Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbo Poggs
Jan 6, 2013
I loved BF: Vietnam and Bad Company 2 in the Olde Days & just grabbed BF4 off Twitch Prime last night to get pumped for 2042. I am mostly warm garbage, but I enjoy tossing medpacks at my fellow soldiers. Pretty excited to see how 2042 plays, glad it doesn't seem to take itself too seriously!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Poggs
Jan 6, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

My main issue with BF4 vs 1 is that 1 is super playable solo and without much unlocked, but 4 has a lot of the good stuff behind a time grind and can be utterly miserable if you don't have a squad with the means to fend off vehicles.

The grind is disgusting in 4, I really hope 2042 does away with it. Probably a pipe dream but just...give me the sights & poo poo & let me shoot mans please

Been loading in to hardcore servers with a friend, though, which is the way to go coming from games like Insurgency Sandstorm

Turbo Poggs
Jan 6, 2013
Anyone here play Tannenberg? They backfill empty player slots with AI too, which is good because only like 15 people play that game

Turbo Poggs
Jan 6, 2013
I have great memories of placing a mortar in the back of the chinook on Operation Irving. Took a while for them to patch up the wonky ~emergent physics based gameplay~ that made the chopper immediately flip over & explode