying pre-nerf, between the sound and smoke, even better if you got BF1’s great headshot sound out of it.